7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6.img
    MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb

I would say this has fixed the boot up freezing after over 25 re boots and power off the box only froze 4 times.
    A cold boot always booted back up.
    I would probably call this a Fairyfly and not a Bug ;)

Edit: I had 3 freezes in a row from power on. One from cold boot.
    I would say the Fairyfly might be a Bug

Three power off and then on went fine after that.

EDIT: I resumed my on off reboot testing and spent 40 Minutes just re booting and powering off with the remote and no Freezing after about 80 on off and reboots. YES 80 TIMES BEFORE I GOT THE FREEZE.
    I cold booted and it booted fine.
    Did 3 more without a problem.
    I think i'm done for now. This is either fixed or it is a bug. I'm not so sure after what i have gone through.

My box did this once when re booting, See screenshot.

EDIT: This is getting stranger by the minute.

I just had a friend who has the identical box. Same hardware same time purchased together and all identical LE updates performed have always been the same results EXCEPT this one.

He dropped his box off to me and i updated it from 19th November Dev build. Exactly what i did with my box.

The 19th Dev Build boots up perfect on my and his box.
    I have just spent over half an hour trying to get his identical MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb to boot with some consistency or at least the same consistency as my identical box.
    His box would be lucky to re boot 1 out of 5 attempts. It just freezes on Boot up animation. Really bad results. After half an hour of trying we gave up. It just freezes.
    I then updated using the 19th November Dev build with 6th November device tree and rebooted after update and no problems.
    Works perfect with this version.
    I then created a Fresh SD Card 12th December version with 9th December Device tree and toothpicked.
    Booted up first time after install. After that it was all the same behaviour as internal install on his box.
    Two of the same identical boxes with two different behaviours with the same LE Version.

I think I'm done for now.

Last EDIT I tried one last time using #57 method to install DTB manually.
    LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6
    LibreELEC git: d4fc4f6831ab914c874bc4731d15d3360af33f8f
    LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/storage/backup/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    0+1 records in
    0+1 records out
    38408 bytes (37.5KB) copied, 0.009089 seconds, 4.0MB/s

Still box kept freezing on boot animation.
    So that did not work either.
    [hr]

The signature is that if you reboot, occasionally the driver will not start; you must (effectively) stop & restart the driver by disable/re-enable of the WiFi in the LE Settings - so you are saying this happens also with the Qualcomm driver used in your TX5? (it apparently uses the AP6255)
    The good news is it is, at worst, a 'nuisance' rather than a show-stopper, where all you have to do is toggle the WiFi;
    Weird one though if indeed also happening with other driver

See link regarding my box and the issues with Chinese Boxes using different Hardware on a box with a Generic Brand Name.
    I keep banging on about members not disclosing their chips as S905 OR S905X , as a model is less important (although it should be disclosed)
    than the hardware.
    I hope this eventually gets through to members. ;)

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM).

• Hi Kszaq.

S905x(X96 box) 2gb/16gb.
    Using: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz
    I experience a loud "Tick" or "Crackling" sound when I start playing a video.

Overall there are less "ticks" than in 009 release but the problem is still present in your 010 image. (Same behavior as when I ported 010 sound fixes to 009 manually)
    The problem seems to reproduce randomly, sometimes there is no "tick" sound, sometimes it's not as loud but in about 20% of the videos it is still there and very loud.

My way to reproduce it:
    I launch a youtube addon, go to "popular", click "C" for context menu and "play from here" (so everything is added to playlist).
    Then I click "C" again during a video playback to bring playlist and just start choosing random videos. This just allows me to start many different videos faster.
    The problem does not seem to reproduce on any specific video, it seems to be random.
    I have noticed that sometimes video playback starts "silent" for 0.5 sec or something - in this case the problem never reproduces.
    It feels like the problem happens when the driver is reinitialized without being silenced first or something.

Please let me know if I can somehow help debugging the problem. Thank you again for your work.

Edited once, last by x-kent (December 13, 2016 at 1:56 PM).

• Hi @kazaq,

I just upgraded to this build and is it me or does it seem way faster. Great work.

I did notice something not sure if anyone else has. I have a notification come up at startup which makes a noise. That noise is now about 2 octaves higher than it was before. Any ideas why this might be?

Regards

Nexbox A5 2gb/16gb

• After installing the .010 version when I turn off my Beelink Mini MX III, restarting it stays in the Beelink logo and will not boot. If I remove the Ethernet cable, sometimes it starts, but often not. I have reinstalled the 009 and everything returns to normal. What can I do to make the 010 work well?
    Thank you

• I installed 7.03.010-32bit to my new Cooleme MB1 (a re-branded Mini M8S II, I'm told). Audio & video go through HDMI to an Onkyo AVR and then to a Panasonic plasma TV.

Installation went smoothly, once I found where the reset button was (no analog audio-out on the MB1)

No lock-ups after 30 or so restarts

DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD and multichannel AAC pass through to the AVR without issues.

The original remote works fine, no problems with turning the box on and off. My Microsoft MCE remote on the other hand, has the same problem Jönke reported: only the arrows and the play/pause/stop buttons work (it works fine with 7.02.009).

A slight problem with CEC communication: it works fine when I turn on the MB1 but, once I switch to TV and back to HDMI input, it stops working. I have to choose the box from the TV's CEC menu, then it comes back to life. Again, it works fine with 7.02.009.

No other major problems with 010 but the two small annoyances I mentioned made me go back to 009 where everything works.

I have never built from Amlogic buildroot but I will try to help... S905X does indeed have a sound codec built in and it's T9015 - you need to enable it in kernel config to work. To make sound over HDMI work you should have this codec enabled or modify device tree to use dummy codec but the latter won't give you sound over analog. That said I think you should start with meson64_defconfig.

kszaq, thank you very much. You are a lifesaver. It appears T9015 is in dtb, I just need to enable it in kernel. I am using meson_gxl_p212_1g_releasae_defconfig.

• Nexbox A95X - S905X - 1GB/8GB

Using the newest dev version it boots first time every time - cold boot, powering from remote etc

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212221553-r23560-g512a087.img.gz

• After installing the .010 version when I turn off my Beelink Mini MX III, restarting it stays in the Beelink logo and will not boot. If I remove the Ethernet cable, sometimes it starts, but often not. I have reinstalled the 009 and everything returns to normal. What can I do to make the 010 work well?
    Thank you

Get into the habit of disclosing your box like this: Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 100M Lan
    If this is wrong ? Let us know.
    This issue seems do be predominately if not all related to S905 Chips. :)

• Thank you kszaq i really appreciate your work you are doing for the community :cool:
    Update from 09 to 10 through update folder was easy and fast. So far no problems.
    Device is S905 Beelink Mini MXIII 2GB/16GB/1Gbit running from internal.

I really like the temperature reading - is there any way (addon, settings etc) which is monitoring the temp in time and for example showing graph? Or realtime showing the temperature in some skin main menu items? Like outside temperature through weather addons?
    Anybody have any hint? Thanks :)
    [hr]
    Have one question, i don't know if its related to libreelec or device itself.
    Sometimes when i run video file after some time of playback i have about 1-2 sec of black screen. Audio is working, video is going still forward. I just don't have the image.
    It never happened two times in one movie.
    Its happening also sometimes when i stop the video - so in the kodi GUI itself.
    Anyone experiencing this too?
    Look like to me that its something related to refresh rate/fps of the screen - but tried many combinations and its still there no matter what i change.

Thanks for sugestions

Edited once, last by Tittan31 (December 13, 2016 at 12:51 PM).

• The patches I use for .010 have been in development build for 2 weeks IIRC and no one complained. Unfortunately I don't have a TVHeadend server nor any other PVR service to test. So far everyone else's results were very good and current a/v sync patch works best from all from what I can tell.

Hi kszaq, thanks for the reply. Yeah very frustrating, as I have two boxes (A95X S905X 2g/16G and a Driobox Ares 2g/16g) and its only on the driobox it does this yet .007 is fine. The A95X is working perfect.

I've tried a fresh install even with just tvheadend client on. My log is here KDhX and i've uploaded a youtube vid so you can see how severe it is Driobox Ares S905X jerky tvheadend playback on kszaq libreelec build 7.0.3.010 - YouTube

Again, thanks for all the great work

• Try this build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212221553-r23560-g512a087.img.gz

This has the only non-upstream commit I can think of reverted that can cause your issue: dwc_otg: do not queue transactions if we do not have enough time in a… · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@bbef74b · GitHub
    If this doesn't work, I'm afraid I can't help any further.

WOW!!!
    The DACs on the USB-receivers XMOS 8U6C5 - Рeriodic crackling.

The distortion is gone. Were only periodic clicks.
    Very similar as it was in the аssembly version 7.0.2.001 - 006 with other USB chip. I wrote here LibreELEC

This is progress! Thank you for remembering about us! :)

• Get into the habit of disclosing your box like this: Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 100M Lan

i will start a new Github Repo to list all the available S905/S905X devices with proper naming and Hardware like below

Nexbox A95x - Rev1

SOC : S905
    RAM : 1 GB
    NAND : 8 GB
    Ethenet ship :
    WiFI Ship :

Nexbox A95x - Rev2

SOC : S905X
    RAM : 2 GB
    Ethenet ship :
    WiFI Ship :

Nexbox A95x - Rev3

SOC : S905X
    RAM : 2 GB
    Ethenet ship :
    WiFI Ship :

so users can contribute there Devices info so we will have a a database which can be verified by expert users like you :)

Here is the Repo please start add your supported SOC :D
    [hr]
    Hello Every body please contribute to the supported devices Database by open a ticket with your device info here

Amlogic-S905-S905X

Edited once, last by scropion86 (December 13, 2016 at 2:38 PM).

• I've tried a fresh install even with just tvheadend client on. My log is here KDhX and i've uploaded a youtube vid so you can see how severe it is Driobox Ares S905X jerky tvheadend playback on kszaq libreelec build 7.0.3.010 - YouTube

I run a TVHeadEnd server on RPi2 with ATSC TV tuner (Hauppauge HVR-950Q), both LibreELEC and TVHeadEnd are based on milhouse build. I had no problem with playback of TVHeadEnd client with the latest build on Mini MX (S905, 1G/8G). Client and server are connected via Ethernet. I did try using powerline networking but playback became jerky. I live in North America (data capture for one hour TV broadcast is about 7GB). I'm not sure whether this is applicable in UK.

BTW, have you turned on video acceleration of MPEG2? It was turned off by default and before I turned it on, video playback is jerky.

• I run a TVHeadEnd server on RPi2 with ATSC TV tuner (Hauppauge HVR-950Q), both LibreELEC and TVHeadEnd are based on milhouse build. I had no problem with playback of TVHeadEnd client with the latest build on Mini MX (S905, 1G/8G). Client and server are connected via Ethernet. I did try using powerline networking but playback became jerky. I live in North America (data capture for one hour TV broadcast is about 7GB). I'm not sure whether this is applicable in UK.

BTW, have you turned on video acceleration of MPEG2? It was turned off by default and before I turned it on, video playback is jerky.

The channel playing was BBC1HD h264. But yeah in my proper build mpeg2 acceleration is on. 007 playback is perfect. All releases since i have had this problem

• The channel playing was BBC1HD h264. But yeah in my proper build mpeg2 acceleration is on. 007 playback is perfect. All releases since i have had this problem

In North America we're still broadcasting with MPEG2. If you already turned on H264 video acceleration (HD and up), I could not think of any issue. BTW, did you try 7.90 build (Krypton)?

EDIT: I recall I did had similar problem before (with build I can't remember) on certain channels broadcasting in 1080i MPEG2. I recorded the video program on a hard drive, no problem in playback of the recordings then.

Edited once, last by wkchick (December 13, 2016 at 3:19 PM).

• Get into the habit of disclosing your box like this: Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 100M Lan

That's my box, but it's 1 Gb Lan

Edited once, last by ojerez (December 13, 2016 at 3:25 PM).