Tanix TX6

• Hi,

here is the config for the remote, running ir-keytable -p nec -t on my device:

However, i searched and found the Tanix TX6 has the same remote as Tanix TX5max (Amlogic S905...).

The next kernel release will have support for this remote: rc-tanix-tx5max.c\keymaps\rc\media\drivers - kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree

Does this mean, a simple entry in the dts with linux,rc-map-name = "rc-tanix-tx5max" under ir and the remote will work ootb?

• Works here.

Build a new image with the patch from chewitt for the Tanix TX5max rc-keymap and patched the sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dts with linux,rc-map-name = "rc-tanix-tx5max". I would welcome it, if you can send the patch.

• alexey I can't spot any issue in SW or HW. It's possible that RAM frequency is set too high and that other TX6 mini boxes worked only by chance. Can you please give me also serial output during Android boot? At the very beginning, DRAM settings should be mentioned, like frequency and dram_para1 and dram_para2 (or something similar).

Thank you for efforts! The only mention of "dram" is:

The log file is in the attacment: tx6mini.log

• vitalogy you're right, I grabbed remote for Beelink X2 by mistake. This just proves that a lot of boxes come with generic remotes. Anyway, I'll open PR soon (I'll update Beelink X2 too).

jernej

Does this affect my x2 with a different remote too? Im using a remote from hauppauge, as this suits my needs much better than the crappy beelink remote.

• Hi. HDMI-CEC working with my Samsung TV like a charm but when I turn it off, the tanix box freeze and nothing help only if I unplug it. Can you please help me with this? Of course I have installed the latest firmware.

• if you turn off TV, TV will notify box of that via CEC and also the box will turn itself off and only thing to turn it on again is to unplug it and plug it in again. You can turn off that behavior in input settings. However, whenever you turn off box, you'll still have to unplug it and plug it in again. This part is not solved yet and it won't be for some time.

• jernej great job.

On the basis of your sources, I built a version of LE with the addition of support for USB WiFi, USB BT, USB sound (sometimes it is more convenient to use external sound devices with much better parameters than built-in sound). All these devices work well on TX6. :)

The question. U-boot versions for different H6 models are very different from each other, is it possible to have a universal version that will be able to run on all models ? Is it possible in u-boot for H6 to work with USB (start the system from USB media)?

• U-boot versions for different H6 models are very different from each other, is it possible to have a universal version that will be able to run on all models ?

No, main issue is RAM initialization. For example, Tanix TX6 has DDR3 and most or all SBCs have LPDDR3. Due to tight size constraint in SPL there is place for only one RAM driver.

Is it possible in u-boot for H6 to work with USB (start the system from USB media)?

I'm not sure in what state U-Boot H6 USB driver is, I don't use it. U-Boot itself can't start from USB dongle (only SD card, eMMC, SPI and NAND), but it can start Linux from USB.

• No, main issue is RAM initialization. For example, Tanix TX6 has DDR3 and most or all SBCs have LPDDR3. Due to tight size constraint in SPL there is place for only one RAM driver.

Then I'll rephrase the question. :)

What is the minimum number of u-boot options will be enough to run the system on different h6 models ?

1 for DDR3, 2 for LPDDR3 ?

I'm not sure in what state U-Boot H6 USB driver is, I don't use it. U-Boot itself can't start from USB dongle (only SD card, eMMC, SPI and NAND), but it can start Linux from USB.

For my purposes, the option to support starting from USB when it is in SD\eMMC\SPI is quite enough (change the order of polling devices by making USB first). Similar I already did for RK33xx, it allowed to have universal images of LE and Armbian which can be run on all devices, it is enough to configure DTB in (extlinux.conf). You can tell in which source files there are parameters that are responsible for the order of polling devices, where to look (extlinux.conf)?

• What is the minimum number of u-boot options will be enough to run the system on different h6 models ?

1 for DDR3, 2 for LPDDR3 ?

Maybe, I don't know, I never tried to do something like that. That's not something I'm after.

You can tell in which source files there are parameters that are responsible for the order of polling devices, where to look (extlinux.conf)?

Not sure what you mean exactly. U-Boot has search procedure for extlinux.conf stored in environment variables. This is the same for all platforms, not only Allwinner. You can change them at runtime with setenv and store them with saveenv.

Still, having system on USB dongle and having U-Boot on SD card is very inconvenient for the end user.