[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• For those S912 users that have had 4K HDR Green Screen playback issues when setting a 422,10bit or 422,12bit Chroma and color depth I've been playing around with @kszaq's LE 8.2.x S912 code (thx mate !), and plugged the newer, improved LE linux-amlogic Kernel into it. The one that is also used for alpha versions of AML LE Kodi Leia 8.9.x that GDPR-2 is releasing.

Note: there will be no ongoing support due to LE Kodi Krypton reaching stable status.

Be aware existing IR remotes have been reported cease functioning with this Kernel. I use a USB Wireless dongle - MINIX A2 lite remote.

There are also slight video playback juddering problems when watching Interlaced TV with this newer Kernel.

MEGA

You can follow the discussion over on the Kodi forum if interested, where you will also find a S912 LE 8.2.x .img.gz update to drop into the update folder:

Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware

Some useful info here for 422 4K HDR testing (before very first video playback):

echo '422,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

echo '422,12bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

To permanently set on LE device bootup:

echo "echo '422,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Want to see the what your HDMI connected display is capable of:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

For those feeling adventurous, you can ramp up the GPU clock to 792MHz for a bit more GUI snappiness, however chipset temps will increase quite a bit and may overheat and crash S912 devices.

In reality you need good Chipset cooling like the MINIX U1/U9 has:

echo 2 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode

Current GPU clock Frequency:

cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

• Beat me to it kszaq, I'm not happy with the current LE kernel there is still some issues with frames dropping hence I'm still using the older kernel, wrxtasy you may want to look at backporting this patch for your builds, it removes the need to do the above commands and reduces the complexity of changing the colour space for users.

• Thx. A

Just what i was looking for that patch.

What I have noticed, watching Olympics Ice Hockey that has lots of left right camera movement, is if you use a Performance CPU Govnr you will get mini video playback pauses with this new Kernel and the old Kernel on the S912.

• Do you use the DTBs of LE 8.2 of kzasq or those of LE 9 of adamg?

• Beat me to it kszaq, I'm not happy with the current LE kernel there is still some issues with frames dropping hence I'm still using the older kernel, wrxtasy you may want to look at backporting this patch for your builds, it removes the need to do the above commands and reduces the complexity of changing the colour space for users.

GDPR-2 , please add this settings too

[8.90.4] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• We are in a LE 8.2.x thread, so you use the .dtb's of LE 8.2

There is a device_tree directory in the .img.gz that once flashed will show up too.

I asked him more than anything, in case he used meson-ir, instead of amremote. But good question solved.

Edit: The remote does not work for me. I've already tried putting the remote.conf (the same one that I use in the kzasq) and nothing.

Edited once, last by mega-samu (February 22, 2018 at 10:50 AM).

• I just looked at the new Kernel and it appears AMLogic have stupidly Hardcoded some IR Keymaps into the actual Kernel:

History for drivers/amlogic/input/remote/Kconfig - LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

I will either have to revert what they have done - or someone will have to tell me what LE 9.0 is using, maybe its this:

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

And also enabling Lirc in LE settings.

I use a Plug N Play - MINIX A2 lite Wireless remote to bypass all this nonsense.

• the A2 remote also uses IR to control power, LE9 is using ir-keytable you just have to update your DTB

• Thx. A

Just what i was looking for that patch.

What I have noticed, watching Olympics Ice Hockey that has lots of left right camera movement, is if you use a Performance CPU Govnr you will get mini video playback pauses with this new Kernel and the old Kernel on the S912.

I am going to make a patch to select CPU governor in video settings for my next release :)

• mega-samu here are the S912 device trees that LE 9.0 uses with the new LE AML Kernel, maybe one of those will work with the remote:

MEGA

As I said I do not use any IR remote so cannot be of much help at the moment.

Wizzi07 always do a LE settings .tar backup first of your existing setup and save externally to a PC. Update by dropping .img.gz into the normal Update folder.

I would not link to those wrxtasy as the partition layout is different with the LE9 kernel, if anybody uses installtointernal with them it will cause issues, there is no publically available LE9 image with the LE9 kernel.

The 8.2 ones by kszaq should be used, flashing any future LE9 builds will then automatically update the DTB as this is done in update.sh

• I would not link to those wrxtasy as the partition layout is different with the LE9 kernel, if anybody uses installtointernal with them it will cause issues,

Yes I will remove the link. Thx for the headsup.

I never recommend Installing to Internal anyway, the risks are too high for Newbies. Better to copy LE data partition and just use the USB stick/SD card for LE device bootup.

• say please

how to increase speed CPU and GPU mecool kiii pro?

and how then to return to normal?

Thank you