7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• nemus

Your flashing/booting problem is exactly like mine on mk808b pro as posted here.

Beware that if you choose "reboot from NAND" command from sd card, it might brick your device. This happens many times with my case.

• Dropped the new files for the image and the dtb into my A95x and my MXQ pro update folder. Rebooted and works like a charm. Not having to rename the dtb makes is much easier. Thanks for the update and change.
    :)

• nemus

Your flashing/booting problem is exactly like mine on mk808b pro as posted here.

Beware that if you choose "reboot from NAND" command from sd card, it might brick your device. This happens many times with my case.

Is there any truth in this? I don't see how it's possible to brick your box. You are only sending a reboot command.

• Is there any truth in this? I don't see how it's possible to brick your box. You are only sending a reboot command.

I mean this happens with my mk808b pro every time. Maybe it's only with this device specific issue. It should not happen with others, I guess.

But since nemus has exactly symptom like mine. So I think maybe this situation might happen too.

• I mean this happens with my mk808b pro every time. Maybe it's only with this device specific issue. It should not happen with others, I guess.

But since nemus has exactly symptom like mine. So I think maybe this situation might happen too.

I'm actually using a "Z9 PRO 4K" from Zenoplige... so not sure how that compares you your hardware. Like I said, booting from the LibreELEC on the SD or USB is fine. My biggest thing right now is seeking out the original Android firmware for the device so I can recover the 3 that I've messed up, so far :)

• What is the difference dtb.img files between .008 & .009 builds. Aren't they standart structures for the hardware? Has Linux kernel way of reading dtb images changed between builds? Given the same hardware existing working dtbs should work on .008 or .009, right?

EDIT: unless you have changed dts file to add more hardware support...stock dtb image might have missing hardware definitions..i get it slowly :)

Edited once, last by Albundy (November 10, 2016 at 3:43 AM).

• Is there any truth in this? I don't see how it's possible to brick your box. You are only sending a reboot command.

I think, streamboxes has poor nand protect, i have many times booted my Wetek play from microsd and without pressing pinhole.
    Many times nand must reflash after wrong image booting, nand was corrupted.

Edited once, last by Miks (November 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM).

• What is the difference dtb.img files between .008 & .009 builds. Aren't they standart structures for the hardware? Has Linux kernel way of reading dtb images changed between builds? Given the same hardware existing working dtbs should work on .008 or .009, right?

EDIT: unless you have changed dts file to add more hardware support...stock dtb image might have missing hardware definitions..i get it slowly :)

Amlogic is changing their drivers continuously, that's why device trees need to be updated. Take a look at commit log for device tree folder: History for arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic - kszaq/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM).

• Do we need to rename the dtb file to dtb.img? It seems like this is not needed with 009 but want to make sure.

In any event flashed by renaming to dtb.img and then flashed again without renaming.

Can someone please confirm, do I need to rename the generic device tree (for 009) to dtb.img, or do I copy it to the .update folder as downloaded - in my case - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb, or does it matter?

• I have problems with a bluetooth remote 2.4 GHZ. It turns out that when I press the small E key I leave the keyboard. If I put it in capital letters, no. Some other keys do not go well either. On Android goes perfect. What can it be?

• Hello guys and thank you for this amazing build.

I have a MINI M8S II 2GB and i just upgraded from 008 build to 009 but i have no sound at all in my TV either to my home cinema!

Can you help me?

The reason i made the update was to fix the ''return'' button in the remote control and it was fixed but i lost my sound.

Thank you

• Hi all, hi Kiszaq! great job...

so, time for my questions (mini M8IIs):

1. Is there any possibility to add the device tree after an upgrade version via ssh? Update do i a blind, because...

2. ...my TV (TCL 58") recognizes the device only in 1080p - switching to a higher resolution and the same booting do i w/o picture - 'no signal' on the screen. Is there any way to force it to 4k anyway?

Thnx!

• I have a MINI M8S II 2GB and i just upgraded from 008 build to 009 but i have no sound at all in my TV either to my home cinema!

genecic, Presuming you already update with the correct device tree, then simply go to Settings -> System Settings -> Audio and change the output back to HDMI or Analog.

After this update, default audio output is changed to Bluetooth. If the above input field is grayed, that means you didn't update the device tree.

• Hi,
    I installed this latest version to my Mini m8s II 1Gb Ram 8GB Rom Box and this is so much better than the one provided!!! I can now have DTH HD and smooth24P without any issue.

But I still have 2 probs....
    1- No CEC (LG TV and Box plugged to Yamaha receiver)
    2- I only see English as international language!
    Any help?
    Overall....very nice work

• Hi

first of all, great work. I have a Beelink Mini MX III II (S905x) and nearly everything is working perfect.
    Now since there are driver for Aigaile WiFi available, this is also working.

There is just a little problem. I put the sequence to load the driver into autostart.sh. It loads. I can select wifi in kodi and establish a connection.
    After a reboot this connection is gone. I have to deactivate and reactivate wifi in kodi and then the connection is established automatically. So it seems as the connection data are saved.

As I am using MySQL for storing the movie database this is a litle bit annoying as kodi does not initialise the database as long as kodi can't connect to the mysql server.
    Is there a way to integrate these driver in the normal startup process as I think that the drivers are loaded too late.

Greetings