How to record only new episodes using Kodi 17.6 and Tvheadend 4.2.5

• Is there a way to do this? There are a lot of settings in the timer rules but I don't see one for only recording new episodes.

Thanks

• On the tvheadend Webinterface it is possible for sure. It is on port 9981.

I have 26 TV show autorec rules only recording episodes that are not recorded.

• By doable do you mean the feature exists, I just need to figure it out? Or do you mean it should be able to be accomplished through a feature addition?

Thanks for your responses by the way.

• What you want does already exist in tvheadend and it is quit good. I use tvheadend some years. For me it is running on my server. For you it is a addon of your kodi box (if i understand you correct).

Go to http://<ip or name of your kodi box>:9981/ e.g. 192.168.178.57:9981 or whatever the ip or name of your kodi box is.

The klick "Digital Video Recorder" now "Autorecs" and there are the rules for automatic recordings.

If there is already a rule klick on it and then klick edit and select "Duplicate handling" as you like.

You dont need kodi to setup new Autorecs. You can do it entirely in the tvheadend Webinterface and still see the recordings in kodi. The most simple one for me is: Select something in the tvheadend Webinterface EPG -> klick Info Icon -> klick Autorec -> goto Autorecs and edit it for duplicate handling.

Hope that helps

• These appear to be the same rules as I see in the Kodi interface. The problem is I can't figure out which rule to apply to record only new episodes. There isn't a rule titled new episodes only. The closest I see is "Record if different episode number". That will eliminate re-recording a recording that has already been made. But it will also record a re-run that is several years old if it hasn't been previously recorded. New episodes have "New" in the description so I can tell which ones are new. That is how I know which ones to delete.

Thanks for your response though.

• I just noticed an option in the Tvheadend Web interface Autorec settings that I don't see in Kodi. It is called "Broadcast type". It has "Any", "New / premiere / unknown", and "Repeated" as options. I'll give this a try. I wonder if Broadcast type is somewhere else in Kodi and I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help