Posts by Brijac

Look, I'm using an old A95X with only 1GB ram and I have a few years old Libreelec and Kodi on it and it works flawlessly. It runs everything, HEVC, 10bit, X264.. you name it. All these devices that I listed cannot be older or worst than this A95X.

I'm not looking for anything special, I just want it to work like A95X, nothing more.

If I buy a simple box I get the box that is looking fine, I get the power supply and I get the remote. If I buy Rpi I get an ugly-ass-looking board, I have to buy a case separately, I have no idea if the power supply goes with it, USB cable, what about the remote... it's not that simple as it is to buy an android box.

An external HDD doesn't work on those boxes?

Are you aware that those boxes have a locked boot loader? So you can't install an OS on internal storage.

If you have to have Android, then my advice is to get an RPi4B (or RPi 400), and make two microSD's with Android and LE.

On what boxes? I didn't write anywhere that external HDD doesn't work on some box?

I don't want to install an OS on internal storage. I've been using A95X with installed Libreelec on SD card and that works great.

It doesn't have to have Android but it does have to be an android box (media player with remote). I simply want a normal player where I will install Libreelec and use only that. I will not use Android but I do not want RPi or anything like that, I want android box.

I'm still puzzling why the thread starter doesn't just installs the Kodi app on whatever Android box, because that's good enough for playing from external HDD.

You mean why I don't just simply install Kodi on android OS instead of installing Libreelec? I got used to turn on the box and it loads Kodi. I don't need android or anything else. I just want to turn on my box and Kodi to load.

Like I said, I don't want mini PCs, boards or anything like this. Simple android box where I can install Libreelec on the SD card will be fine.

Hello, I need an android box to install Libreelec on it and only use it to watch movies from an external hdd. Till now I had an old Nexbox A95x S905X with just 1GB ram and it worked great so I'm looking for something similar (I'm not interested in RPi or something like that, only android box). Also, it would be great if the installation of the Libreelec would be simple like on A95X (make an SD card, insert it, take out the power cable, press reset button and insert the power cable).

What I found in the stores in my country for about 40-45$:

Tanix tx3 mini

A95X PRO

X96 mini

Tanix TX3 MAX

X96 MAX PLUS

TX6 mini

M10 Pro

X96Q

MXQ PRO

I would avoid ordering boxes from aliexpress or other stores because the shipping is taking too long right now so it would be best if some of these boxes that I listed above can do the job but if they can't, I will order from ali or some other store.

Thanks