[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Do you use the official LibreELEC build for ODroid, or is one of your device trees geared towards the C2 as well (I only ask because I didn't see anything specific in the device tree)?

My builds do not work on Odroid C2 because it needs a bit different kernel config and a special u-boot. Raybuntu's builds (32-bit userspace: thread-4248.html) and official LE builds work really well.

Do you have any opinion on whether any of the differences in the hardware are better/worse? For example do you suggest the 1GB vs 2GB boxes or the 8GB vs 16GB eMMC's or 100 Mbps versus Gigabit chipsets?

I think for LE 1GB RAM is enough but it's good to have Gigabit Ethernet. If you get a decent SD card it doesn't matter what's the internal memory size, you are only limited by card size.

• If you get a decent SD card it doesn't matter what's the internal memory size, you are only limited by card size.

I run internal LE 99% on my boxes but be aware of some boxes have really slow card readers.
    The worst card reader with slowest speed is my TX5 Pro S905X 2GB/16GB
    On internal install it is great. Wifi ac is amazingly fast.
    These are the obstacles when choosing these boxes. :)

• I have installed Libreelec on my MXQ Pro 4k (with Amlogic S905X), and it seems to be working fine. The instructions on how to install were fine for the most part. But, to do this on the MXQ Pro 4k (and maybe a few others) you have to add the following steps if you're converting from an Android 6.0 OS (this should be similar for most of the Android OS out there):

*Note that I used an SD Card for this process, but a USB should be sufficient too*

(After you have installed Rufus/LE Tool and burned the downloaded file onto an SD Card or USB, and added its appropriate device tree)

1. Access the boot drive you created on your computer

2. Highlight the contents of the boot drive, and right click. Then go to "send to", and select "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Everything should be in a Zip Folder now. If there seems to be things left outside of the Zip folder, just access it and make sure all the components are inside.

3. Safely Eject your SD Card/USB.

Now for the fun stuff :P

4. Insert SD Card/USB into your TV Box.

5. On your tv box, in the main menu. Go to "My Apps"

6. Look around until you find an app called "Update & BackUp". Select it.

7. Under the "UpdateLocale" section, check mark the "Wipe Data" and "Wipe Media" boxes. DO NOT PRESS UPDATE YET!!!!!!!

8. Press the "Select" option next to update.

9. Select the zip folder you created earlier (It will probably be the only option there anyways). Your zip folder should appear below Wipe Data, and Wipe Media.

10. Press Update, and let it do its work. Note that if you select the BackUp option before hand, it'll revert back to its Android OS. In order to successfully install the Libreelec OS, you will have to do this without a backup.

And that's it! If anyone would like a video made with the entire process (not just the small section of steps listed above) from start to finish let me know and I'll make one when I can!

Thank you to "kszaq" and all the other devs for all your work!
    [hr]
    After changing from an Android OS to the Libreelec OS on my MXQ Pro 4k (Amlogic S905X). My remote doesn't work for the box anymore. I was just wondering if anyone would know how to sync the remote back with the box.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by arakor (February 3, 2017 at 11:23 PM).

• much appreciated for the builds! I have everything working well on 2 s905x mk809iv sticks, only problem is when i watch videos the first second or so of audio is missing then it comes in perfectly in sync etc.. not the worst problem and unnoticeable on videos that dont have immediate sounds. all my vids are watched over network streaming

any ideas?

cheers

Luke

kszaq  wrote:
    This is because of the vq patch I am using. The patch fixes dropping vq over time and stuttering effect that comes after this happens. It also makes seeking and channel switching much quicker. The only downside it what you observed, i.e. a (little) few seconds missing at the beginning of some videos. This can't be improved without significantly modifying Amlogic HW decoding implementation in Kody Jarvis and I've already spent too much time trying to improve this patch. I have decided to leave the patch in current state for all future Jarvis builds because it's the best solution we can have. It's much more different in Krypton and that's where development focus is at.

From post #592 in this thread.
    thread-3588-post-31434.html#pid31434

• arakor
    installtointernal not working for you ? I have the same box
    as for the non working remote :just replace your remote.conf with working one (from original android remote.cof or search in this forum and you will find remote.conf repository)

• arakor
    installtointernal not working for you ? I have the same box
    as for the non working remote :just replace your remote.conf with working one (from original android remote.cof or search in this forum and you will find remote.conf repository)

It wasn't at first, but with some trial and error I found out that using the "nand.dtb" device tree instead of the normal "dtb" worked. Also at the end of the process (using PuTTY) type "rebootfromnand", instead of "reboot recovery". gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb

Thanks for the remote fix! Let me know if installing to internal works for you now.

- Cheers

• kszaq  wrote:
    This is because of the vq patch I am using. The patch fixes dropping vq over time and stuttering effect that comes after this happens. It also makes seeking and channel switching much quicker. The only downside it what you observed, i.e. a (little) few seconds missing at the beginning of some videos. This can't be improved without significantly modifying Amlogic HW decoding implementation in Kody Jarvis and I've already spent too much time trying to improve this patch. I have decided to leave the patch in current state for all future Jarvis builds because it's the best solution we can have. It's much more different in Krypton and that's where development focus is at.

From post #592 in this thread.
    thread-3588-post-31434.html#pid31434

thanks for that, again you work is much apreciated

• Hi trying the new build and I'm still getting an issue with playback from addons watching programs where the image is zoomed on the top left of the screen but when watching live tv I.e sly sports the image is perfect. It's not the stream itself as in android they both work the same. Any ideas.

• I have the MXQ Pro.
    Up until now all went fine with the updates - the last version was 7.0.3.012c.

I then attempted to upgrade to 7.0.3.012h(without going through the sdcard update initially) - that after downloading the same device file I always do:
    gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

Then the device failed to boot - and raised a debug shell claiming /system failed to boot.
    Then without any other options, I used to toothpick style update to restore my stock firmware - which went smooth.

Then, used the SDCard method to boot from the latest version of - went smooth as well.

Once I attempted to run script installtointernal it failed :

I also attempted to repeat the installation procedure(toothpick to stock --> sdcard-->install to internal) with a different device file gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb.

It didn't fix the issue as well.

Apparently, I'm "stuck" with the sdcard version without being able to install to internal (can I actually work with it fully?).

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
    Itzik.

• I have tried everything to get video and audio completely in sync, but no setting works.
    No matter if I select HDMI or PCM, passthrough or no passthrough - the audio is always a tiny bit ahead.

Am I missing something?
    Does nobody else have this issue?

I tested DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, even regular stereo tracks - it's always the same.
    Only DD+ behaves differently, it is out of sync by a lot if passthrough is enabled. Once I disable passthrough, it is only a bit out of sync, like the other audio tracks...

I would appreciate any help. :)
    This is now the only thing keeping me from using the S905X on a regular basis (RPi2 fallback).

(Box is a Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB, Jarvis is still on SD.)

• While watching the video bring up the OSD. Scroll to the audio settings and it's in there. You can adjust for all videos if you want to.