[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I don´t know - it´s easy

See attached pic

Damn, mine only shows 1 decoder (see below). How to enable all like shown on your post?

Code
    LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.1 (S905.arm)
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap
    rgb,8bit
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

LibreELEC:~ #
  • Just download the .img.gz file to the /storage/.update directory on your device. The, do a 'sync' before a reboot and it will be automatically upgraded to your SD card (the storage where your LE previously installed) at the next boot.

He wants to update the Android firmware

• jirkan  Ftelf , what about the tempteratures and SD card you are using? Had similar issues randomly, and it was caused by SD card (used quite often recording), I'm on KII Pro using DVB-S as primary and DVB-C as fallback (built in tuner), additional USB DVB-T as an fallback of the fallback :) no issues with struttering now.

PS: using same provider as Ftelf for DVB-S

Installed on eMMC, timeshift on external HDD. I'm running this as primary DVB-S2 receiver for aver a year now. This problems started just after update to 8.2.2.1 or at least I did started to notice it just after that. I have swapped the stock heatsink with much larger one, attached small 10x10x7mm fan. CPU temp is never over 60degC.

• Damn, mine only shows 1 decoder (see below). How to enable all like shown on your post?

Code
    LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.1 (S905.arm)
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap
    rgb,8bit
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

LibreELEC:~ #

It depends on attached device and if it´s switched on or off

At my old FHD TV it shows ->

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.2 (S905.arm)

905X-AZ:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

444,8bit

422,8bit

rgb,8bit

Special case at my Sony TV

If TV is switched off ->

S912:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

rgb,8bit

If TV is switched on ->

S912:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

420,10bit

420,8bit

444,10bit

444,8bit

422,10bit

422,8bit

rgb,10bit

rgb,8bit

• Do not mess with the Audio channels. Leave them as default 2.0 because you are using Audio Passthrough using 2 Audio Data channels. Such audio data needs to be decoded by your AVR, not the AML LE device.

Read what the text talks about on the bottom of the Audio settings screen when you hover over that option.

Could you please confirm for me - I have an HDMI connection to my AVR from the KODI box using the ALSA HDMI device. I set the audio channels to 7.1 and enable passthrough plus all the options the receiver supports. Are you saying that the audio output channels should be set to 2.0?.

• Could you please confirm for me - I have an HDMI connection to my AVR from the KODI box using the ALSA HDMI device. I set the audio channels to 7.1 and enable passthrough plus all the options the receiver supports. Are you saying that the audio output channels should be set to 2.0?.

If you have movies with Multi CH PCM, ex. 7.1, and the audio output is set to 2.0, then there will be no 7.1 Multi CH PCM output in this case.

• The Coolest, 'Tim_Taylor':

When i set manuelly set 444 10bit then the outbut show this, but i will see what set the "auto detect"?

After setting 444,10bit, and changing refresh rate\resolution, my LG B7 switches into BT.2020 SDR, which looks terrible, so I don't understand why you want it so badly. In HDR content color looks fine whether you have 444,10bit enabled or not, in 8.2.2.2. The only problem I had was with color in HDR content being undersaturated on older versions of LE.

kszaq

Today I noticed sound crackles and video stutters in my IPTV live streaming (IPTV Simple Client). I'm using a Sunvell T95N 2G/8G box and have LE 8.2.2.2 on it. Never had a problem with LE7. I don't recall having this problem with 8.2.1.1, but I haven't used it that much before updating to the latest build.

The streams don't run out of buffer, but this problem still occurs. Is there any more data you need? (Sadly I can't provide a playlist, as it's a paid service)

• Could you please confirm for me - I have an HDMI connection to my AVR from the KODI box using the ALSA HDMI device. I set the audio channels to 7.1 and enable passthrough plus all the options the receiver supports. Are you saying that the audio output channels should be set to 2.0?.

You have to use Passthrough audio to get object based Atmos or DTS:X Audio metadata sent thru to your AVR.

If you set 7.1 audio channels in Kodi then you will get 7.1 multichannel lossless PCM audio output to an AVR and such object based audio metadata will be lost. Audio decoding is being done by Kodi not the AVR if you set 7.1

You have to set 2.0 Audio (data) channels to get ANY Kodi passthrough audio.

2.0 is the number if Audio DATA transport channels (over HDMI) NOT the number of speakers you physically have connected to an AVR.

(Please read the Kodi explanation text bottom of Kodi Audio setting screen)

I will repeat again leave the audio channels set as default at 2.0 for any Kodi Passthrough audio.

• I can get DTS HD MA, and Dolby TrueHD PT with 7.1 channel settings.

If you set it to 2.0 you will get 2 channels only when watching a PCM multichannel video.

If yout set it to 7.1 you get all the channels.

• I can get DTS HD MA, and Dolby TrueHD PT with 7.1 channel settings.

If you set it to 2.0 you will get 2 channels only when watching a PCM multichannel video.

If yout set it to 7.1 you get all the channels.

Also if you set 2.0 you can also select AC3 transkoding, so anything that can be wrapped into ac3 5.1 will also work;)

• The transcoded AC3 5.1 why better then the original PCM 5.1 or 7.1?

No, PCM is better, but PCM 5.1 wont be trancecoden anyway;) But if you have ACC 5.1 and settings to 2.0, ACC is pasthrough as Dolby Digital 5.1, if settings are not 2.0 it's sent as PCM 7.1(missing 2 channels), and this messes up the DTS-X / Dolby Digital upmix on 7.1 systems.

• Yeah I do realise that I could switch off the bits that don't work with the latest builds but we wouldn't have come this far if we'd all done that in the past eh? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yep a good point of course Poida. Just wont be a priority fix as you realise. Anyway the start of a new year and hope this year brings more good news and exciting developments for us all.. Hope you had a good New Year celebration. As to me I am now up and just recovering from the excesses :)

• Continuity counter error on TVHEADEND

I checked TVHeadend and it shows: Continuity counter error´s - so maybe problem with kernel? Does anybody found a solution for Continuity counter error?

• I have tried few months ago and there was problem with grabber. Kodi checker was not working correctly and led were all the time on even in menu. I guess I will give hyperion another try during Christmas.

hello

have you a solution found?

regard

• IC your point. Mine is a generic (MXQ Pro) Android TV Box with S905 CPU connected to an old analog TV through an HDMI2AVI adapter. That's why it just shows a single decoder. Many thanks.