[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Used the correct dtb file and it failed to boot after update, booted from usb and used the SSH commands with the same dtb then it booted fine from internal.

Previous versions was 8.0.2e.

• I just also upgraded from 8.0.2e in an s905x box, no problems. But i noticed before upgrading the libreelec menu>system is not displaying anything there is an error in the debug log for this. After the upgrade is not working either. Shall i create a new thread for this ?

edit: no problem, it was a custom update channel entry, after deleting the xml settings, the menu came back.

Edited once, last by subzero79 (July 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM).

• Hi Kszaq: from custom update channel your recent builds are not visible. soon after entering the address and refreshing brings the blank screen. and there is no way to see the option and finally update !

can you have a look at it and if possible rectify it.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful work.

• Hi Kszaq, and all

i've noticed with latest 8.1.0 on S905 mini-mx 1GB that even when cpu cores are idling or <10-15% I get 75/80 C of temperature readings.

It gets really hot.

is it normal?

thanks for your work.

• Plays x265 (Hi10) video that was never playable for me before without massive stuttering just fine. Seems a bit faster in the menus too.
    But with this kernel, it somehow still does not play pseudo's encodes. I can't seem to find any causal link as to why, but 8.0.2e plays it, while this build only plays the very first video frame while the audio keeps playing as usual. Upon seeking in the video, still only shows that very first frame, but audio cuts out. This is all 720p x265 encoded content, and IIRC, only 8-bit.
    It's a shame. I'm really liking a lot of the improvements, but I'm reverting until this is fixed.

As always, thanks for your time and effort. :)

• There's a new way of setting it, but it's broken in the current build (and I broke it). Once kszaq reverts aml/video_dev: updates for nougat: · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@c89478b · GitHub for the next build, you'll be able to run the following for forcing RGB out:

echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

If you don't have anything in autostart.sh yet, you'll be able to run the following to set it on boot:

echo "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" > autostart.sh

That's still not working in the new build, if I'm not mistaken

• That's still not working in the new build, if I'm not mistaken

It should work in 8.1.1, commit has been reverted as advised by johngalt.

But with this kernel, it somehow still does not play pseudo's encodes.

What is "pseudo's encodes"? Let me repeat 100th time: any video playback issue has to be backed by a sample.

i've noticed with latest 8.1.0 on S905 mini-mx 1GB that even when cpu cores are idling or <10-15% I get 75/80 C of temperature readings.

It gets really hot.

is it normal?

It's normal if your box has bad cooling. This is unfortunately common with cheap boxes.

• Plays x265 (Hi10) video that was never playable for me before without massive stuttering just fine. Seems a bit faster in the menus too.
    But with this kernel, it somehow still does not play pseudo's encodes. I can't seem to find any causal link as to why, but 8.0.2e plays it, while this build only plays the very first video frame while the audio keeps playing as usual. Upon seeking in the video, still only shows that very first frame, but audio cuts out. This is all 720p x265 encoded content, and IIRC, only 8-bit.
    It's a shame. I'm really liking a lot of the improvements, but I'm reverting until this is fixed.

As always, thanks for your time and effort. :)

i quickly tried dragon ball 99 pseudo and it works ok

• Quote from Kszaq
    • removed amvideocap and stmmac kmsg spam

This does not resolve the hyperion bug, video still lags after 30ish minutes. In a 2 hour movie I saw this occur 4 or 5 times.