7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• As soon as the kids are in bed ill try it and let you know, I'm hoping I can get Hyperion installed in this version. I'll be going for a clean install and previous version was smooth as silk, great work so far.

Top man :D

• It gets even weirder. Now the toothpick method
    "works", but it always brings me to an Android
    recovery (which does not help either).

• Theres something strange wth thiis build it fails to boot up correctly but if you pull the power once or twice it then boots into LibreElec correctly. But if you reboot again the same issue happens. I am running from SD card.

Upgraded from 7.2.009 usiing samba method of dropping the device tree and image file into the update folder then rebooting the device. This is on a S905 . MiniMX v1 , 26/16G using device tree   gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb. The same device tree I have always used woth older bullds although I always use the new device trees that are released along with each build version

Once booted up correctly the build seems to work fine, playbac etc all seemed OK. Buit the failing to boot issue is annooying, cant keep pulling out the power to get it to boot up..

Edited once, last by xsi (December 9, 2016 at 11:14 PM).

• I really think, something went wrong along the
    way while building the 009 versions. The first
    or the first and second ones were alright, but
    then something got messed up and now the
    problem persists in all devels of 009 and in 010,
    too.

At least, with a Nexbox Otterbox MXQ 4K Pro.

I wasted the last day with trying to rescue my
    009 installation, then went back to 008 just to
    fuck it up again with 010. That is really a mess.

I will try now to install the very first 009 again
    and then maybe never update again until this
    conflict/behaviour is somehow solved. :\

I am lucky, I am always using the SD card method
    and not the internal one, I guess.

Btw, maybe it is just something with the device tree
    from Nov, 6th? I just realized all new versions, that
    have problems use this device tree, while when I
    installed the 008 version yesterday, which was running
    and booting fine, I used an older device tree, of course.

Edited once, last by sYCO (December 9, 2016 at 7:31 PM).

• Hi @kzsaq

Looking the commits I can see the huge amount of work to made this new version.

I see that you have tested newer versions of gpu-aml between builds.

Can you explain a little bit the error with r6p1-01rel0-2364187?

• is 32 bit build better than 64 bit in the latest version ? i am using k1 plus 1GB RAM Tv box.

I dont know whether 64 bit is smoother and faster or is it the 32 bit. Can anyone pls suggest me ?

Thanks in Advance Kszaq, have you corrected the Audio stuttering problem in the latest version ?

• Theres something strange wth thiis build it fails to boot up correctly but if you pull the power once or twice it then boots into LibreElec correctly. But if you reboot again the same issue happens. I am running from SD card.

Upgraded from 7.2.009 usiing samaba method, device tree also updated. This is on a S905 . MiniMX v1 , 26/16G using device tree   gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb . 

Once booted up correctly the build seems to work fine, playbac etc all seemed OK. Buit the failing to boot issue is annooying, cant keep pulling out the power to get it to boot up..

There seems to be issues with device trees after the 19th November Dev builds for S905 chips.
    See link #532    

• Mini M8s Pro S905 (2GB /8GB Realtek wifi fix trees always used)

Updaded from 19th November Dev Build to
    7.0.3.010 64bit Device Tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb (09-Dec-2016 08:59 38408)

(1) 1st boot up after update froze on boot up animation
    (2) Cold boot Box booted up.
    (3) Reboot from Power menu 2 times Booted no issue.
    (4) Reboot 3rd time It froze again.
    (5) Cold Boot Booted Up
    (6) Reboot Froze first time
    (7) Cold Boot froze immediately
    (8) Cold Boot froze immediately
    (9) Cold Boot Booted up normal
    (10) Power off menu Froze on Bootup Logo
    (11) Cold Boot Booted up normal
    (12) Powered off from remote control, Powered on Booted normal
    (13) Powered on from remote Froze on Bootup Logo

Conclusion: No consistency as far as what causes the Bootup Freeze during Cold Boot, Reboot or Power On.
    The box either Boots or it doesn't using all the above exits from LE.

• Yes I get similar behaviour on my Mini MX V1 s905 2Gb/16GB, My device tree is different to yours i use the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb .  As I have Gig ethernet and I domt have Realtek WiFi. I upgraded from last stable build 009 not the development builds.

I have now reverted to the last stable build 009 and all is well again with the box booting up, not sure if this is a device itree issue or somehtong else causing the non boot issue.

• Yes I get similar behaviour on my Mini MX V1 s905 2Gb/16GB, My device tree is different to yours i use the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb .  As I have Gig ethernet and I domt have Realtek WiFi. I upgraded from last stable build 009 not the development builds.

Thanks for the reply.
    That means it is not specific to the Realtek WiFi fix device tree.
    It may also mean it is not in fact a device tree issue.

• thanks kszaq .... the update process worked very well on Mini M8S II ... the box booted and normal service resumed :)

fwiw The AC3 synch error LibreELEC and progressive content synch error LibreELEC both recurred

thanks again for all the great work :cool:

Edited once, last by redger (December 9, 2016 at 11:37 PM).

• TX5 Pro S905X 2GB/16GB (SD Card LE) updated from 2nd December Dev Build to
    7.0.3.010 64bit, Used gxl_p212_2g.dtb as well.
    Boots fine and reboots, power off, power on all work with no Freezes.

• Installed the 32bit version on my X96 2G/16G. Very noticeable improvements in performance over the .008 build I had installed previously. No more cracks and pops - I didn't really pay much attention to the popping before but it's very noticeable now that it's gone.

Thanks once again, kszaq, for all your hard work! I forgot to ask earlier, but did you get the coffee(beer) I sent you?

Edited once, last by Kshi (December 10, 2016 at 3:38 AM).

• Thanks for the reply.
    That means it is not specific to the Realtek WiFi fix device tree.
    It may also mean it is not in fact a device tree issue.

Minix recently updated the firmware on there U1's. From the change log.

Change log since FW010:
    1.) Fixed an Amlogic bug that is causing system stuck at logo during boot occasionally

Might have something to do with this.

• Thank you for the new build. Fresh installation on SD on Minix U1 works fine - no problems (with the latest FW11 firmware btw).
    I still have those annoying audiosync problems which arised somewhere after .009 and it's pretty much the same in the latest .009 dev builds, 0.10 and also the krypton versions.
    And it's not the same with every file, I need to use 0.5s delay for some, for some a litle less and for some the default is perfect - also the problem only exists when using passthrough.
    In the original .009 I use .150ms delay and it's perfect for all movies :)
    Something changed along the way - are there any U1 users here trying these builds with passthrough? Do you maybe use some other devtrees? I always use gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Oh and btw, I did not notice any other problems.

• Here is a test with my Minix U1.
    I firstly reflashed U1 with latest Minix 011 firmware, twice, just to be sure.
    Then i put sd card with LE 007 (only one without issue with U1), installed it to internal and tested reboots.
    10 reboots, 10 successful boots.
    The i updated to 010 with putting image file and device tree into update folder, rebooted and result are:
    - first restart after update hangs, needed power cycle.
    - 3 successful reboots and then hangs.
    - power cycle
    - 1 successful boot then hangs
    - power cycle
    - 2 successful boot then hangs
    - power cycle
    - 1 successful boot then hangs
    At this point i put sd card with 007 on it, rebooted, installed to internal again and results are.......10 successful reboots.
    Same is happening with latest dev build of 009.
    I will keep using 007 because for U1 is most stable one, no audio delay, HD audio is working, reboots are flawles. Wireless doesnt work but dont use it so dont care...
    Also a side note, boot from SD card is some 6-7 seconds, boot from internal is some 13-15 seconds, don't exactly know why because boot from internal should really be faster...its the same for 007, 009 and 010 LE versions. By boot time i mean the time Minix Android logo is shown. When actual LE starts to boot up internal version is faster.
    All off this is the same with Minix FW versions 010 and 011.