Posts by arakor

arakor I will add the driver as soon as it is available. This can be tomorrow or never, depending on chip manufacturer's will to publish it.

That's fair. Thank you for all your support and work! I'll definitely be shooting you some coffee money at some point haha. If I happen to see some news on this chipset before you I'll send the link your way. I've also attached a picture of the chipset for you to view if you'd like.

- Cheers

I've been using the MXQ Pro 4k with the S905X, and my wifi won't work either. It's definitely because of the change in the wifi chipset. I have two of these boxes, the wifi works in one of them and not in the other. So I took them both apart and the working model had a Realtek wifi chipset, while the one that doesn't work has one called Scl (S9082C 11644). I'd upload a picture if I could/knew how to. I've tried finding info about this chipset, but it seems there is no info to be found. With that said, I've only searched google a few times.

kszaq , do you think you'll be supporting this "new" chipset? Seeing that a lot of the newer S905X models contain this now. If I knew how to write the codes for this stuff I'd offer to help out, but I'm a little far away from that point at the moment haha. I just started a month ago trying to teach myself :P (debatable progress)

When I'm booting from my SD Card, the LibreELEC system boots normally, but when I'm searching for a wifi network nothing is there. Does anybody have a fix or suggestion for this? I didn't have this problem before when I booted the system onto other boxes for my family. The boxes I have been using are the MXQ Pro 4k with the Amlogic S905X.

arakor
    installtointernal not working for you ? I have the same box
    as for the non working remote :just replace your remote.conf with working one (from original android remote.cof or search in this forum and you will find remote.conf repository)

It wasn't at first, but with some trial and error I found out that using the "nand.dtb" device tree instead of the normal "dtb" worked. Also at the end of the process (using PuTTY) type "rebootfromnand", instead of "reboot recovery". gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb

Thanks for the remote fix! Let me know if installing to internal works for you now.

- Cheers

I have installed Libreelec on my MXQ Pro 4k (with Amlogic S905X), and it seems to be working fine. The instructions on how to install were fine for the most part. But, to do this on the MXQ Pro 4k (and maybe a few others) you have to add the following steps if you're converting from an Android 6.0 OS (this should be similar for most of the Android OS out there):

*Note that I used an SD Card for this process, but a USB should be sufficient too*

(After you have installed Rufus/LE Tool and burned the downloaded file onto an SD Card or USB, and added its appropriate device tree)

1. Access the boot drive you created on your computer

2. Highlight the contents of the boot drive, and right click. Then go to "send to", and select "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Everything should be in a Zip Folder now. If there seems to be things left outside of the Zip folder, just access it and make sure all the components are inside.

3. Safely Eject your SD Card/USB.

Now for the fun stuff :P

4. Insert SD Card/USB into your TV Box.

5. On your tv box, in the main menu. Go to "My Apps"

6. Look around until you find an app called "Update & BackUp". Select it.

7. Under the "UpdateLocale" section, check mark the "Wipe Data" and "Wipe Media" boxes. DO NOT PRESS UPDATE YET!!!!!!!

8. Press the "Select" option next to update.

9. Select the zip folder you created earlier (It will probably be the only option there anyways). Your zip folder should appear below Wipe Data, and Wipe Media.

10. Press Update, and let it do its work. Note that if you select the BackUp option before hand, it'll revert back to its Android OS. In order to successfully install the Libreelec OS, you will have to do this without a backup.

And that's it! If anyone would like a video made with the entire process (not just the small section of steps listed above) from start to finish let me know and I'll make one when I can!

Thank you to "kszaq" and all the other devs for all your work!
    [hr]
    After changing from an Android OS to the Libreelec OS on my MXQ Pro 4k (Amlogic S905X). My remote doesn't work for the box anymore. I was just wondering if anyone would know how to sync the remote back with the box.

Thanks!