[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Greetings,

Dear kszaq friend 8.1.3 is really excellent, super working on K1 Pro.

But in WP2 the image does not boot.
    I think the dtb.img file is wrong, I am happy to check it out.

Best regards...

I can't relate. Using this dtb my WP2 works like a charm. I don't know if there are multiple hardware revisions of WP2, but for all that matters I have one of the earliest boxes produced.

• I can't relate. Using this dtb my WP2 works like a charm. I don't know if there are multiple hardware revisions of WP2, but for all that matters I have one of the earliest boxes produced.

Greetings,

Very interesting, I'm waiting on the WeTek logo. It's not booting.

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards...

• kszaq

Had to try a new cheap box under $50 USD.

Chip S905D 1G/8G Android 6.0

With DVB-T2 Tuner.

Being an S905D Chip , I am asking whether the S905 Device trees are compatible.:?:

I don't believe The K1 Pro Device Tree will be compatible as it's a Nougat box.

Anyone else feel free to comment.:idea:

• Ah right, the kszaq images are 32 bit (or 64bit kernel with 32 bit userspace?)

But would it be better to go for 64bit?

32bit and 64bit images are from exact same code so they should behave identical

(unless some code is optimised to take advantage of 64bit, but I doubt that).

32bit is less resource hungry and certainly preferred if, for example, one has not much RAM.

32bit also has more addons.

In short: 32bit fits most people best.

• K1 Pro is S905D and Nougat. It should work.

• Greetings,

K1 Pro Pure Nougat.

HDR and 4K VP9 Codec are super working.

Also I regret to say that DTV Application is 10 times better and useful than WeTek WETV Application.

Best regards...

• It worked for me....Thx!

• Skipped frames playing 1080p HEVC.

One every few minutes.

Apart from that and some SMB problems everything works.

Still, the best is 7.0.3.012.

I still have hope you will update Jarvis with full nougat kernel. That would be awesome or maybe Leia will be better alternative in a few months.

I agree about 7.0.3.012 - for me version 7.0.3.012L provides perfect playback for both x264 and HEVC files at all of my frame rates (23.976p, 24p and 25p).

The only issue for me with LE 7 is the resume playback issue, where the resume point can be (in extreme case) about 7-10 seconds after the actual resume time. This was fixed in LE 8 (PR11713) (changelog from 8.0.0c - experimental: backport Kodi PR11713 - Search backwards for keyframe when resuming playback) .

It's a pity PR11713 could not be backported to LE 7 - then LE 7 would be perfect.

The only frame skipping for me on current LE 8 versions is with 25p encoded HEVC files. However, I have managed to find version 8.0.0c of LE that (so far) is providing perfect playback although it is quite an early LE 8 release. These 25p frame skips at the later LE 8 releases are unpredictable in their timing - sometimes (very rarely) playback can be more than 30 minutes before a skip occurs and if you replay the exact same file, the skip does not occur in the same place. The skips are more frequent and more noticeable with nougat kernel than with marshmallow, although the cause may be purely related to kodi changes - I don't know.

I too am hoping for Leia to provide better playback.

PS. I don't have any 4k content so cannot comment on how that performs on LE 7 and LE 8

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (August 8, 2017 at 10:40 PM).

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
    1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
    2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Unfortunately I have the wrong order held upgrade. I can now no longer upgrade (wrong image). In order to be able to upgrade from build 8.0 I need build the dtb value 8.0. Who can give me the parameters for the 8.0 build?

• I use the TVH server and the NEXBOX A95X

TVH saves 20 channels, the problem is that watching live tv at the same time, then the picture will stop and start stop and start

but the same thing odroid-c2 is all right

• The only frame skipping for me on current LE 8 versions is with 25p encoded HEVC files. However, I have managed to find version 8.0.0c of LE that (so far) is providing perfect playback although it is quite an early LE 8 release. These 25p frame skips at the later LE 8 releases are unpredictable in their timing - sometimes playback can be more than 30 minutes before a skip occurs and if you replay the exact same file, the skip does not occur in the same place.

Exactly. Just checked and it affects only 25 fps HEVC files.

• Is that a screenshot or camera photo?

I have s905x and s905d device, and 4k ss are all mess up.

• I have been using vnc fine on older 8.0.x versions.

Once upgraded to version 8.1.2 and onwards the VNC resolution has changed to minimal (360x288). I have not changed any setting on my VNC client (realVNC viewer).

I have tried Automatic scaling, fit to window scaling, high quality image, etc... all showing low resolution (360x288) even If I use very large window.

As if the VNC server on libreelec is transmitting a low resolution.

Has anyone else tried VNC on libreelec 8.1.2 or 8.1.3?

It is happening on both my boxes.