remote.conf repository

• I have a W95 (AZW/Beelink) S905w box that I'm dual booting from SD card into LibreElec 8.2.3.1. My remote is the same as in post #159 (see below for picture). My remote mostly works in LibreElec except for the colored media, mouse toggle, skip forward/reverse, and 1/a (number/text) buttons. I use a MX3 (non-IR) remote for heavy maneuvering but my goal is to use my XSight Touch universal learning remote (similar features to a Logitech remote) most of the time. Normally, I can find remote upgrades in the JP1 forum but I haven't found any that work with this box. So, the more buttons I can get working from the factory remote the more I can use my universal remote.

I've tried several of the remote.conf files posted here but they either have no effect or work worse.

I assume I'm going to be directed to the create remote file from scratch thread but I thought I'd ask if there is an easier path before I go through that learning curve.

I've opened the remote.conf file from the Android OS. It has 2 factory codes in it for 2 different custom sections, 0xff000001 and and 0x7f800001. These are proceeded by factory_infcode = 0 and factory_infcode = 1 respectively.

Any tips on how I should proceed from here to get as many buttons as possible working on my universal remote?

Also, the power button works but are there any work-arounds for discrete on/off? I'm OK letting the box time out for going into suspend but it would be nice to have a discrete on. HDMI-CEC partially works when I'm booted into the Android OS but it doesn't seem to work in LibreElec/Kodi.

Thanks

Edited once, last by RKCRLR (March 12, 2018 at 1:04 AM).

• Enybox X1. I used the X96 config file shared on here by redger. I pasted it in my main folder, and made a storage/config folder that did not exist, and pasted it there as well. It worked immediately without any changes needed.

This also worked well for my Mxq pro g9cx Ott box. The remote is identical so thanks for posting your photo or i wouldn't have tried it. Works like a dream dragging and dropping to replace the old one on my sd card. Saved me loads of time really grateful. :)

• mxq_pro_4k_tv_box_android_7.1_kodi_17.3_amlogic_s905w_wifi_lan_zp3020840621566_4_11.jpg

I have this setup with 1gb ram. The controller wont work in libreelec with any of the four files given by the mxqproject website. Anyone have a working conf file for this controller? I looked in android 7.1 and there is no controller.conf file where it is supposed to be, so I cant manually copy it into librelec via ssh. The contr

oller does in fact work in android 7.1 (that came with the box). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I have this setup with 1gb ram. The controller wont work in libreelec with any of the four files given by the mxqproject website. Anyone have a working conf file for this controller? I looked in android 7.1 and there is no controller.conf file where it is supposed to be, so I cant manually copy it into librelec via ssh. The controller does in fact work in android 7.1 (that came with the box). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check here:

how to get to my android files (remote.conf) ?

Remote control basics

Edited once, last by Teppopups (May 5, 2018 at 9:23 PM).

• 3427-x96-remote-png

Anyone having this guy or could help? It is from X96 tv box, but not the one in here (the second and third rows are different). I only found mapping for LE 8.90.6, and I am failing to create my own remote.conf. I have exactly the same problem as in here. Basically, I just need the power button, second row, back, up, down, left, right and OK buttons. Using the x96 configuration from #4, the second row is not responding (except for stop button). Any suggestion? Thank you!

• Brand: Xgody

Model: M96X-II Mini

I saw your remote and it looks exactly like mine for the R-BOX Pro. replaced the config file and now I got a working remote to get through the LIbreELEC and KODI initial setup!

THanks a bunch!

edit: Apparently the power button powers my Epson projector too. LOL.

Edited once, last by King Kong (August 6, 2018 at 5:04 AM).

• Having a frustrating time with my Beelink MXIII Plus. I'm running Demetris's S812 8.2.2 and I cannot get the remote to work. I got the remote.conf from Android that was on the box and working OK. I put it onto the LE SD and flashed the build which loaded fine. Remote does not work. I then put remote.conf into the config folder and rebooted - remote doesn't work. I looked in Winscp and the remote.conf is in both the /flash and config folders and then checked them in Notepad++ and the remote.confs are the same. I also tried the remote for the Beelink Mini MX and it didn't work (remote is the same model and the scheme in Notepad++ is the same).

Got this semi-resolved. On the Beelink MXIII Plus the MXIII-G remote worked for Libreelec, but not when Android was running. The Beelink remote worked fine when Android was running.

So I tested both remotes on my MXIII-G and strangely the MXIII-G remote no longer worked and the Beelink remote did when running LE. I don't know how, but it appears that the remote.conf files somehow got swapped when flashing. Guess I could switch them back to test, but I don't think I will mess with this. Might try with a Demitris update and see what happens.

Edited 2 times, last by doggyofone (August 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM).

• #

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

#

# This file can be used with Open/LibreElec for the configuration of a factory

# remote control for: T95x, QBOX, NEXBOX and possible other brands of

# Smart Android Tv Boxes using the Amlogic U2C remote controller

#

# Location of remote.conf: root of the Open/LibreElec startup disk (USB, MC, NaND)

#

# factory_code each device has it's unique factory code.

# pattern: custom_code(16bit) + index_code(16bit)

# examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom_code) + 0001(index_code)

#

# work_mode

# 0 : software mode

# 1 : hardware mode

#

# repeat_enable

# 0 : disable repeat

# 1 : enable repeat

#

# release_delay unit: ms

# release will report from kernel to user layer after this period

# of time from press or repeat triggered.

#

# debug_enable
    # 0 : debug disable

# 1 : debug enable

#

# SW MODE:

#

# bit_count how many bits in each frame

# tw_leader_act time window for leader active

# tw_bit0 time window for bit0 time.

# tw_bit1 time window for bit1 time

# tw_repeat_leader time window for repeat leader

#

# REG:

#

# reg_base_gen set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN

# reg_control set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL

# reg_leader_act set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE

# reg_leader_idle set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE

# reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE

# reg_bit0_time set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME

#

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

#

# KEY ASSIGNMENT FORMAT:

#

# KEY ACTION #COMMENT

#

# 0x00 000 #EXAMPLE

#

# ORIGINAL:

#

# 0x5f 45 #X-STOP (K-SQUARE)

#

# ADJUSTED:

#

# 0x5f 113 #MUTE (K-SQUARE)

#

#

# Amlogic U2C remote (Blue OK button and TV controls, red power button).

#

factory_code = 0xdf000001

work_mode = 0

repeat_enable = 1

repeat_delay = 40

repeat_period = 39

release_delay = 121

debug_enable = 1

#

fn_key_scancode = 0x03 #MOUSE

left_key_scancode = 0x47 #LEFT

right_key_scancode = 0x07 #RIGHT

up_key_scancode = 0x1a #UP

down_key_scancode = 0x48 #DOWN

ok_key_scancode = 0x06 #OK

#

mouse_begin

#

0 0x47 #LEFT

1 0x07 #RIGHT

2 0x1a #UP

3 0x48 #DOWN3

#

mouse_end

#

key_begin

#

0x1c 31 #S-POWERMENU (POWER)

0x01 164 #PLAYPAUSE (TV)

0x5f 113 #MUTE (KBUTTON)

0x4b 168 #REWIND (|<<)

0x4f 208 #FASTFORWARD (>>|)

#

0x47 105 #LEFT

0x07 106 #RIGHT

0x1a 103 #UP

0x48 108 #DOWN

0x06 28 #ENTER (OK)

#

0x42 102 #HOME (HOUSE)

0x0a 14 #BACKSPACE (BACK ARROW)

0x18 46 #CONTEXTMENU (DOCUMENT)

#

0x0c 11 #KEY No.0

0x54 2 #KEY No.1

0x16 3 #KEY No.2

0x15 4 #KEY No.3

0x50 5 #KEY No.4

0x12 6 #KEY No.5

0x11 7 #KEY No.6

0x4c 8 #KEY No.7

0x0e 9 #KEY No.8

0x0d 10 #KEY No.9

#

0x10 24 #O-CODEC INFO (BACKSPACE)

0x41 23 #INFO (GLOBE)

#

0x5c 114 #VOLUMEDOWN (VOL-)

0x5d 115 #VOLUMEUP (VOL+)

#

repeat_key_begin

#

0x47 105 #LEFT

0x07 106 #RIGHT

0x1a 103 #UP

0x48 108 #DOWN

0x5d 104 #PAGEUP (VOL+)

0x5c 109 #PAGEDOWN (VOL-)

#

repeat_key_end

#

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

# #

## ##

### 0x52 nn #MOUSE (!!! NEVER !!! use this line, this key is mapped in fn_key_scancode) ###

## ##

# #

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

#

# UNASSIGNED

#

# 0x5f 45 #X-STOP (THUMBS UP)

#

# 0x4d 113 #MUTE

# 0x09 364 #FAVORITES

# 0x42 102 #HOME

# 0x0a 14 #BACK

# 0x4f 171 #CONFIG

#

# 0x09 398 #RED

# 0x11 399 #GREEN

# 0x54 400 #YELLOW

# 0x4f 401 #BLUE

#

# 0x5d 104 #PAGEUP

# 0x5c 109 #PAGEDOWN

#

key_end

#

#

A95X_Remote_Blue.zip

Edited once, last by Ygdrassil: changed repeat_peroid to repeat_period. nobody ever complained. (May 28, 2021 at 12:45 AM).

• Hello guys. I think my changes into remote.conf does not apply and my box is rely on the map which is specified in device tree. (actually mesongxl.dtsi file has a key map).

How can I force the box to use remote.conf at compile time? (I have a full SDK get from khadas github)