Posts by lumpi

I think toothpick is used for amlogic not for Allwinner, as far as I understand Allwinner always tries SD first.

The only button with regards to the boot process is the fel button for a boot via usb slave connection to a pc: Boot Process - linux-sunxi.org

I've no idea, but if you drop into the #librecomputer channel on freenode @lvrp16 (who owns LibreComputer) can either answer the Q or task on the Baylibre developers he pays to work on his boards to comment/investigate.

Man you know about anyone of importance in this business ;-) thanks for the pointer!

chewitt I was digging further into the fips repo because I got curious about @tkaiser's cheating with DVFS with the blob bl30 on the Cortex M thread in armbian forum from 2018.

Interestingly the tartiflette bl30 and the le potato bl30 are both exactly the same build from 2018:

gxl_v1.1.3308-45470c4 2018-04-12 16:22:58 [email protected]

what would you expect, will this stay like this, or will libre tech push out a newer version, that might be more transparent, as seemingly hardkernel's is?

I know it doesn't really matter, i'm just wondering because i'm getting loads of weird kernel traces probably because of the DVFS stuff, but well currently I'm not having the time to dig too deep into it, so whenever something pokes me, i'm having a go at it at night :P

I forgot to list OrangePi 3 board.

Thanks for nice words! To be fair, RK and AML projects are covered with very good developers too, but they have a bit less time to work on LE. We also work together on common features and one peripheral used on those SoCs is even the same (HDMI encoder), so improvements one make directly benefit others.

That's actually the board I'm thinking to buy as an experimenting ground for LE and Manjaro.

Honestly for me it was always easiest to find a way to communicate with you, very normal.

Recently I found a second home with the Manjaro ARM community, they are not kernel hackers, but one level more downstream on distribution level, closer to mere mortal linux users, but very nice community open to all aarch64 SOCs with a focus on pine and khadas and odroid ;-)

That became now quite OT...

Hi to all.

I'm testing LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200629-d0f7212-bananapi on my Banana Pi and there's a problem with hevc playback. Only a still image from the movie appears on the screen, the sound is played for a while, and then there is silence.

Thanks in advance to the wise members for their explanation and possible correction.

Kodi log

Please see first post:

- A20 doesn't support H265 (HEVC) - SoC was made before H265 was standardized (hardware limitation)

Just looking at the datasheet and found this:

Code
    1. 1.2.5 System Component
    2.  Cortex-M0
    3.  Two Cortex-M0 inside RK3399 to cooperate with Cortex-A72/Cortex-A53
    4.  Thumb instruction set combines high code density with 32-bit performance
    5.  Integrated sleep modes for low power consumption
    6.  Fast code execution permits slower processor clock or increases sleep mode time
    7.  Deterministic, high-performance interrupt handling for time-critical applications
    8.  Serial Wire Debug reduces the number of pins required for debugging

if this MCU has control over PMU and IR receiver all but the M0 can be shut down. That works before u-boot I suppose.

Hi everyone

Is this the correct thread for the actual nightly builds for rk3399 devices here: Index of /

I'm actually thinking about buying an rk3399 based board and am wondering if it is possible to turn the SBC on via IR remote or on board button, or if it has to be powercycled once shut down.

Thanks

P.S. turns out npcomplete has similar question :-) I guess it all depends if there is an embedded controller and if that's supported by mainline LE.

Thanks chewitt

That was ok vs enter, if I remember correctly.

But it seems kodi can deal with these my very keycodes, as my other box receives exactly those codes from eventlircd instead of event1, so it can deal with them I'd guess.

Also it is not recognised as a joystick or mouse, which is a good sign, its weird and confusing.

Hello

I am facing a strange issue, as I'm having a Bluetooth remote that exposes two event nodes and mostly everything works fine, except the channel up down buttons.

If I'm checking with evtest it gives me key_channelup and key_channeldown but my pvr addon doesnt react at all, also the key remapper addon gives for both keys the same bogus code.

Interestingly on a second LE box with an IR remote IRW gives me the exactly same keypresses as evtest and there it works.

I tried also attaching eventlircd to the corresponding event1 bit that doesnt seem to work at all.

LE with Bluetooth is 9.2.3 for rpi2 running on a rpi3

The one with the IR remote is an Allwinner H3 with the latest test version.

I tried Is there an addon or a command to detect remote key for RF remote like LIRC ?

Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices

Also those links have been considered:

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

OpenELEC.tv/packages/sysutils/eventlircd/evmap at master · OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub

98-eventlircd.rules

And a couple of more voodoo things nothing helped.

Does anyone have any idea what to try next? Of course I can test and provide logs, if someone has an idea in what direction it might lead :)

I took a surely interlaced sample from DVB-C and it plays fine on X2, all the combing that could be seen on kaffeine without deinterlacing are gone.

zillevdr as I said, I need sample video to reproduce issue, otherwise I can't help. Additionally, make sure that it works if you disable deinterlacing.

Yesterday I managed to capture a couple of interlaced samples, will try them out in the evening and report.

Oh ok got a new TV my 8years old Samsung was better for such tests.

Maybe it's possible to limit resolution to 1080p?

Tried changing resolution to 1080p/60 and it seems better now.

How come this happens? That's a new thing right?

Video looks good now, now just have to find out if its interlaced content...