Posts by roel

balbes150

Station OS is on the emmc. Yes I used the sd-card for other images (r-cade).

I tried different methods, inserting the sd-card whit power (in station OS), pulling the power and boot directly from sd,...

I burned with usbimager on linux. I will clean the sd-card or use a new one and try again.

the new u-boot-2022 has the ability to select the system on the screen. ie, you can use multiple systems on the same media.

Doesn't boot on my station M1 (RK3328-roc-pc image). Do I have to do something special regarding u-boot? I only burned to image to sd-card. I get "no signal" on my screen and there is a red end blue light burning together.

Seems it was a kodi crash. Here is the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello,

does somebody also has the problem that suddenly LibreElec restarts while watching a stream?

I didn't manage to see a pattern in it or how to trigger it. Sometimes it just restarts during watching. First I thought one of the kids was playing with or sitting on the remote, but yesterday the remote was just laying on the table.

I don't have any logs as I don't know how to trigger it, but maybe it's a known thing.

I would go the road Klojum proposes. Get rid of the motherboard and graphics card and buy a motherboard with integrated CPU, for example with a intel J4125.

I have a asrock J3455, I bought it for 90€. You can't even buy a GT1030 for this price. I use it as a NAS, and a desktop pc running Manjaro. It's powered by a 40W power adapter. So it's cheaper and it uses a lot less power.

I wouldn't recommend it when you are a gamer, it's good to run emulation (even GC and Wii) and older games but not the newer titles.

If you buy a RPI on top of that, you aren't even on the price of a new graphics card.

I tested streaming on H5 version and it worked fine at that time, but it used HLS protocol. It could be protocol related. Note that Tritium boards only have 100 Mbps ethernet via internal PHY - I already had compatibility issues with that.

I will investigate further with other streaming sites and from my server. Probably it's only related to the mpeg-dash streams.

SMB1 is not supported anymore and afaik you must use username/password with SMB2/3

I know, it's because on my khadas vim1 and firefly M1 I have to login also with username and pasword and there it works. On the tritium not I get the response "check your credentials" while I'm sure username and password are correct. But as I said, maybe I didn't try enough. SSH works though.

Regarding Tritium H3,

I tried a few things yesterday, installs fine, my needed add-ons work, although the streaming buffers a lot. I don't know if it's related to the Tritium H3 or the mpeg-dash stream. We always had problems with these streams, but no freezing or repeatedly buffering. When I switched back to my khadas vim1 running leia everything was OK'isch using the same add-on.

Couldn't log in with samba, but maybe i didn't try enough. Before shutting down the device I checked the LE settings and there seems to be a choice now to login with or without pasword. but I didn't try it anymore. I know it nevers gone happen but a nfs server is way more trouble free.

I can test tritium H3.

Wifi on my pineH64 doesn't seem to work also.

About KVIM1

I tested the latest nightlies on my KVIM1. I just dd the KVIM-image to emmc, I only read later it should be done with the emmctool, but it boots fine. Now when I test some local streaming services (VRT-NU and VTM GO) the screen is shaking a lot, including the control panels and the video hangs.

Local video's start but without screen. When I stop them the system freezes.

Here is thelog: http://ix.io/2NDN but it seems it stopped logging at some point.

Another problem, but already known probably, is that it takes ages to shut down the system (I have this also on my RK3328).