[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I'm a bit lost in this thread: Just updated to this version and I see the remote (the original Minix or Harmony Elite) doesn't work any more - is that expected? If yes, any way to fix this? Can anyone help?

Anyone?

Mainly, trying to figure out which version to use for a better 10-bit 4k playback and any idea how to fix the remote control?

-S

• Anyone?

Mainly, trying to figure out which version to use for a better 10-bit 4k playback and any idea how to fix the remote control?

-S

I think you have installed a modified version to fix a silence issue.

I suggest you get the last build for this from kszaq from [8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

Then, if that still doesn't do what you want you could try reading this [8.90.5] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

but that uses a different way for remotes to work

• Then I upgraded to LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-Chroma-422.img.gz (by wrxtasy) for better 4k 10-bit payback, which giving me issues with remote control. I did try putting a remote.conf as well, but no joy. Are you saying that remote cannot be fixed with that version?

All these test builds from wrxtasy are not lirc compatible, that means all the IR - remote control doesn't work.

See here!

You have to use a wifi keyboard or wifi remote control!

Paul

• wrxtasy

Regarding the "720p issue": I just compiled 8.90.5 from adamg who is using this new kernel now. It has the same issues with 720p videos. Are you using the same kernel?

How can I help to track this issue down?

• wrxtasy My new premium certified hdmi cable came today, tested it and it’s working perfectly! Thanks again it’s actually made quite a noticeable difference in picture quality and the tv now detects it as 10bit hdr on the display info! The cable I bought for reference is a Omars 2.0b 21gbps premium certified cable and was a bargain really at £9 for a 2 meter cable.. the cable I was using before was also supposed to be hdmi 2.0b but wasn’t certified and gave me a black screen- hopefully anybody else with the same problem while trying to output 4:4:4 can fix it with a certified cable

• wrxtasy, tested this new 'test' version and I get no audio w/PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1 and AAC. With your last one, there is audio, but it sounds off... like background/surround only coming through w/o the fronts/dialogue.

Update: Getting no audio at all, and passthru options in settings are gone.

Edited once, last by hdmkv (March 20, 2018 at 11:15 PM).

• Yes there are a bunch of issues with the new LE Kernel it seems. It was expected this early in the development cycle.

If we identify and fix the 4:2:2 green screen bug I will likely revert back to the old kszaq Kernel for a while that had a more stable setup.

Wizzi07 glad your got your HDMI cable issues sorted.

• wrxtasy

I made a patch for the old kernel in order to get rid of flickering/noise which is now fully functional. The formerly linked from Sam's OSMC github you linked was not complete, so I made a new one (see attachement).

This patch also includes the new debug options (dither/round/REC709/BT2020) developed by Sam. Round for avoiding banding on S905(x) and REC709/BT2020 in order to use KodiGUI in 4k. Both needs some (not yet finished) changes to the Kodi code in order to work.

I tried to fix the green issues with e.g. 422-10Bit but was not yet succesfull. Will try some more changes later.

linux-000_AntiFlickerBanding_AMLogic.zip

• I have a big problem with subtitles stutters with kszaq 8.2.2.3 and wrxtasy chroma 422 with enabled new features, and 8.90.5

Look at this video Libreelec subtitles stutters - YouTube

Without amcodec acceleration everything is OK! but cpu is to slow for software 4k decoding

I`m using

echo '422,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

Player > Video >

Adjust display refresh rate > Start/stop

Sync Playback to Display > Off

EDIT:

There is no subtitle stutters with enabled playerdebug (ctrl+shift+o)

Maybe its a hint to fix this? Tested with 8.90.5 and 8.2.2.3

Edited 3 times, last by Pinki (March 19, 2018 at 11:50 PM).

• I posted this in the other "Chose S9xx" thread but recieved no reply. Perhaps this is a more suitable place to post. Any comments? A lot of sellers are claiming gigabit LAN on this latest DDR4 generation of S912 devices. I'm trying to figure out if the sellers are telling fibs or the gigabit device tree's aren't working for some reason. Any tips?

Hi Gents,

Funnily enough wrxtasy thats basically what I have ended up opting for. In addition to what you said below, in Australia at least, the streaming app support situation for anything other than Apple TV and Telstra TV (Roku) is a joke.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a Mecool M8S Pro (DDR4 version) off ebay from an Australian "ish" seller. The tech specs claimed it included Gbit LAN and I even wrote them to double check. However after flashing and loading up 8.2.2.3 with the device tree including gbit drivers no eth0 was to be found. My question is this: is there some way (bar pulling the lid of the thing - I may decide to return it) to query whether there is in-fact a GMAC chip onboard? I loaded up the 100 Mbit device tree and it seems to be working. My understanding is that that device tree simply enables the S912 onboard ethernet and therefore isn't a conclusive proof that they are telling a fib.

Otherwise the box is working fantastic. HDMI-CEC, H265 etc are all working a dream. Highly recommended.

Cheers

PS already tried lshw, nothing particularly informative came up

• Ok, further digging and it seems that the device does infact include hard ware supporting gigabit lan.

Looking deeper into /sys/dev

c9410000.ethernet has a modalias property of Camlogic, _gxbb-rgmii-dwmac. Reading networking - Clarification on Ethernet, MII, SGMII, RGMII and PHY - Stack Overflow

rgmii stands for reduced gigabit media interface.

Further google-fu indicates that c941000.ethernet is gbit:

"
    Arch Linux 4.11.0-rc1-1-ARCH (ttyAML0)

alarm login: [   11.389324] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

"

Another piece of the puzzle is that I find the following using gbit build trees:

[ 0.555597@0] eth0: No PHY found

Obviously, no issue when using 100mbit bt.

I'm a tad out of depth but would someone more knowledgeable in this area chime in? Assuming it is a build tree issue, is there a possibility of getting a tree made for the new 1gbit Lan DDR4 S912 boxes that have hit the market in the last few months.

Thanks for all the help guys.

• Unless something has changed I do not believe any of the M8S Pro's have a Gigabit Ethernet Chip but Fast LAN only aka 100Mbit

This is what a Gigabit equipped C2 shows:

c2LibreELEC:~ # ethtool eth0 | grep Speed

Speed: 1000Mb/s