The mainline kernel is support for outputting correct MaxFALL/MaxCLL HDR metadata and HDR10+?
I have a Z28 RK3328 box with the latest nightly and I have an S912 box too with CoreELEC. I see, the SD upscaling is the same, bad quality on both. I have a RTD1295 box too (Zidoo X9S), and the SD upscaling quality is superior.
What about the RK3399? Same as the RK3328? I read, the RK3399 have a Bicubic polynomial interpolation with a four-tap horizontal kernel and a two-tap vertical kernel upscaling algorithm. Can LibreELEC use this feature?
Who can record the video work of the interface KODI (latest LE 9) on ROCK64 by video camera 60 frames per second?
I want to see how smooth the interface is compared to amlogic s905.
At Odroid C2, unfortunately, there is no smoothness. The only skin where there is smoothness is confluence.
I was surprised by the smoothness the interface kodi on RK3288 (Asus tinker board). You can see in video 1080p60 resolution:
I have both RK3328 and S905X. The S905X with CoreELEC is more smoother than the RK3328 with LibreELEC. Same Estuary skin.
Thanks for your test, I noticed all of the MBAFF interlaced videos are wrong (25i, 29.97i too).
I see the last nightly was 04.11.2018
But there were Kwiboo changes merged on 04.11.2018, so I'll try to make a new image tomorrow.
Those changes are already in the 29.10.2018 image, just the general LE changes from 3-10 Nov will then be new.
Can you make a new test image for Z28 too? Thanks!
When will available a new test version with the latest Kwiboo patches? The last nightly is 03.11.
What about the MBAFF deinterlacing?
Rockchip currently can output:
1. RGB Full Range (YUV video is clipped and scaled from 16-235 to 0-254). Set TV to Full Range - WtW & BtW clipped, Single video scaling.
2. YCbCr 4:2:2/4:4:4 Limited Range (RGB gui is scaled from 0-254 to 16-235). Set TV to Limited Range - WtW & BtB preserved*, Zero video scaling.
Recommended and default settings:
- Use limited colour range (16-235) should be set to False
- System -> HDMI Output Format should be set to RGB
- Player -> HDMI Output Format should be set to YCbCr
- TV should be set to Full Range when RGB is used and Limited Range when YCbCr is used
*In current build the Video Output Processor is configured to clip YUV WtW & BtW values before it is sent out over HDMI.
Thank you, I will try!
For interlaced videos:
I discovered, only MBAFF videos are wrong (59.94i and 50i too). I uploaded an 50i sample, the Amlogic plays at 50Hz with proper deinterlacing, the Rockchip plays at 25Hz without deinterlacing: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s-9nsjh-ljrheb_xgh_l0ufhegyufxrr
I dont understand, with my eyes the picture quality on my rock64 is much better than Odroid C2. Do you use some special settings?
But i will also say i am not an expert, do you have any tips? I have tried these different commands in the config. On both Rockchip(Rock64) and amlogic(Odroid C2) on Libreelec and Coreelec. And the 422,8 bit was the best if i remember correct on my LG55
echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
echo '444,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
echo '422,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
echo '422,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
YCbCr 4:2:2, 4:4:4 is the color space, not the range. All movies are in YUV 4:2:0 limited (16-235), not RGB full.
Do not enable Use limited colour range (16-235) in Kodi when using Rockchip, instead enable full range on TV when using RGB output or colors will be wrong.
I am currently working on an update that will hide this option and also makes it possible to select between 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 YCbCr output instead of just 4:4:4 YCbCr.
Thanks, but my Toshiba TV does not have full range setting. The Rockchip can't output limited range?
Thanks for libreelec to Rock64, i am a big fan of RockChip. The picture quality is so much better than amlogic.
I have an Amlogic S905X and an S912 with CoreELEC.. Please use limited color space.
The Rockchip are clipping white and chroma, so the picture quality is worse than Amlogic.
Feedback for LE 8.90.006 on Z28 Pro (RK3328):
- VC1 videos are not HW accelerated
- 1080i 59.94 fps h.264 videos are not deinterlaced and played at 29.97 Hz
- 576i 50 fps mpeg2 files with pulldown flag (iso, mpg, vob) are not deinterlaced and played at 25 Hz
- 480i 59.94 fps mpeg2 files with pulldown flag are not deinterlacing
For picture quality:
Direct To Plane Method:
- Visible banding and clipping (tested with Spears & Munsil test video)
- No banding, but the clipping same as Direct To Plane
- 10 bit videos have no picture
Overall the SD upscaling is bad quality (same as Amlogic).
Thanks for your work!