Posts by vanhorzen

vanhorzen S905/X devices come with 3.14.29 kernel and they show board number in recovery. I suspect you may have a Rockchip version of MXQ. Download CPU-Z from Play Store in Android and make sure you have a S905X device.

Omg. Just ran cpu-z. It tunes out to be a rockchip3066. Is this chip as good as the s905x or have I been scammed? It said s905x on the box AND during boot.

Now we know the chipset, can I install libreelec?

Thanks for all your help

I doubt that it would make a difference. Are you absolutely positive that you have a p212 (i.e did you check in Android first)? There are so many MXQ 4k variants out there....

Just to be sure: are you using a USB stick or are you using an SD Card? The SD Card always boots, the USB variant only has one USB port from which it will boot from (which is a matter of trial and error really)

I assume P212 refers to the chip? I am positive I have the S905x (says so on boot). To be specific:

-amlogic 64 bit quad core A53 (S905x)

-kodi calls it: ARMV7 Rev 5 (V71)

-Kodi GPU info: Mali-400 MP

The preinstalled android version is 6.0.1 (security patch March 1, 2016. This is very old...)

Kernel 3.10.0

Buildnr:

MXQ Pro user.ard-50.20170512.083249

When I tried to update android in the settings section I received the error: "settings has stopped" nothing else. Settings was in fact still working. So there seems to be something going on here. I will try the update trick described by kostaman tonight, but I am afraid I will get the same error.

keep you posted and thanks for your help

Try using the 'terminal' method as described in the first post/FAQ and see if that works. Also; do not use the Nand version, but the p212_1g.dtb file.

I have the exact same box and used the above method and that never fails for me nor other users.

I tried straight away. replaced the dtb and used the terminal emulator to reboot. Unfortunately the same result. I also tried the toothpick method again. no luck. DO you also use the 802e or should I try an older version. would that help?

regards,

wessel

Hi,

I tried to install 8.0.2e on my new MXQ pro 4K with a S905x. I followed above procedure and used this device tree: gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb

When use the toothpick method to get into recovery mode it does not start libreelec but shows the screen as attached. I tried all functies in the menu but non did something useful. I tried different device trees, but all with the same result. I also tried to reinstall the usb card. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

many thanks,

wessel