Posts by theone

I have been using vnc fine on older 8.0.x versions.

Once upgraded to version 8.1.2 and onwards the VNC resolution has changed to minimal (360x288). I have not changed any setting on my VNC client (realVNC viewer).

I have tried Automatic scaling, fit to window scaling, high quality image, etc... all showing low resolution (360x288) even If I use very large window.

As if the VNC server on libreelec is transmitting a low resolution.

Has anyone else tried VNC on libreelec 8.1.2 or 8.1.3?

It is happening on both my boxes.

Try to remove (or temporarily rename) your Samba config file: /storage/.config/samba.conf

I removed the file and after boot all is OK. but....

I had the .kodi folder defined in the sambe.conf file so I took the samba.conf.sample file below (showing only [global] part:

and added the following at the end (after all other shared paths):

Code
    [kodi]
      path = /storage/.kodi
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes
      root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

After reboot the problem reappeared and the samba.conf [global] part now looks like this:

I see 2 main changes:

* new line: netbiso name = %h

* changed line: security = share instead of security = user

Why did it change and could this be the reason?

I upgraded to 8.1.2 (from 8.0.2e) and since then my SAMBA network name appears as "%H" (in windows) although the name in settings in LE is "LELIVING".

Also, when I try and access this share I get a request for username and password even though the SAMBA authentication settings in LE are disabled.

Does anyone else have this issue? how can I fix it?

My playback on .264 is so bad with stuttering and buffering on Beelink Mini MXIII II 2gb/16gb that I reverted back to 7.0.3 and it gone. I have two of those boxes and I left one with 8.01b to try and fix the issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

When you write "stuttering" what do you mean?

I am getting a "freeze" and slight "jump" during play of ~1 second every few tens of seconds sometime even more apart.