Posts by CGarces

Hi

I have a USB3.0 to SATA that works fine on my laptop

lsub show it as:

Code
    1. Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1f75:0621 Innostor Technology Corporation 

Everything looks fine on dmesg and the unit is mounted.

But it not works on S905 Libreelec 8.0.2

lsusb not show the device?

Code
    1. Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    2. Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
    3. Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

And dmesg show some error

This error can be solved?

In this thread you have a Leia build ready to test. Note that is on top of LE 9 not 8.2

I'm tring to flash the u-boot for my device using linux.

I have downloaded the last firmware and extracted it using this guide

now I have

now I need to "dd" one file to /dev/something.

But...

• Wich file I need to flash uboot aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT ? boot.PARTITION? bootloader.PARTITION?

Hi

I'm using the trasnmision addon v.8.1.13 with the comunity version 8.1.5 from @kszaq that use ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

I get the following error

Code
    1. Aug 21 22:57:15 LibreELEC sh[3757]: transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.39: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm not sure where the update script looks for updates but I see a folder thoradia/8.1/S905/arm/ at github but not one for thoradia/8.2/S905/arm/

It's the reason for the error or I need to look in another place?

Hi!

I have a hp mini 110 148a with libreelec 8.0.2

I need to work with the laptop as stand alone player but also connect to the TV using VGA cable.

I have 3 modes

-LVDS1 Works ok but not is the desired behaviour, I need VGA output.

-Default. LVDS and VGA works at de same time but VGA output show the entire window resized in a small frame.

-VGA1. When I change to this mode, the 2 outputs (VGA and laptop) goes to black, I only see the pointer on the VGA. So I do the following

• I click on left and press enter to accept the new configuration
    • reboot
    • After reboot, I see the window cropped (I not see en entire window, only a portion)
    • If I select "blank other displays" and reboot the system again I see the VGA at full screen

xrandr give me this values connected to one VGA external monitor:

Also mote that fn+f4 key that I assume that is used to change the output on windows, not works.

My questions are.

• How can I get proper logs to get more detailed information? specially to understand what happens when I select "VGA" and the screen goes to black.
    • How can I configure the fn+f4 button?
    • It's possible configure the "default" configuration and see the laptop and VGA at full screen at the same time?

Ultimately if there's no list, no discussion, no recommendations then it's just a lottery. I don't understand how that's better but hey-ho.

That's not true.

There is a set of officially supported devices with Amlogic Chipset, like Odroid or wetek devices.

About the list... no made sense at all as explained by mmpp

Maybe a list of wifi chipset not supported by the community build made more sense.

Hi.

I have made this small bash to check if one package is updated or not, using the github api.

• Only works for packages stored on github.
    • If the package use release numbers instead of commits, sometimes the release not is found at /repos/$OWNER/$REPO/releases/latest

Usage.
    ./getversion.sh github_user:github_pwd > results.out

Note that the $ROOT is hardcoded, and maybe bash is not my best skill. Is just a proof of concept.

I'm trying to configure transmision to start after mount my usb unit.

I have created one init.sh file at ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.transmission with this content

Code
    1. LibreELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.transmission # cat init.sh 
    2. systemctl start var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

I get this on the logs

Code
    1. Jan 01 01:00:16 LibreELEC sh[2493]: Failed to start var-media-sdax2dusbx2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount: Unit var-media-sdax2dusbx2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount not found.

I'm doing something wrong, but how can I get the correct unit name?

I am actually working on this, but I have big problems compiling Kszaqs build (even without any modifications :s ) and its hard to get help on LE, so I am working on trial and error. but my goal is to make it work, since his version seems better than AlexEleec (which seems more focused on getting pirated video working :( )

The reason I used AlexElec in the first place was because he had emulationstation working, I don not like the banned addons and a lot of the russian stuff, so I removed it all but it was not an easy task for me, since I am a complete newbie to the world of libreleec and compiling for linux in general.

I will keep you posted if a make Kszaqs build work with all my changes.

I have some free time in the weekend, fell free to ping me with the errors that you have and the github branch that you are using, maybe I can help.

I have a very strange error using 7.0.3.012i

My external USB2 HHD spin down frequently and stop working wile I'm playing some movie.

Previous versions was working fine and I don't remember any relevant change done on the system, just the version updates.

Is something different on the USB management on revision "i" or is my hdd dying?

Hi niabi

Have you considered start a fork of kszaq code instead of use the ones from AlexELEC (AlexELEC is kszaq + banned addons)?.

-It will made more easy to track changes between your code and the mainstream.
    -It's more easy rebase your changes to the last version of kszaq.
    -Made more easy send PR to kszaq if you find some error.
    -And last but not less important. Keep the commits history, maintaining the authorship of the original developers.