[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Well, for the first time ever I'm bricked. X96 2G box update as usual to 8.1.1 from 8.1.0. Black screen, no hdmi output signal, no network, etc. Toothpick method not working either. Sigh.

• Well, for the first time ever I'm bricked. X96 2G box update as usual to 8.1.1 from 8.1.0. Black screen, no hdmi output signal, no network, etc. Toothpick method not working either. Sigh.

Did you try connecting to a Windows computer with the OTG port, yet?

• Not yet. Major pain because the only windows install I have is via Virtualbox and I haven't used it in forever plus I have to dig up my OTG cable. Hopefully I can reflash the firmware and get the bootloader working again.

This is too weird. Upgrade proceeded as usual with no errors.

• Hopefully I can reflash the firmware and get the bootloader working again.

Original Device Tree and Recovery Image from Android ?

Then Toothpick into recovery ?

Sorry If I'm just covering what you may already know.

just updated my x96 1G box from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1, works fine so far

• What's the proper way of upgrading on SD/USB?

Do I have to change the device tree first? I mean - will it boot with new device tree (8.1.1) but old version of Libreelec (8.0.1e)?

Or just update libreelec first, shutdown and then change img file on a PC?

Which way is more accurate?

• Not yet. Major pain because the only windows install I have is via Virtualbox and I haven't used it in forever plus I have to dig up my OTG cable. Hopefully I can reflash the firmware and get the bootloader working again.

This is too weird. Upgrade proceeded as usual with no errors.

Sorry if you had already found the solution, it happened to me when i upgraded to 8.1.1 and got a black screen but i missed copying the dtb files from the device tree and everything works after i copy the respective dtb file from the device tree, hope it works for you as well

• Sorry for asking, but:

How to update from 8.0.2e when installed to NAND?

Because dtb is not updated when putting tar to update folder or will dtb updated as well, when putting tar to update folder?

• This does not resolve the hyperion bug, video still lags after 30ish minutes. In a 2 hour movie I saw this occur 4 or 5 times.

This error is very stupid. You can't show any movie correctly with Hyperion. I have this error also with my Odroid-C2 and my cheap 905x Box.

• Named as dtb.img or .dtb ? Could you update that in the OP, please, as someone may look for that info as well.

Dont need to rename anything.

Just put the files on update folder like that.

For exemple:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.1.tar
    gxl_p212_2g.dtb

• Thanks Kszaq for your excellent work as always!

Anybody tried playback and, more importantly channel switchtimes for Live-TV in this build?

I am still running 7.0.3.12j version as this does the job for livetv and switching channels perfectly. Still waiting for a Krypton build that doesn't take forever to change the channel (especially noticable with HD streams, sometimes it takes as long as 30-40 secs).

Regards,

Atreyu

Should still be able to boot from SD/USB, mine had no hdmi output or boot logo etc. Plugged in a USB and waited about a minute and then proceeded to use the SSH commands

• Could you update that in the OP, please, as someone may look for that info as well.

There is a bold Read this first link to a sticky post that includes that information. How much more shall I emphasize this?

I am still running 7.0.3.12j version as this does the job for livetv and switching channels perfectly. Still waiting for a Krypton build that doesn't take forever to change the channel (especially noticable with HD streams, sometimes it takes as long as 30-40 secs).

I'm afraid you won't get decent channel switching times in Krypton. The best so far is @afl1's build but I don't want to include his patches as they look too hacky for me. On the other hand, Leia is reported to be excellent in channel switching.

• kszaq, yes in Leia channel changing is little bit improved (I am using GDPR-1 Leia builds on play2) but there is also bad bug/feature for tvheadend which cause double buffering on some channels (first after change on that channel we hear only audio and after few seconds it buffer again and there is video synchronized with audio). As GDPR-1 wrote on wetek forum after analyze my log:

So hope it will be fixed soon or improved