[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Just to confirm that everything is working like charm. Thank you kszaq.

Im using it on Nexbox a95x with s905 chip.

My library is on Qnap and connected over SMB.

No issues, smooth playback, everything is working as it should be.

• Khadas VIM Pro boot issue.

Hi kszaq, been watching these threads with interest, love your work.

Been using 8.0.2e no problems with theVIM but no luck upgrading to 8.1.x.

Seems to be the gxl_p212_2g_kvim.dtb which I downloaded for the new version

Turn on the device, get the Khadas boot screen then it switches off again automatically before any Libreelec splash.

Tried both 8.1.x normal and temp sensor disabled, boot from SD, no luck, same issue

Has anyone seen this?

• kszaq

I'm experiencing the rewind and skip back bug again (on Odroid C2). Sorry, I tested it a few times and it worked, but obviously with the wrong content or just dumb luck. It happens with fresh install of 8.0.2e, 8.1.1 and 8.1.2

Reproduction: Rewind a few minutes on a HD (AVC but with HEVC probably too) video and press play -> Video is stuck. Does not happen every time but very often, same applies for skipping backwards, but not as often.

The problem seems to be related to hardware-acceleration with amcodec, because it doesnt happen when disabled, so this is probably a tough or impossible fix. Anyway, I guess it should be known :)

I observed that this does not seem to happen with SD content even if I set the hardware acceleration for all codecs to always, but with hardware acceleration it takes a split second to buffer while it doesnt without. I would conclude that the resolution and buffering plays a role here.

• 8.1.2 build for testing: Index of /s905/8.2/8.1.2/

Changelog:

Hi Kszaq. Thanks for the new test build 8.1.2 but sadly the 3D probelm still remains unchanged it seems. Tried a few times and with different 3D content videos too but still hte same problems as reported before. All else look fine so far with the new test build. What an incredible job you are doign here.

• hI

I just booted up my odroid c2 with the following "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.2-C2" .

Kodi boots up fine.

When you release a new image, can I upgrade from within kodi or do I have to burn the new image over the current one?

What is the linux version that this image is build from?

I want to setup emby server. I know there is a kodi addon but it is not being updated very often.The official version from Emby is 3.2.26

Thanks a lot everyone

• Hi! I just switched from the Raybuntu image to 8.1.2. At first sight everything seemed to be working perfectly (except the known bug with hyperion), even the play-control buttons on my Panasonic TV-remote work now via CEC but with light comes dark and speaking of CEC, the C2 doesn't wake up anymore by switching to the HDMI channel on the TV/AV-Receiver. It powers down when I turn off the TV but doesn't come up again.

Anyone else with this problem?

Edited once, last by cozmo (July 27, 2017 at 7:59 PM).

• When you release a new image, can I upgrade from within kodi or do I have to burn the new image over the current one?

You can upgrade but not within Kodi. Please carefully read OP (including linked content) to see what to do.

What is the linux version that this image is build from?

It's the only available fully working Amlogic kernel: 3.14.29. Link to source code is always in OP.

8.1.2 Moonlight still crashes when trying to launch a game.

When anything is done to fix it, you will see it in the changelog. I've already updated Moonlight to the latest version and it still doesn't work.

• Hi,

Thank you for your work, you're a boss ;)

Just to be sure, I would like to upgrade from 8.0.2e (install to memory) to 8.1.1, if 8.0.2e is already installed to internal memory is it necessary to use nand device tree ?

Thank you !

• Hi Kszaq. Thanks for the new test build 8.1.2 but sadly the 3D probelm still remains unchanged it seems. Tried a few times and with different 3D content videos too but still hte same problems as reported before. All else look fine so far with the new test build. What an incredible job you are doign here.

I can confirm this, 3D autoswitching does not work correctly with v8.2_8.1.2 on my C2. It has worked one time in my tests , but I

couldn't catch it. Most times my TV is switched to a black screen and the Kodi-GUI does not respond any longer to my remote. The C2 has not crashed, I can login via ssh furthermore. With raybuntu's krypton15.3 build 3D switching is very reliable.

Beside the 3D I am very interested in the HDR/10bit issue. My 4K/10bit/BT.2020 MKV-files show very pale colors on my TV. Should @johngalt's patch resolve this? These files are created with Handbrakes h.265-10bit-encoder.

I am not sure if 'echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr' is sufficient to strengthen the colors.

I have also MKV-files, where MediInfo shows '8bit and BT.2020' (input files to Handbrake are 10bit/4:2:0 (Type 2), encoding with HBs h.265-encoder). Which value should I use with the echo-command?

My LG-TV does not show that it recognizes a HDR-file. If I play the files via a USB-disk connected directly to a HDMI-port of my TV, the

TV says 'HDR input recognized'. That is not the case when the files are played with Kodi/C2 to the same HDMI-port..

Thanks for any advice!

• Just to be sure, I would like to upgrade from 8.0.2e (install to memory) to 8.1.1, if 8.0.2e is already installed to internal memory is it necessary to use nand device tree ?

You have to use a device tree while upgrading, choose a one with the same name you did for 8.0.x.

With raybuntu's krypton15.3 build 3D switching is very reliable.

And so it is with my 8.0.2e build. The issue is with Nougat kernel. I repeat once again: I don't have 3D equipment, I can only guess which part of the code is responsible for crashes. If you need reliable 3D switching, please use other builds until the issue is resolved in Nougat kernel builds.

I have also MKV-files, where MediInfo shows '8bit and BT.2020' (input files to Handbrake are 10bit/4:2:0 (Type 2), encoding with HBs h.265-encoder). Which value should I use with the echo-command?

Please refer to this thread for HDR-related discussion: [TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion