[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I know there is a lot of discussion going on right now but I'm still wondering what the problem of TvH4.4 is. It was mentioned several times that the server does not respond.

Could someone tell me what the problem is? If I'm ignored because I do not provide a log file, please tell.

• The upscaling options - are they HW accelerated on the S905X? I was just wondering because I have some serious stuttering playing back a 10-bit x264 encoded file (resolution 960x720) even when using bilinear scaling. Nearest neighbour seems to work but of course, the result is not pretty. Out of interest, is there a way to disable upscaling but output the video as it is and let my TV do the thing?

• Just checked with debug log enabled: if using software decoding (a 10-bit x264 encoded file), frames are being dropped like crazy even though the CPU usage is not at 100%. With hardware decoding (a 10-bit x265 encoded file), no drops and no choice for upscaling options. It seems that optimized Lanczos3 is used then because if I use the Set as default for all media option, that upscaling is applied to that x264 encoded video as well.

• One question, just to be shure

I got Mecool M8S PRO+ ( S905X , 2GB/16 GB ) and LE 8.2.3.1 installed on SD Card, no problem there

what is safest way to update on this 8.90.4 version and not to screw anything , and with which dtb file

I know is explained in first post how to, but just want to stay on safe side

• One question, just to be shure

I got Mecool M8S PRO+ ( S905X , 2GB/16 GB ) and LE 8.2.3.1 installed on SD Card, no problem there

what is safest way to update on this 8.90.4 version and not to screw anything , and with which dtb file

I know is explained in first post how to, but just want to stay on safe side

Use a different sd card

• You should try NOT using the -nand version of the device tree file. The Beelink box you have does not need the nand version just use the straight forward gxl_p212_2G.dtb file instead. I have the same box and it works perfectly withthe non nand DTB file on LE 8.2. that is. Not tried on LE9 yet on the Beelink as only used my TX7 box for testing these Alpha LE9 releases, but clearly the -nand version is incorrect for this box.

• Gregoir3

So now you have the scan codes, all you have to do is follow the instructions on creating your own keymap.

See these two posts:

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices #1

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Thank You.

This remote control LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

1. In the folder "\storage\.config\" put file "rc_maps.cfg"

2. In the folder "\storage\.config\rc_keymaps\" put file "alfawise_h96pp"

3. Rebooted.

The remote control worked.

BUT! If you turn Off the player using "Suspend", and turn On - the remote does not work. Only аfter rebooting it works again.

At all the previous releases (7-8), the remote control worked fine after suspend.

Edited once, last by Tager (February 17, 2018 at 4:29 PM).

• You should try NOT using the -nand version of the device tree file. The Beelink box you have does not need the nand version just use the straight forward gxl_p212_2G.dtb file instead. I have the same box and it works perfectly withthe non nand DTB file on LE 8.2. that is. Not tried on LE9 yet on the Beelink as only used my TX7 box for testing these Alpha LE9 releases, but clearly the -nand version is incorrect for this box.

Okay thanks, anyway 'nand' dtb was designed to use for internal install location, I thought...

And it always works the last 20 updates or so, so I don't think it was incorrect at all.

I probably had an old dtb installed (since link in OP was outdated as kszaq pointed out) and now the new one was .... 'too new'

I am glad that I use now a sdcard and everything is back in order. But I highly suggest kszaq to even remove the 'internal installation method' from faq since with LE9 it won't be supported anyway.

• I have a Beelink MiniIII, after running is successfully from sd card, I took the plunge, aware of the risks, & just ran installtointernal Didn't use a nand dtb

It's still working, but I didn't notice any difference in speed

• I am glad that I use now a sdcard and everything is back in order. But I highly suggest kszaq to even remove the 'internal installation method' from faq since with LE9 it won't be supported anyway.

The FAQ is written for my community builds, I am unable to track changes other developers make in their builds.

Okay thanks, anyway 'nand' dtb was designed to use for internal install location, I thought...

And it always works the last 20 updates or so, so I don't think it was incorrect at all.

I probably had an old dtb installed (since link in OP was outdated as kszaq pointed out) and now the new one was .... 'too new'

"nand" device tree was designed for devices with NAND chip in meaning "not eMMC" and you should only use it if internal memory of your box is not detected. This is actually covered in FAQ.

• After updating to 8.90.4 the remotes have gone crazy. Before, my Philips TV remote worked with Kodi just fine. Now any keypress does what it does and additionally turn the S905X box off. Bummer.

On the original remote, where before no keys worked, now a few crazy keys work: Power On, Up is Down, 7 is Up, TV Power is Enter and Vol+ is Power Off.

I've tried both the regular 2GB dtb and the slowemmc dtb, both with the same result.