[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• ello. I have KII Pro (s905) with latest kszaq´s libreelec (8.2.2.2).HTS Tvheadend 4.2.5 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.113.

In live TV there is every 5 - 8 minutes small lag (artefacts and sound distortion) for 1 - 2 seconds. I use dvb-s tuner.

Does anybody has similar issue?

K1 Pro Combo, using DVB-S and T2 internal tuner for more than a year now. Introducing with 8.2.1.2 (not sure exactly) but greatly magnified with latest 8.2.2.1 I got frequent artefacts, stuttering, fps decrease in live TV. After reboot, the TV plays very nicely, but after hour or so, it became to behave badly more and more frequently, every some tens of seconds the FPS decrease to about 2-5 FPS, video stuttering also occurs. Every few seconds the frame disassembles itself to mosaic of artefacts.

escmyq

vwjvddb

dpynjty

If I record the stream and plays it on PC, it plays just fine.

Nothing special in kodi.log. Only occasional:

20:34:56.452 T:3660608416 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

But I'm used to rebuffering every few minutes since beginning.

• I'm trying to get the latest 905x build up and running on my box (Bqeel 2GB/16GB M9C box) and when I have burned the latest build to a new SD card, I can't see the dtb file anywhere. Is it supposed to be in the default 905x download? If not, does anyone have enough experience with this box to recommend the correct dtb file? I've tried the one for 2GB, but box won't boot correctly/completely when I issue the 'update reboot' command.

I appreciate any help anyone might have!

-PGPfan

• 8.2.2.2a build for LePotato available at Index of /s905/8.2/8.2.2.2 with the following changes:

• added blue and green LED support via sysfs
    • optimized u-boot configuration: boots faster with no green screen
    • fixed HDMI options in boot.ini - to replace the file after an upgrade, do this: mount -o rw,remount /flash ; mv /flash/boot.ini.update /flash/boot.ini
  • Poida why not just disable the intro video, far easier

Yeah I do realise that I could switch off the bits that don't work with the latest builds but we wouldn't have come this far if we'd all done that in the past eh? Thanks for the suggestion though.

I can't imagine it would be that difficult for a dev to fix but, not being one, it takes me forever to read up on the programming / script lingo, compare code that deals with similar issues and then hack it about until it does what I want.

I like the intro screen so I'll be keeping it. It's been an included option for ages so it just seems wrong to have to just disregard it.

No, I'll just update manually until a proper fix is found. After all, I've only had auto update work ONCE in the progression of LE for these boxes so I won't really be missing out :D

I'm confident kszaq will attend to it eventually :thumbup:

• I gave my box enough time to download, but it didn't update on next boot, so I updated it manually

When you box rebooted, did the update start and fail with a "Archive corrupt" notice (or something similar) ?

The updates can be r e a l l y s l o w sometimes. I've had the update finish downloading and trigger the second prompt in about 2 minutes (the last update). But this update, after forcing the first prompt to appear (by switching back and forth between auto and manual updating), the download had not completed after 12 minutes. On reboot I got the above failed attempt, due to incomplete file I guess

• Hi have added this to S905W and all working good on Kodi 17.6 but cant get my receiver to show Dolby Atmos

soundtrack when playing atmos file Denon AVR-x2300 show multi in + dolby surround?

have set HdMI passthrough and sound settings to 7.1

Do not mess with the Audio channels. Leave them as default 2.0 because you are using Audio Passthrough using 2 Audio Data channels. Such audio data needs to be decoded by your AVR, not the AML LE device.

Read what the text talks about on the bottom of the Audio settings screen when you hover over that option.

• When you box rebooted, did the update start and fail with a "Archive corrupt" notice (or something similar) ?

The updates can be r e a l l y s l o w sometimes. I've had the update finish downloading and trigger the second prompt in about 2 minutes (the last update). But this update, after forcing the first prompt to appear (by switching back and forth between auto and manual updating), the download had not completed after 12 minutes. On reboot I got the above failed attempt, due to incomplete file I guess

I didn't see anything on the screen.

• @jirkan

skylink, I have old enigma system with card in the upper living room. This decoding problems were definitely not present in the 8.2.1.1 and older. It almost seems like broken vpu code. I'll check further, not sure if it is or not only FHD related.

Found a thread regarding live tv stutter. Live-TV stuttering since 8.1.9

Edited once, last by Ftelf (December 31, 2017 at 9:35 AM).

• Is it possible to set fixed 50 or 60 Hz at startup? Every time the system boots it looks for the refresh rate before the menu shows up. Tried all modes in settings (50, 59,9 and 60 Hz). That would speed up booting another few seconds.

One of my TV switches quite fast but the other one does it really long.

• @jirkan

skylink, I have old enigma system with card in the upper living room. This decoding problems were definitely not present in the 8.2.1.1 and older. It almost seems like broken vpu code. I'll check further, not sure if it is or not only FHD related.

Found a thread regarding live tv stutter. Live-TV stuttering since 8.1.9

jirkan  Ftelf , what about the tempteratures and SD card you are using? Had similar issues randomly, and it was caused by SD card (used quite often recording), I'm on KII Pro using DVB-S as primary and DVB-C as fallback (built in tuner), additional USB DVB-T as an fallback of the fallback :) no issues with struttering now.

PS: using same provider as Ftelf for DVB-S

• In this thread Afl1 wrote:

As I see in log pvr.dvblink didn't send fps. In release 8.1.9 was removed pts based frame rate tracking. You can fix it by setting frame rate fallback in pvr settings or you can use my test build with fix for 0 fps.

So I will try it.

• Did you wait until the download was finished before rebooting?

I gave my box enough time to download, but it didn't update on next boot, so I updated it manually

Yeah, my boxes run for 15 hours a day and then get off and reboot at the next morning. So, they must easily have had enough time to download/update, but that does not happen, I guess.

• Hi guys I know this is the wrong place but please could someone help, I have LE installed on SD card and would like to update the firmware on my box, what do i have to do to boot back up to LE after the firmware update without having to do a clean install thanks.

Just download the .img.gz file to the /storage/.update directory on your device. The, do a 'sync' before a reboot and it will be automatically upgraded to your SD card (the storage where your LE previously installed) at the next boot.