Posts by RKCRLR

I think I got it. I used the "systemct1 disable storage" command to dismount the drive.

I then followed the instructions. However, the box hung during copying the files over. it got to copying picons. I was unable to give the "umount /tmp/data" command. I pulled the plug and rebooted the box. The box rebooted normally.

It seems to be working OK.

Is there a way to make sure everything went OK? It does seem snappier but it just may be a placebo effect.

Thanks

Thanks. I took a look at that. In fact I started setting it up but didn't finish because I wasn't sure it would work for me.

I just have a MX3 remote that has a microphone and a button I push to give commands. It works on the box when I've booted into Android instead of LibreELEC.

Will I be able to use the voice function MX3 remote in LibreELEC without any other equipment running?

Thanks

Initially I thought voice control was a gimmick but after using it in Dish to search for programs I find it quite useful. I understand Kodi 18 will have voice control.

Will voice control work in LibreELEC or will Kodi need to be run as an app in Android for it to work?

Thanks

These appear to be the same rules as I see in the Kodi interface. The problem is I can't figure out which rule to apply to record only new episodes. There isn't a rule titled new episodes only. The closest I see is "Record if different episode number". That will eliminate re-recording a recording that has already been made. But it will also record a re-run that is several years old if it hasn't been previously recorded. New episodes have "New" in the description so I can tell which ones are new. That is how I know which ones to delete.

Thanks for your response though.

I think I've isolated the problem to the Tvheadend Timeshift option.

When I disable timeshifting in Tvheadend everything seems to work OK. I can record 4 programs while watching another recording from from either the attached hard drive or over the LAN form a WD My Cloud. I can skip forward, back, pause, etc while watching the completed recordings or the in-progress recordings.

If I enable timeshifting and set the buffer location to the SD card the problems come back.

If I move the buffer location to my attached hard drive the problem gets a lot better.

If I set the Timeshift Maximum RAM size option to 0 while buffering to the SD card things get even better. The main problem I have is playing a recording over the LAN while recording other programs. The recording is constantly buffering (with very slow progress) and is basically unwatchable. Pausing and skipping live 1080i TV works most of the time but will sometimes freeze after extensive use.

The best work around I have found so far is to set the Maximum RAM size to 0 while buffering to the attached hard drive. I can watch recordings over the LAN without buffering while recording other programs. This also seems to be the most stable option for watching live TV (other than disabling timeshifting) in normal use. One downside is skipping and resuming live TV from pause isn't as "snappy" as when using RAM for the buffer.

Any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks

My box does seem to run hot. I've seen it as high as 85°C but it normally runs around 75°C - 80°C when making multiple recordings. I'm not quite ready to open up the box yet. There doesn't necessarily seem to be a correlation between heat and the problem. In fact, the box temperature seems to go down once the the problem has occurred. What I have noticed is the the CPU load gets high (bumps 100%) and I experience some buffering prior to the problem occurring. Once the problem occurs the CPU load decreases. And the problem is still there if I stop all recordings and try to play a 1080i source even when the temperature and CPU load drop.

I'll try to see if I have any higher powered adapters laying around but I'm not ready to buy a new one for an experiment.

I changed the Tvheadend timeshift storage location from the default (I assume the SD card that LibreELEC runs on) to my USB 2.0 hard disk that I make the recordings on. This has improved the situation.

I can now be recording 3 sources while timeshifting a fourth without causing a problem. I can also record 4 sources and watch one of the sources while recording without causing a problem. It was only when I was recording 4 sources while playing a recording over my LAN did I experience a problem.

And the problem has improved slightly. A 1080i source plays in slow motion now while the audio continues normally. Then it will buffer, the frame catches up with the audio and then plays in slow motion again. If I change to a different source the same thing happens but it plays the correct source. 720p sources still play fine and I still need to reboot to correct this.

Thanks for your suggestions

I have a weird problem. I'm running LibreELEC 8.2 on a 905W box (AZW W95) with a HDHomerun Connect Quatro, Tvheadend 4.2, and wired Gigabit LAN. The box works fine when watching live TV. I can pause, resume, etc. But when I'm stressing the system (i.e., recording 3 channels while watching live TV on another channel, recording 4 channels while playing a recording, etc.) the picture will freeze (it is actually stuttering between a few frames). The sound continues but it will pause for a second every several seconds. This only happens on 1080i channels. Some more information:

1) If I switch to any 720p channel everything works fine.

2) If I switch back to the 1080i channel that that initiated the problem the same stuttering frames are there and the sound track continues but pauses every few seconds.

3) If I switch to any other 1080i channel I see the same stuttering frames from the channel that initiated the problem and the appropriate sound track plays but pauses every few seconds.

4) If I play a 720p recording everything works fine.

5) If I play a 1080i recording I see the same stuttering frames from the channel that initiated the problem and the sound track plays but pauses every few seconds.

6) If I turn off hardware acceleration all channels will play but with the associated issues of no hardware acceleration.

7) If I turn the hardware acceleration back on the the same stuttering frames and sound pauses happen when I try to perform 1080i playback.

8 ) If I suspend the system and turn it back on the issue is still there.

9) If I reboot the system the problem goes away until the next time I stress the system.

10) Recordings are not effected by this. If the problem occurs when I'm watching a recording in progress, the recording successfully completes and is playable unless I reboot the system.

Are there some settings I should change or is this a hardware problem? Or am I just asking for too much from this box?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm a NOOB running LibreELEC 8.2 on a 905W box with a HDHomerun Connect Quatro. I plan to use this device mainly as a PVR. I managed to get Tvheadend 4.2 and Zap2EPG running which records to a connected USB hard drive.

I have a WD My Cloud in my network and it is connected to the LibreELEC box via Ethernet. Recordings play fine on the LibreELEC box from the My Cloud but I haven't yet figured out how to record to it.

I have a 3TB USB 3.0 drive that I plan on connecting to either the My Cloud or directly to the LibreELEC box to use for recordings.

Eventually I hope to record and access the same recordings from multiple Kodi devices.

I'm assuming the best architecture for multiple multiple Kodi devices would be to connect the 3TB hard drive to the My Cloud. But before I go through the learning curve of configuring LibreELEC and Tvheadend to record to the My Cloud I thought I'd ask:

Is it better to connect the hard drive to a NAS or directly to the LibreELEC box for access from multiple Kodi devices?

Thanks

I'm a noob running LibreElec 8.2 with Tvheadend 4.2 on a AMLogic S905W box. Has anyone compiled Comskip for an AMLogic ARM box?

Compiling is a bit over my head, I haven't even successfully SSH'd into my box yet (I can get in through Windows file explorer).

Thanks

I have a W95 (AZW/Beelink) S905w box that I'm dual booting from SD card into LibreElec 8.2.3.1. My remote is the same as in post #159 (see below for picture). My remote mostly works in LibreElec except for the colored media, mouse toggle, skip forward/reverse, and 1/a (number/text) buttons. I use a MX3 (non-IR) remote for heavy maneuvering but my goal is to use my XSight Touch universal learning remote (similar features to a Logitech remote) most of the time. Normally, I can find remote upgrades in the JP1 forum but I haven't found any that work with this box. So, the more buttons I can get working from the factory remote the more I can use my universal remote.

I've tried several of the remote.conf files posted here but they either have no effect or work worse.

I assume I'm going to be directed to the create remote file from scratch thread but I thought I'd ask if there is an easier path before I go through that learning curve.

I've opened the remote.conf file from the Android OS. It has 2 factory codes in it for 2 different custom sections, 0xff000001 and and 0x7f800001. These are proceeded by factory_infcode = 0 and factory_infcode = 1 respectively.

Any tips on how I should proceed from here to get as many buttons as possible working on my universal remote?

Also, the power button works but are there any work-arounds for discrete on/off? I'm OK letting the box time out for going into suspend but it would be nice to have a discrete on. HDMI-CEC partially works when I'm booted into the Android OS but it doesn't seem to work in LibreElec/Kodi.

Thanks