Posts by nemus

I mean this happens with my mk808b pro every time. Maybe it's only with this device specific issue. It should not happen with others, I guess.

But since nemus has exactly symptom like mine. So I think maybe this situation might happen too.

I'm actually using a "Z9 PRO 4K" from Zenoplige... so not sure how that compares you your hardware. Like I said, booting from the LibreELEC on the SD or USB is fine. My biggest thing right now is seeking out the original Android firmware for the device so I can recover the 3 that I've messed up, so far :)

kszaq,

I seem to be having an odd problem.. perhaps you can help. I can do the toothpick method to boot from SD or USB (Device currently has Android installed) - device boots fine into LibreELEC. I then use the 'installtointernal' command and everything seems to go fine (no errors). Then I reboot.. now I have tried this 3 different ways.

A. Rebooting without the SD or USB in the device.. results in no boot screen at all.

B. Rebooting with the SD or USB in the device - I get the LibreELEC logo and LibreELEC boots but the second I remove the USB or SD, the device freaks out.

C. ^^ I've tried both of the above using the 'installtointernal' command twice like I saw you mention might have to be done.

Any thoughts as to what my problem might be?

Thanks!
    [hr]
    ^^ To follow up on what i posted before.. LibreELEC seems to remain running fine as long as I leave the SD or USB in the device.. (like I said, I tried with both types just to ensure I wasn't doing something wrong)

I realize I'm replying to myself.. but just wanted to let you know I figured out the issue. It was my copy of Ubuntu that was the issue - once I updated it and took the steps again, all was well Thanks for all your awesome work!

Hey there kszaq, I have a quick question and I want to make sure I'm not doing something really stupid.

I'm attempting to build your image from your Github (If I download 7.0.2.008 directly I have no problem with the hardware I'm using) - but for some reason, when I compile it.. (and I believe I'm doing that part correctly) and try to load via SD or USB.. the device bombs out at the recovery screen with an unable to load /misc error.

Here's what I'm doing (I'm doing this on an UBUNTU VM - but I've done the same thing before with OpenELEC)

I'm grabbing your code using git clone GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Then I'm going into the LibreELEC.tv directory
    then I'm running this command - PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make image

Am I doing something really stupid? As far as I can tell, that should be creating a duplicate of what you're hosting on your server as the 7.0.2.008 img.gz file, am I right? Because yours works fine but when I compile, like I said, I get that error.

Also - if this is the wrong thread for this question, let me know