Posts by roel

But some remote only working mode lircd, especially old lcd tv. So i want reference type and merk remote, working in another mode lircd. (Nec-5, nec-6, etc).

I think this link about config remote for build in remote with tvbox, not list remote device only. some one want to reference too for changing old remote

Most of these remotes you can buy on aliexpress without the tv-box. NEC remotes work, MCE remotes should work out of the box. I use a sony remote from a old DVD-player and my previous one was this one: Universal IR Remote Control For Android TV Box H96 MAX/V88/MXQ/TX6/T95X/T95Z Plus/TX3 X96 mini Replacement Remote Controller-in Remote Controls from Consumer Electronics on AliExpress

Search for "tv box remote" on aliexpress.

roel maybe you can try same fix as I used above for H3. You can compile A64 image from this branch: Commits · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This didn't fix it for me. I'm sure it is related to the wifi driver. I compared your kernel config and only see the rtl8723bs selected as module, if I check my kernel config there are a few rtl8723xx moduels:

Code
    1. CONFIG_RTL8723AE=m
    2. CONFIG_RTL8723BE=m
    3. CONFIG_RTL8723_COMMON=m
    4. # CONFIG_RTL8723BS is not set

In this case as above, sound works, but wifi doesn't. If I change only RTL8723BS to CONFIG_RTL8723BS=m and recompile the kernel the sound starts behaving strange.

Update: disabling all the other RTL stuff and only set the RTL8723BS as module fixed the sound issue for me. In case somebody builds his own custom kernel for a pine64+

Jernej, I tired your patches on linux 5.3.7 and now the hdmi sound works. Seems something was broken in 5.3.6.

jernej ,

I discovered what gives me the isue with the HDMI sound on the pine64-plus.. It's the rtl8723bs module. As I tried building a kernel to use the wifi and BT module I compiled the rtl8723bs module from staging. I enabled both hdmi_sound and wifi in the dts and discovered that the sound was completely messed up. So I compiled the 5.3.7 kernel and found out sound worked but wifi didn't work because I forgot to enable the rtl8723bs module. After I recompiled the kernel again with the rtl8723bs module included the sound starts doiing strange things again. I disabled the wifi in the dtb, but the sound stays behaving strange. I compiled just the same kernel with only the rtl8723bs module as difference.

Any idea?

That's not much if you are developing something ;)

Anyway, push your kernel to github or some similar service, so I can check what's missing. Having kernel config would also be useful.

Jernej, I tired your patches on linux 5.3.7 and now the hdmi sound works. Seems something was broken in 5.3.6.

Thanks,

I have a github account, but only reported bugs with it, so I never pushed something to it, so I have to figure this out first.

I know compiling 10 kernels is not much, but on my pine64 it takes a day to compile, so it takes ages. I will make a new clean config to start from zero as I probably made already stupid choices...

jernej ,

I compiled a kernel with your patches, but for some reason I only get crackling hdmi sound. It's like it plays 1 second, 1 second not, then another second. I enabled all sunxi stuff regardings sound in the config. But omewhere you do some magic to get that hdmi sound working. So now I wonder what is the magical line in the config file that gives that hdmi-sound? Probably it have to do somethine with a hardware clock but I am not that educated in kernel and hardware stuff to put my finger on the wright spot.

(I think I already compiled 10 kernels with different configs)

I forget to say, it's for a pine64-plus.

Hello,

I have a sony RMT-VB100I configured for Libreelec

I like the remote but I have one problem with it: you can't "long press" the buttons. Seems the remote stops the signal after a few seconds. So if I want to scroll a directory listening with the arrows I have to repeat my key presses over again.

I don't know if there is a workaround for this, or is it possible to reflash the chip. It's a HB8101P.

In attachement also my configs for this remote.

SONY_RMT-VB100i.zip

Regarding the HDMI issue: I build Manjaro arm for my pine64+ and have the same issue there, no sound through hdmi. Analogue works just fine. Manjaro is running on linux kernel 5.2.

Lakka doesn't have sound either trough hdmi but analogue is OK. I don't know about armbian but armbian is on 4.19.

Honestly, currently I don't have any plans to do that, as I don't consider these devices to be popular choice for LibreELEC. But now that I think a bit, they could be considered as portable movie players.

However, I don't have any of them, but if there is enough interest, something can be arranged. Maybe you can make another thread with poll to see how much interest there is?

Maybe I will do a poll on the pine64 forum, probably there is more people interested in the pinetab.

Where can I find the file where is specified which boards are supported? It's already a long time ago I did a libreelec build, but now I want to build a Allwinner H3 with lima support, just for testing. In that days all specific board where in projects -> chipset -> devices. In devices you can chose no the different cpu's but I don't find a file with the supported devices in this category.

In Lakka for example, it is specified in in the "options" file.