Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• jernej todays version works only thing confusing a bit is that you land back in the shutdown dialog.

Tested only with the button, not the remote.

Pressing the button while running will bring up the shutdown dialog, a second press hides it again.

Edit:

found my original remote, no effect, when pressing the button on the x2 it didn't come alive again, like yesterday.

I think the difference was that my first triel let it asleep only a very short time, I reactivated before the TV showed no signal, the second time, when it didn't come back it took a bit longer due to reying the remote

Edit 2:

My assumption was wrong, while doing some further tests I realised that actually the remote's red power button, when pressed while in sleep, triggers the freeze of kodi, not the duration of the sleep.

Also interesting fact is that SSH keeps alive but is frozen the whole time the box is asleep, no reconnection necessary after waking up, it then even parses whatever I was typing while x2 was sleepin.

Edit 3:

I think it's at random if it's working or not...

Would it also be possible to gracefully shutdown Linux and restart it by the button? If I'm shutting down it's not powering off, but shows "reboot: System halted", waking it back up is impossible, except by power cycling.

I don't mind waiting for a full boot, bit getting up and connecting power is annoying, sleep is not my concern, it sleeps also well if all playback is stopped and tv switcjed to different input...

Edited once, last by lumpi (February 1, 2021 at 10:52 PM).

• MoToR  Timpanogos Slim  kursantkvi I finally manage to find H6 HDMI bug (actually two), which prevented proper working. Please test following H6 update: LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-devel-20210202235002-b20ba58.tar

It's made from this branch: Commits · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

With above image, even 4K @ 60 Hz works for me.

lumpi power button just toggles power menu when in Kodi. When box is suspended or shutdown (only ARM cores are suspended/shutdown, ARISC co-processor is running), you should be able to resume/power on the box, either with power button on the box or via original remote. So clearly there is something in that co-processor FW which doesn't play nicely. I'll take a look, but no promises when. Above fix for H6 give me opportunity to work on 10-bit modes :D Too much fun stuff to do, too little time :D

• jernej Don't worry fun is more important than boring power issues ;)

In any case shutting down as well as restarting kodi is very slow, so I suppose H3 is soon no more fun for a daily driver. But the X2 just has a very nice form factor unlike a pi without case...

• Main reason for slow shutdown is usage of python-dbus, which is phased out (doesn't really work with python3). It should be out when LE10 is released. This will shorten shutdown time for about 20 seconds, maybe more. Slow startup is due to service which waits on network. Most of the time it timeouts, even if network is up already. This is caused by recent service rework. I didn't look into the reason why it almost always fail on AW boards.

• Then I'm positive things will improve over time.

jernej is it technically feasible to not just send the SOC to sleep, but in fact shutdown Linux and power off the ARM cores and use the ARISC core to power them on via remote or button and perform a proper boot from scratch? That would be much more useful in my opinion. That would also eliminate the need for power cycling to start after a shutdown.

• is it technically feasible to not just send the SOC to sleep, but in fact shutdown Linux and power off the ARM cores and use the ARISC core to power them on via remote or button and perform a proper boot from scratch?

Of course, that is already implemented, it just acts up on Beelink X2. It works reliable for me on OrangePi Plus2E and BananaPi M2+ (speaking about H3 boards).

• jernej I removed dust from my Pine H64 ver. B nad I tested the fix you did for HDMI bug. I confirm that now I am able to boot my Pine H64 when it's plug to my AVR. That was not the case before.

A lot of movie 4K HDR work really well, some demos are laggy but overall everything is really fine.

Is it possible to merge that fix with the test image for audio passthrough ? I am really curious to test the audio passthrough. If it's not possible I will wait.

Thank you for all !

• I confirm that now I am able to boot my Pine H64 when it's plug to my AVR. That was not the case before.

Great! Thanks for confirmation.

Is it possible to merge that fix with the test image for audio passthrough ?

Of course it is :) It's just that first I would like to get these fixes in LE master and to kernel. I'm also curious if this will help PT. I'll try to do that soon (some patches need to be rebased), but I can't say when exactly.

• Of course, that is already implemented, it just acts up on Beelink X2. It works reliable for me on OrangePi Plus2E and BananaPi M2+ (speaking about H3 boards).

Wondering if it's the X2 or user problems...

Could you please explain to me how exactly I should trigger a shutdown that will stop the cores and hands over to the arisc? The shutdown dialog triggers a shutdown only to a halt with hdmi on, like old PCs with AT powersupplies.

• Hi jernej !

Picture quality is good but all 4K HDR are RGB 8bit, is there a way to force YCbCr 10 bit (4:2:2 or 4:4:4) ?

It's amazing how much progression there has been since I first tested Libreelec on my Pine H64.

I see some mosaic in the image sometime but overall it's amazing.

I give you more feedback after the week-end.

• Could you please explain to me how exactly I should trigger a shutdown that will stop the cores and hands over to the arisc?

Any kind of shutdown procedure should do that - selecting shutdown in Kodi power menu or even running "shutdown now" in ssh.

The shutdown dialog triggers a shutdown only to a halt with hdmi on, like old PCs with AT powersupplies.

Sounds like Arisc isn't running. Did you try fresh image? and power on via ARISC really doesn't really work for me on X2 too.

• Dear Jernej,

Want to report and ask a question.

I have updated to the 20210129 RC nightly recently (had 20200916 ALPHA nightly previously). I have the PVR IPTV Simple client installed and it has updated to the current version (7.3.0.1) after nightly update too.

They have added a Catchup menu in new version of PVR IPTV Simple client and I have chosen the right settings, so now I finally have a working archives of all the IPTV programs for 3 days!!! Great news and many thanks for that!!! Unfortunately few things are not working: pause/resume, rewind back/forward.

The only strange thing is that when I choose the correct Catchup settings (to get the archive work) I get the Inputstream error: The inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon is not installed (see attachments) every time I switch a channel. The channel video though is played with no problems. Perhaps you could help me to get rid of this error, or maybe you know how can I install this add-on? Any help is highly appreciated! Anyway I am very glad that the archived programs are now playable! So many thanks again!!!