[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• TX3 Mini Test

Just plugged in my powered hard drive which is formatted NTFS and it does not show up under file manager or videos.

I rebooted and not showing up.

No notification when plugging it in.

Notification comes up when i pull it out. (Successfully Ejected)

Tried both USB Ports.

This powered Hard drive is normally plugged into my TX7 and records my TVHeadend Recordings.

No issues with it being seen on the TX7 Box Running 8.2.3.1. See signature.

From below log something not right Line 609 and 610 maybe ???

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Note:

For interlacing issues artefacts Create autostart.sh and copy to .config

The TX3 Mini suffers from this when playing .ts TV Recordings.

It is not this build. It happens on all stable builds as well.

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

Edited 6 times, last by kostaman (February 25, 2018 at 11:17 PM).

• My remote works but time reaction is really slow. Same slow behavior when using TV remote in CEC mode.

Navigation with Yatse Remote app is works (normal).

Edited once, last by yatoya (February 15, 2018 at 3:45 AM).

• i would LOVE to know why i receive no help at all....=x i was expecting this forum to be friendly!

I need to find out how to set av video output to 480p on my box, please! any tips? im using ntsc tv.

AZW W95 android box with s905w and 2gb ram

• My remote works but time reaction is really slow. Same slow behavior when using TV remote in CEC mode.

Name your Box/Remote to compare to others.

My TX3 Mini lags in receiving command presses. There is a delay.

Official Kodi Remote via my phone works perfect.

CEC is perfect with my Sharp TV Remote.

• I would appeal to post issues, related to IR remotes there, as well as "confirmed-to-be-working" solutions for the various boxes...

Maybe a better idea to eliminate confusion.

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

If kszaq decides to do another community based release then it will be the same, this is a LE9 change. If people create remote configurations and share them then they can be added to future builds for the benefit of all, the instructions are not rocketscience and I have tried to make them as easy to understand as possible.

Edited once, last by kostaman (February 15, 2018 at 7:19 AM).

• Will the remote of my beelink minimx III II ever work?

Hi,

I have generated a config file for my Beelink GT1 and GT1U remote. I think the ir codes are the same with the Mini MV III II. I have mapped a few keys to use it with Libreelec. Please take a look in the beelink_gt1 file.

1. systemctl stop kodi
    2. systemctl stop eventlircd
    3. copy the file "beelink_gt1" to "/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/" and "rc_maps.cfg" to "/storage/.config/"
    4. ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
    5. systemctl start eventlircd
    6. systemctl start kodi
  • That's your prerogative if you wish to stay with LE8.2, these builds are purely for testing and have never been marketed as final and so should be treated as such.

The IR changes are global across all Amlogic based devices for LE9.0 and they are an improvement because people should be able to use their Pioneer AV remote or any other remote if they want to, I knew this change would be troublesome for some users but I want to keep these builds as close to the official LE source as possible and not deviate from it.

LE8.2 development has stopped, all developers are now solely committing to LE9.0.

Yes

Thanks Adam for your usual helpful response. Yes I fully understand and of course as always support and respect your good work here.

I was just making a point here as these days there seems so may so called updates in so many walks of life that I find end up being downgrades and was worried this might end up the same way. Sure I fully understand these are early test releases only and you are right to comply with the new default system for remote mapping. I will try to adapt my really nice Beelink MXIII II remote.conf file I use in LE8 to this new mapping system when I get my head around it. The key allocations I currently have mapped and use with LE8 I find very user friendly with all keys on the Beelink remote being mapped for useful purposes. If I succeed when and if I get time to try, I will indeed post it wherever is appropriate here for the LE9 remote mapping files. I will also do the same for my TX7 box too. Just finding the time as retirement can be so busy hmm :)

• The latest 8.90.4 build is running great on my X96 Mini (S905W). I used the specific S905W DTB: gxl_p281_1g.dtb.

Only weird thing with these S905W boxes is still the deinterlacing. Some 1080i material via an TvHeadend server is showing weird artifacts (green/pinks lines) after a few seconds. For example look at this topic: X96 mini - green/pink lanes on picture

When setting this via SSH it is fixed 'echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all'

But if I understand correctly the Amlogic deinterlacing is turned off completely with this command? So it only is an workaround?

I don't really see any difference when watching interlaced material, maybe my TV is deinterlacing when bypass_all = 1? (on 1080p output?)

I can provide examples of problematic 1080i files, if someone wants to look into this problem?