[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Anyone here using 3D? Any comment on automatic switching patch introduced in 8.0.2d?

Hi kszaq,

First thank you for your great job, is awesome.

I am testing 3d with the last version, 8.0.2e installed on nand. My Device trees is gxl_p212_2g.dtb (26-Feb-2017).

I have two Mini M8S II 2G / 16G with Amlogic S905X.

The first TV Box is using with a Samsung UE55JU7000, a TV with active 3D and 4K resolution.

The second TV Box is using with a LG 42LB671V, a TV with passive 3D and FullHD resolution.

I tested it with Avatar movie naming like this /Movies/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).3d.htab.mkv

Kodi detect correctly that this is a 3D movie and the 3D mode is Top and Bottom.

When I play it for first time, automatically the TV turn on 3D TAB Mode correctly and the GUI of Kodi switch to 3D too.

In the LG TV with FullHD resolution 3D works fine and all was fantastic, you can rewind, turn on subtitles... When you stop the movie, TV turn off 3D and Kodi turn off 3D.

But in the 4K TV (Samsung), the TV detect 3D Mode, the GUI is in 3D Mode but the movie is shown above and below, as if I was viewing it in 2D and if I rewind the movie the TV turn off 3D and the GUI of kodi is duplicated there is a bug here.

However if in the System setting I changed the 4k resolution to Full HD the 3D movies works perfects like the LG TV.

In 4k, 3D doesn't work fine:

hDxCiu5.jpg

In 4k when you rewind, TV turn off 3D and kodi GUI duplicate:

Xbh1Hro.jpg

In Full HD 3D works perfects:

IsYXVpR.jpg

The movie is a FullHD 3D TAB.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope that you understand.

If you need something like a video or I test anything please tell me.

Edited 2 times, last by R91g (July 8, 2017 at 4:36 PM).

• Hi all, I have a 2016 vintage Amlogic Mini M8S s905 (NOT s905x) and so far I haven't been able to find a DTB.IMG file which will give me audio and bluetooth with my device - has anyone had any luck and can recommend a file please? Thank you.

• Hi all, I have a 2016 vintage Amlogic Mini M8S s905 (NOT s905x) and so far I haven't been able to find a DTB.IMG file which will give me audio and bluetooth with my device - has anyone had any luck and can recommend a file please? Thank you.

It should be one of these.

Index of /s905/device_trees/S905/

do you know if your box is a p200 or p201 ? try to find the one that matches your hardware as best as possible and rename to dtb.img.

• Procedures are described in detail by kszaq on the first page. You cant go wrong.

Let me help you out; just find the proper .dtb file from the location mentioned on the first page. Grab the proper one for your box (make sure memory and ethernet values match) and replace the file on your SDCard after burning the image. Boot. Done.

PS: Note that if you have a s905X box,or are using a existing device tree that works , replacing the device tree might not be needed. Just leave it.

Thank you for your reply. I have read the instructions that kszaq has posted. I forgot to mention that i own a KIII S905 and that i have installed LE in NAND. I am no longer booting via SD card and this is why i am asking. My ultimate goal is to have my ir remote operational again, ad my current airmouse (a non name chinese one) is not working properly.

• Thank you for your reply. I have read the instructions that kszaq has posted. I forgot to mention that i own a KIII S905 and that i have installed LE in NAND. I am no longer booting via SD card and this is why i am asking. My ultimate goal is to have my ir remote operational again, ad my current airmouse (a non name chinese one) is not working properly.

Just stick the dtb.img in the update folder. Then reboot,

• Hi,

I tried to install 8.0.2e on my new MXQ pro 4K with a S905x. I followed above procedure and used this device tree: gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb

When use the toothpick method to get into recovery mode it does not start libreelec but shows the screen as attached. I tried all functies in the menu but non did something useful. I tried different device trees, but all with the same result. I also tried to reinstall the usb card. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

many thanks,

wessel