Posts by x-kent

"Same" here. I go to bed and let the stream run
    over night. In the morning the picture is frozen
    (at some point some hours later).

On earlier versions like Jarvis the stream was still
    running in the morning, when I turned on the TV.

Actually, it was even running one or two days
    later, when not stopped manually.

Good to know I am not alone here as the bug is pretty severe at least for me as I use LE/KODI as my primary TV device.
    I should switch channel/press "X" several times or reboot to force it to play again after it gets stuck.

If anyone has any info on any workaround please share.

Hi Kszaq.

I am getting a weird picture freeze with all the LE8 builds. Including the latest "c".
    I am playing TV using Simple IPTV PVR client. After a couple of hours (usually 4-5 hours) I have the below in log and the picture just "freezes".
    From the log, I can see that sometimes it does recover from it but then it just gets "stuck" with the "stream stalled" message and I need to manually stop the play, switch the channels a couple of times(just stop/play doesn't work after freeze!) and only then the video playback returns. There is no "buffering" circle, nothing. The picture just freezes.

Is it related to running on s905 ? Is there any workaround to detect and restart the stream ?
    My box is S905x 2g/16gb (x96). The below happens both in your builds and builds that I did compile manually from your code.
    In the below log, the freeze happened at 05:38. I have came back to TV at around 11am and it was still showing a frozen picture.
    Can I somehow debug the problem further ? Looking at the KODI source where the log message is printed doesn't really help as I am not familiar with how it works and there is a "sleep(10)" in the code that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Thank you for your work.

Code
    00:40:26.399 T:3658511264  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
    00:40:42.355 T:3930067872 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
    01:32:49.247 T:3658511264 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
    01:32:49.247 T:3658511264  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
    01:32:58.030 T:3930067872 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
    02:36:04.393 T:3658511264 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    02:36:04.393 T:3658511264  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
    02:36:23.489 T:3930067872 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
    05:38:09.192 T:3658511264 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    05:38:09.192 T:3658511264  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

Hello. Thank you for your work kszaq !

I am using 8.0.0g and when I try to open some videos I get:
    22:47:02.301 T:3565122464 ERROR: CAMLCodec::OpenAmlVideo - cannot open V4L amlvideo device /dev/video10: Device or resource busy

This doesn't happen if I disable hardware acceleration but then all 1080p videos get unplayable.

It seems it happens when the videos I am trying to open consist of TS fragments delivered by m3u8 playlist.

Anyone else has this problem ?

Edit: attached kodi.log from start to the point where kodi should start playing but instead it remains in the menu UI.

Hi.

I am using build 12. I see severe "flickering" when I switch from one video to another in a playlist in youtube. The was no such effect with build 09.
    The monitor just flashes about 7-8 times while the message "Opening stream" is displayed.

Did anyone experience this ?

Edit:
    It's a s905x 2gb/16gb box (x96)

I have built release 012 from source and when I boot it (from sd card on s905x 2gb/16gb) I get the LibreELEC logo and it's stuck.
    I don't get the "Partition is resizing" part.

If I download kszaq build it works.
    I had the same issue with release 010.
    Release 009 works when I build it.

I have built release 012 for "arm" arch.

Any idea what direction should I dig ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Kszaq.

S905x(X96 box) 2gb/16gb.
    Using: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz
    I experience a loud "Tick" or "Crackling" sound when I start playing a video.

Overall there are less "ticks" than in 009 release but the problem is still present in your 010 image. (Same behavior as when I ported 010 sound fixes to 009 manually)
    The problem seems to reproduce randomly, sometimes there is no "tick" sound, sometimes it's not as loud but in about 20% of the videos it is still there and very loud.

My way to reproduce it:
    I launch a youtube addon, go to "popular", click "C" for context menu and "play from here" (so everything is added to playlist).
    Then I click "C" again during a video playback to bring playlist and just start choosing random videos. This just allows me to start many different videos faster.
    The problem does not seem to reproduce on any specific video, it seems to be random.
    I have noticed that sometimes video playback starts "silent" for 0.5 sec or something - in this case the problem never reproduces.
    It feels like the problem happens when the driver is reinitialized without being silenced first or something.

Please let me know if I can somehow help debugging the problem. Thank you again for your work.

Hi Kszaq.

I am trying to map some of your github commits to change log. Can you check If I did it correctly please ? Format:
    - changelog_entry
    (commit_message - commit_url)

- reverted some kernel audio patches to prevent clicks and pops
    (update audio configuration to use the latest Latest LE kernel - Revert "projects/S905: update audio configuration to use the latest L… · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@c8d5d55 · GitHub)

- applied a fix after the revert to keep HD Audio working
    (add a workaround to enable HD Audio passthrough for S905X - projects/S905: add a workaround to enable HD Audio passthrough for S905X · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@925b8e6 · GitHub)

- 4K scaling patches reverted to 7.0.2.008
    (use 4K scaling patches from LE master - Revert "projects/S905: use 4K scaling patches from LE master" · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@615b0ee · GitHub)

Thank you for your work !

Not sure if it helps someone as most don't build from source but I fixed the problem by flashing my "009" build and using the device tree I get from the build rather than from the website as linked. Using same gxl_p212_2g.dtb.
    Will report if I see any problems on x96 box.

There is no list of supported dongles. You can see which additional (Realtek) drivers are compiled in: LibreELEC.tv/options at libreelec-7.0 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Binary files will differ because the compiler signature is different depending on your host OS. What OS do you compile with? I build on CentOS and the "most supported" is Ubuntu. I hope you don't use root account to compile?

I am building on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with a normal user account. My build of 7.0.3.009 works fine. The build of 7.0.3.010 for some reason seem not to start the X server or something.
    I have manged to launch an sshd on it by placing ssh.conf from another box into /storage/.cache/service/ and got a shell on the box. I found that there was a kernel OOPS in dmesg but the system seems to continue running after that so not sure if that's the cause of the problem. I have removed that image since then so I don't have that system currently but if you need any info I can rebuild 010 and get analyze further.

I had the same issue at first when I started using these builds. Turned out I was using the wrong device tree. Double check your device tree.

Thanks for replying.
    That's probably the cause. But there seems to be only 1 device tree for 2gb s905x, the gxl_p212_2g.dtb.
    I have "dd"ed my original /dev/boot to boot.img and trying to extract information from there currently. Got the filesystem extracted but there is no device tree or anything like it there.

S905X (x96 box)
    2GB RAM 16gb flash.
    Booting from USB flash drive.
    Image: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.010.img.gz
    Device tree: gxl_p212_2g.dtb
    On nand: original android

Problem: No sound.

Kodi Settings->System->Audio shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)". Grayed out so unable to switch to anything else. Tried playing with other settings - no effect.

dmesg: LibreELEC:~ # dmesg [ 0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu [ 0.000 - Pastebin.com

Same when compiling "7.0.3.009" from source. Can't compile 7.0.010" from source because of: LibreELEC

Should I try different device tree ?

Thank you for you work !

Update:
    It seems the driver fails, from dmesg:
    [ 3.178934@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [ 3.178940@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: register aml sound card error -22
    [ 3.178944@0] aml_snd_m8_card aml_m8_snd.47: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [ 3.178960@0] aml_snd_m8_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.47 failed with error -22

Hi kszaq.

I have built your branch from source and found out that there are some differences between the 7.0.3.010 image you provided and what comes out after building 7.0.3.010 from your git.
    The binary files differ for some reason(although both should be built using the LE toolchain so theoretically should be the same) but there are more than just binary files.

I have ran a diff on the "system" partitions, here is what differs:
    emergency.service rescue.service
    your image:
    ExecStart=-/bin/sh -c "/usr/sbin/sulogin; /usr/bin/systemctl --job-mode=fail --no-block default"
    after building:
    ExecStart=-/bin/sh -c "/sbin/sulogin; /usr/bin/systemctl --job-mode=fail --no-block default"

usr/share/dbus-1/:
    session.conf <- ram instead of tmp
    system.conf <- messagebus instead of dbus as pidfile

usr/share/kodi/addons/[os.libreelec.tv, osopenelec.tv, repository.libreelec.tv]
    different permissions. 700 vs 775
    same for usr/share/xbmc/addons
    same for usr/share/bootloader
    same for usr/config/* (all subdirs except aacs)

I was comparing my build because after I build from source, I am able to boot, I see the LE starting to boot and then my screen goes black.
    I have pinged the device (it's on Ethernet and I know what IP it will get from my DHCP) and it replies to pings but the screen remains black.

SSH is off by default so all I can do is ping the box but cannot get any logs from it. I will report if I manage to find why the output of binary files differs or what causing the build not to launch.

Not sure if it's a bug or not. Let me know if you need any more info and of course, thank you for you hard work !

Update:
    Compiled version 009 and it works. There may be something fishy in 010 source.

Hi.

I have an Otto box MXQ 4k Pro.

After flashing a USB stick and inserting it to "USB 4", LE boots without me pushing the inside reset button (toothpick method).
    Everything works (using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb).

The problem is, I can't find a way to flash it "inside". The "installtointernal" script reports errors and after investigating I see no trace of any internal storage device.

For example:
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/disk/by-id/
    usb-SanDisk_Cruzer_Fit_4C530202061104107552-0:0 usb-SanDisk_Cruzer_Fit_4C530202061104107552-0:0-part1 usb-SanDisk_Cruzer_Fit_4C530202061104107552-0:0-part2
    LibreELEC:~ #

The only device is my usb stick. There is no /dev/system or /dev/data. The internal flash just doesn't show up anywhere I look.
    If I remove the usb stick and power on I get to Android.

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance !

A little update:
    I have flashed TWRP, booted into TWRP and tried from there.
    My plan was to wipe data/dalvik/cache and then to flash the "boot" and "system" partitions.
    But for some reason, TWRP cannot see the internal storage either ! When wiping, it reports errors and doesn't wipe anything. Same when trying to flash a zip.
    May it be that I have a completely messed up MXQ Pro device or something ?
    I see people having problems getting to boot from SD/USB, mine boots from if it's bootable automatically... I didnt see any posts mentioning anything remotely close to what I experience...

Update 2:
    It seems that the only place where I can access the internal storage is the Android system. I cannot flash from there (can't flash system when running from system).
    But I can flash bootloader and recovery (TWRP flashing worked).
    What I am wondering is what component is responsible for that kind of behavior. Bootloader or some weird device tree.
    In case it is a bootloader, I should be able to reflash it from running Android system.
    In case it is the device tree, I can pull it from there while running Android and use it to run LE and installtointernal. If I pull the dtb file from the Android, where can I read about what should I alter to make it LE compatible ?