Posts by Zodler

I am using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img. I want to thank you very much for this version. It is solid and it finally works with USB DACs connected to my Minix_Neo U9-H. Your previous version didn't work.

With LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img when I connected my FiiO DAC to the USB of NEO U9, LibreELEC didn't output sound through the USB DAC.

I have LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img.gz on Minix U9-H and LG OLED TV.

When there is high framerate I have some stutter. At 30fps or lower everything is great. When I play 50 or 59.94fps, I get stutters sometimes. They are normal 720p AVC files. The same files play smoothly on Kodi nVidia Shield. The strange thing is that the stutters are not random but always exactly at the same points.

Anyone has problems with 50 - 59.94 fps videos?

The difference is how they support it. S905D/X internally convert 10-bit to 8-bit for processing. S912 processes 10-bit. Future devices like S905D2/X2 and S922 process at 10-bit. Most users who obsess over the whole 8-bit/10-bit thing won't be able to tell the difference. More users will just be happy the HDR mode triggered on the TV and they can point at the brighter screen and tell their wives it was in HDR and looks so much better (and thus the purchase of the new UHD HDR TV was justified) :)

That begs the question, what's the difference between S905D2/X2 and S922!

Question, the file I made

Code
    1. evdev:input:b0003v0C40p7A1Ce0110*
    2. KEYBOARD_KEY_070070=171 # settings
    3. KEYBOARD_KEY_0700bb=23 # tabs #I (Info)
    4. KEYBOARD_KEY_070065=46 # menu #C
    5. KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0224=esc # back
    6. KEYBOARD_KEY_070073=113 # mic #MUTE
    7. KEYBOARD_KEY_07003a=50 # apps #M Player controls (OSD)
    8. KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b6=168 #<< REWIND
    9. KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b5=208 #>> FORWARD

for the line

Code
    1. KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0224=esc # back

I have to put "esc". If I put the number "1" the line doesn't work. Why is that? "1" is the same code as "esc" and it does the same thing. For some reason all the other 7 codes I put work, except code "1"!

Thank you for the information.

I also have one bizarre necessity. I have an OLED LG and it has a major flaw. The optical TV output has audio drops when it is playing from Kodi. So, for not having audio drops I have to connect the audio directly from the Kodi box to the optical in of my soundbar. That's how I use my Minix NEO U9-H and why it's a necessity.

Kaby Lake NUC has no audio optical out?

I'm surprised by the link. So, is it correct to say that if a NUC video output is HDMI 2.0a, it does not necessarily mean it supports HDR? Why Gemini Lake can't get it? I always thought HDMI 2.0a means it can support HDR. Minix NEO U9-H outputs HDMI 2.0.

This is all about if the hardware can support it. The OS and software is not important, I can wait. I want to know if I buy an Intel NUC today, I will be able in a near future to play all things that Minix NEO U9-H can.

I want HDR and H265 10bit hardware acceleration, auto resolution switching in Intel NUC hardware.

This test will be a big step forward and I'm hoping that when those 2 files don't exist, it stops registering under Keymap Editor. Then we know exactly what we have to do.

If you did the test and if the SETTING button stopped registering under Keymap Editor, please copy just the hwdb file first and see if that makes it work again. That way we can pinpoint the file.