Posts by vitalogy

Works here.

Build a new image with the patch from chewitt for the Tanix TX5max rc-keymap and patched the sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dts with linux,rc-map-name = "rc-tanix-tx5max". I would welcome it, if you can send the patch.

Hi,

here is the config for the remote, running ir-keytable -p nec -t on my device:

However, i searched and found the Tanix TX6 has the same remote as Tanix TX5max (Amlogic S905...).

The next kernel release will have support for this remote: rc-tanix-tx5max.c\keymaps\rc\media\drivers - kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree

Does this mean, a simple entry in the dts with linux,rc-map-name = "rc-tanix-tx5max" under ir and the remote will work ootb?

Yeah, I saw this in the rtw -driver in mainline, that sdio should supported soon.

But for now i have wifi ...

I will pubish a build here, so other can use it, till its in mainline.

Here is a patch to support WIFI on the Tanix TX6 64GB version with the builitin Cdtech 47822BS (Realtek 8822BS) chip.

jernej - please have a look at this, it is working for me

So bluetooth could be on the horizon, because it should be supported by the driver.

I can also confirm eMMC is working ... here are two screenshots:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dd if=LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-devel-20190824143152-5c3df44-tanix-tx6.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=4M
    137+1 records in
    137+1 records out
    575668224 bytes (549.0MB) copied, 2.173960 seconds, 252.5MB/s

But do not forget to "sync", else you will see this dmesg:

Code
    [   23.342332] SQUASHFS error: zstd decompression error: 14
    [   23.342358] SQUASHFS error: zstd decompression failed, data probably corrupt

great work

Sorry for asking this, but how ... never flashed eMMC.

Is this the right way?

Code
    dd if=LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-devel-20190824143152-5c3df44-tanix-tx6.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=4M

these changes are not in any public git

Yes, I realized this, when I had looked into /dev with my image, build from LibreELEC git repo.

With your image the device shows only these two blocks. So mmcblk0 is the sdcard and mmcblk1 should be the eMMC.

LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/mmc*

Code
    /dev/mmcblk0       /dev/mmcblk1p1     /dev/mmcblk1p15    /dev/mmcblk1p4
    /dev/mmcblk0p1     /dev/mmcblk1p10    /dev/mmcblk1p16    /dev/mmcblk1p5
    /dev/mmcblk0p2     /dev/mmcblk1p11    /dev/mmcblk1p17    /dev/mmcblk1p6
    /dev/mmcblk1       /dev/mmcblk1p12    /dev/mmcblk1p18    /dev/mmcblk1p7
    /dev/mmcblk1boot0  /dev/mmcblk1p13    /dev/mmcblk1p2     /dev/mmcblk1p8
    /dev/mmcblk1boot1  /dev/mmcblk1p14    /dev/mmcblk1p3     /dev/mmcblk1p9

uhm ...

I saw the changes in git and build an image yesterday ... I could have saved myself ;)

Installed the image from jernej:

CEC - is working, here with a Denon AVR

eMMC - put the image on /dev/mmcblk1, remove sdcard and reboot?

jernej thanks for your work

I have found some time, to look into lcdd addon and its dependencies:

libugpio
    A builded and installed linux is not neccessarry to build libugpio. Libugpio deals direct with the sysfs gpio interface and no kernel functions are used.
    I think we can safely remove linux form libugpio package.mk.
    Has someone tested the hd44780 gpio driver from lcdd?

lcdd
    Sofar if you build lcdd by hand in a clean environment (make clean, scripts/create_addon lcdd), lirc is not builded before and configure gives a warning

Code
    checking for main in -llirc_client... no
    configure: WARNING: The lirc driver needs the lirc client library

When lirc is set as dependency or it is simple installed by another package, lcdd fails to build.

Code
    In file included from /home/michael/workspace/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/lirc/lirc_client.h:124:0,
                     from /home/michael/workspace/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel/lcdd-c05a7de/server/drivers/lircin.c:39:
    /home/michael/workspace/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/lirc/curl_poll.h:36:29: error: array type has incomplete element type 'struct pollfd'
     int curl_poll(struct pollfd ufds, unsigned int nfds, int timeout_ms);

vpeter had give a workaround for this: thread-3793-post-28178.html#pid28178

Is lirc needed as a dependency for lcdd?

Okay a workaround is "make image" first, but when I will build only one addon for a project I have to build the whole image first? Hmm ... :dodgy:
    I got this error from building lcdd too. For two days all was fine, but now it won't build ...?
    I decided to make a clean build, but stumble about the fakeroot error.