Posts by chielmi

Just want to send a thanks out. I installed the latest build on my Minix Neo and the audio starts right away on all my sources. No more waiting for it to kick in. There has also been improvements in seek time as well. A lot quicker.

Yes, same here! On my box the audio is completely in sync, without having to adapt anything (until now)! Excellent :cool:

Does anyone have any speed test data for the nexbox a95x? I have one with the stock rom and I mostly want to flash it Libre to solve wifi issues. I can barely get 5mbs even 5 meters away from the router.

I tried WiFi once after flashing LE, for me the WiFi bandwidth was as poor as with Android. Guess this box lacks a proper WiFi antenna...

No sound with USB boot of 7.3.011 2016-12-18

Model: NEXBOX-A95X 2G+8G
    Version: 6.01
    Build: NEXBOX-A95X-RTL8723BS-6.0.1-201611181620
    Connected via HDMI

Initial boot showed as ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO PCM (no sound)
    Switched to ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO HDMI (still no sound)

Log: WfXD

Any help would be appreciated, would be great to get this going - 170 MB memory use vs. 600+ in Android.

I have the same box (only difference is 16 vs 8 GB storage), sound over HDMI works fine for me. What device tree did you choose?

gxl_p212_2g.dtb is the right one for you!

Thanks for your help, unfortunatelu id doenst work on my case. The return button now doenst work at all (it used to open something like a progress bar on top).

But really thanks for the try

Can't you fix this with the Kodi Keymap addon?
    Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki
    I used it to map unused buttons (numbers 0-9) on my tiny Nexbox remote to functions in Kodi. I guess you can also use it to "learn" the command for the back button of your remote?

Sure, that makes sense! Going to try this :)

Edit: took me some time, total scripting n00b here :angel: . Couldn't get it to work from LE, but I managed to create a working solution.
    Mounted the addon directory of LE in my NAS. NAS sends the XML from the mount to the socket 6 times per day, using a simple script (based on HOWTO: Three ways to use xmltv.sock :(

Bash
    #!/bin/bash 
    curl='/usr/bin/curl'
    curl -d @/volume1/Media/xmltv/xmltv.xml -X POST -m 5 --unix-socket /volume1/@appstore/tvheadend-testing/var/epggrab/xmltv.sock http://google.com

This addon is working fine! My LE box (Nexbox A95X) fetches the XML correctly, but TVHeadend is running on my Synology NAS so I would like to be able to use it there.
    Of course I could copy the XML to my NAS, and send it to the xmltv.sock (using curl command). But is there a way to send the XML from LE to the xmltv.sock on my NAS?

I have just updated my Nexbox A95X (905X/2/16) to the latest development build. All working fine!

It took me a while though to figure out how to update my box, this was my first LE update. For whatever reason I thought I had to add both files in an Update folder on SD-card. After reading the LibreElec wiki, and finding the option to show hidden files in WinSCP, I figured out I had to add both files to the /storage/.update folder.

Thank you kszaq for your excellent build!