[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Try using the 'terminal' method as described in the first post/FAQ and see if that works. Also; do not use the Nand version, but the p212_1g.dtb file.

I have the exact same box and used the above method and that never fails for me nor other users.

• Try using the 'terminal' method as described in the first post/FAQ and see if that works. Also; do not use the Nand version, but the p212_1g.dtb file.

I have the exact same box and used the above method and that never fails for me nor other users.

I tried straight away. replaced the dtb and used the terminal emulator to reboot. Unfortunately the same result. I also tried the toothpick method again. no luck. DO you also use the 802e or should I try an older version. would that help?

regards,

wessel

• I tried straight away. replaced the dtb and used the terminal emulator to reboot. Unfortunately the same result. I also tried the toothpick method again. no luck. DO you also use the 802e or should I try an older version. would that help?

regards,

wessel

I doubt that it would make a difference. Are you absolutely positive that you have a p212 (i.e did you check in Android first)? There are so many MXQ 4k variants out there....

Just to be sure: are you using a USB stick or are you using an SD Card? The SD Card always boots, the USB variant only has one USB port from which it will boot from (which is a matter of trial and error really)

• I'm using libreelec since version 8.0, installed on sd card. Is memory installation better? Will the device run even faster (GUI)?

I haven't noticed any speed difference between decent SD card (Sandisk 80 MB/s) and internal memory. Fast enough both.

• I doubt that it would make a difference. Are you absolutely positive that you have a p212 (i.e did you check in Android first)? There are so many MXQ 4k variants out there....

Just to be sure: are you using a USB stick or are you using an SD Card? The SD Card always boots, the USB variant only has one USB port from which it will boot from (which is a matter of trial and error really)

I assume P212 refers to the chip? I am positive I have the S905x (says so on boot). To be specific:

-amlogic 64 bit quad core A53 (S905x)

-kodi calls it: ARMV7 Rev 5 (V71)

-Kodi GPU info: Mali-400 MP

The preinstalled android version is 6.0.1 (security patch March 1, 2016. This is very old...)

Kernel 3.10.0

Buildnr:

MXQ Pro user.ard-50.20170512.083249

When I tried to update android in the settings section I received the error: "settings has stopped" nothing else. Settings was in fact still working. So there seems to be something going on here. I will try the update trick described by kostaman tonight, but I am afraid I will get the same error.

keep you posted and thanks for your help

• vanhorzen S905/X devices come with 3.14.29 kernel and they show board number in recovery. I suspect you may have a Rockchip version of MXQ. Download CPU-Z from Play Store in Android and make sure you have a S905X device.

• vanhorzen S905/X devices come with 3.14.29 kernel and they show board number in recovery. I suspect you may have a Rockchip version of MXQ. Download CPU-Z from Play Store in Android and make sure you have a S905X device.

Omg. Just ran cpu-z. It tunes out to be a rockchip3066. Is this chip as good as the s905x or have I been scammed? It said s905x on the box AND during boot.

Now we know the chipset, can I install libreelec?

Thanks for all your help

• vanhorzen You've been scammed, sorry. RK3066 is at least 2 generations behind S905/X, also no LE for you.

Considering it's really Android 6.0, I suspect you might have RK3229, which is not that bad, but not good either.

• Interesting and yes Kszaq I love 3D even with my 5 year old 46" Samsung Series 7 LED TV which still has an excellent picture by any accounts. Never understood why 3D did not take odff especially now with LG passive 3D with 4K which finally makes this 3D system rock.

Anyway back to the point. Nothign happens auotmatically with Krypton and I am usign the latest LE 8.0.2e which in all other respects rocks on my first calsss Beelink MXIII II box. So many thanks as always Kszaq for yoruj great work and those that add to your efforts too.

So R91g how did you get this auto swtiching to happen on yrouj TV and Krypton GUI ?? Is there a settign I have missed somewhere or is it because mmy TV is too old. Hmm wonderign if I have to enable CEC on my box. KODI does not detect my SBS 3D 1080 version of Avatar at all all I get is the side by side images and have to then manually push teh TV into 3D SBS mode. Once doen the KODI bottom of screen icons are duplicated and virtually unreadable. I can manually force KODI into 3D mode so the icons appear correctly but then have the hassle of settign that back to normal as always. Any help appreciated.

• I have a 905x box running 8.0.2d, it has 2 Gigs RAM, but only reports 1Gig (well a little less). So which of the 3 2Gig device trees should I use? Do I need to rename the file in /storage/.update to dtb.img before I reboot or leave it as is & the update process will do the right thing?

• I have a 905x box running 8.0.2d, it has 2 Gigs RAM, but only reports 1Gig (well a little less). So which of the 3 2Gig device trees should I use? Do I need to rename the file in /storage/.update to dtb.img before I reboot or leave it as is & the update process will do the right thing?

Code
    gxl_p212_2g.dtb 
  • I put the file in /storage/.update, rebooted.

It still only shows 1Gig.

LibreELEC:~ # free

total used free shared buffers cached

Mem: 844040 283696 560344 0 42536 131920

-/+ buffers/cache: 109240 734800

Swap: 0 0 0

Edited once, last by meadrocks (July 11, 2017 at 3:39 AM).