Posts by wistoha

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
    1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
    2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Unfortunately I have the wrong order held upgrade. I can now no longer upgrade (wrong image). In order to be able to upgrade from build 8.0 I need build the dtb value 8.0. Who can give me the parameters for the 8.0 build?

Omg. Just ran cpu-z. It tunes out to be a rockchip3066. Is this chip as good as the s905x or have I been scammed? It said s905x on the box AND during boot.

Now we know the chipset, can I install libreelec?

Thanks for all your help

Try this.

My box is the S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 k '.
    It took me a lot of time to the box flashing it. None of the mentioned possibilities on this forum worked in my case. The following steps brought luck.
    - Copy the image to SD with rufes.exe.
    - Copy the new dtb.img as prescribed. (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb)
    - But then the trick. Zip the ' aml_autoscript ' file from the SD and copy it to the SD card. (Leave the existing aml_autoscript).
    - Use the update app in andoid and update the zip file on the SD card.
    Voila, it works! Then went flashing as expected.
    (It boots first with the NEXBOX logo, the libreelec logo appears briefly after.)

Tribute to the creator of this product. It works great.
    My box is the S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 k '.
    It took me a lot of time to the box flashing it. None of the mentioned possibilities on this forum worked in my case. The following steps brought luck.
    - Copy the image to SD with rufes.exe.
    - Copy the new dtb.img as prescribed. (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb)
    - But then the trick. Zip the ' aml_autoscript ' file from the SD and copy it to the SD card. (Leave the existing aml_autoscript).
    - Use the update app in andoid and update the zip file on the SD card.
    Voila, it works! Then went flashing as expected.
    (It boots first with the NEXBOX logo, the libreelec logo appears briefly after.)
    The power-off button provides the complete shutdown (no lamp indication). With the android software, the box getting in standby mode (red indicator).
    That means that with the LE software enabling with the power button is not possible. I have read several posts on this subject. Is this the same problem as known by the known issue "Suspend does not work on most devices. Use power off. Power off is a default action or IR remote power button. "?
    Is there a workaround to the box with the LE software in the standby mode to get? Changing system settings in KODI does not work.
    Thanks.