[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Can anyone share if they have issues when playing a 4K mkv with TrueHD/Atmos soundtrack ? My AVR is TRueHD compliant but if I enable it, the movie stutters. If I disable the TrueHD passthrough the movie plays just fine.

After hours of testing, I thought maybe the 905X box isn't powerfull enough for Atmos.

Any thoughts on that ?

I watch 4k movies with TrueHD audio in mkvs and even full UHD BDs but no problem at all.
    I'm using a USB3-Gigabit LAN adapter to watch it from a NAS.

No heating, no stutters.

• I'm running this build on an mxq pro 4k, s905 with realtek wifi, 1gb ram, 8gb flash. Running from sd card works fine. I wish to run LE from internal flash. After installtointernal everything seems to go well and i get no error messages. But after a reboot the box wont boot from internal flash (screen stays black). When i power off the device and insert the sd card it again boots LE fine. Is there anything i can try or do to get this box to boot from internal flash?

• I'm running this build on an mxq pro 4k, s905 with realtek wifi, 1gb ram, 8gb flash. Running from sd card works fine. I wish to run LE from internal flash. After installtointernal everything seems to go well and i get no error messages. But after a reboot the box wont boot from internal flash (screen stays black). When i power off the device and insert the sd card it again boots LE fine. Is there anything i can try or do to get this box to boot from internal flash?

given that your internal android is already overwritten, it does not hurt to run installtointernal again.

• given that your internal android is already overwritten, it does not hurt to run installtointernal again.

It tried it twice. I can boot le fine from sd card, ssh into in, installtointernal, looks allright, no errors, but the box refuses to boot from internal flash. Also when i boot le from sd card and then choose reboot from internal (and remove the sd card), the screen just stays black.

• Can anyone share if they have issues when playing a 4K mkv with TrueHD/Atmos soundtrack ? My AVR is TRueHD compliant but if I enable it, the movie stutters. If I disable the TrueHD passthrough the movie plays just fine.

After hours of testing, I thought maybe the 905X box isn't powerfull enough for Atmos.

Any thoughts on that ?

No idea what is going on with the Atmos Audio, but

Regarding " ...UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos.mkv"

It's not the Hardware being powerful enough, it that the Hardware actually has to support HDR and output the correct colorspace.

Have a look at the chart in the...

Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

And then realise the S905 does not support HDR. All HDR video played on the S905's will output washed out colors.

You need a S905X, S905D or S912.

• Thxs for all your inputs.

It's not really that the movie stutters, but it's like in slowmo

I'm using a 100mb Lan, and no Wi-Fi.

What bothers me is if I stop TrueHD Passthrough, my AVR receives AC3, so in theory that should be more demanding for the CPU as it has to decode the Atmos stream.

I'll try to open the case and see if that changes anything...

Another thought, could it be related to the HDMI cable that struggle to pass all the data ? It's an amazon basic HDMI 2.0 cable

• Hey, I have a Mini MX iii ii ethernet wired with the latest update working fine, except for buffering on all video addons with 720 and SD videos. Any suggestions to fix please?

TIA