Posts by meadrocks

I'd try scp DVD.iso MyHost:/dev/null, since that doesn't really use any local media on the LePotato to be failing. If that fails I'd look @ CPU temp, or it's a flaky box.

I have 2 Xgody TX3 PRO boxes, took them apart to verify they have amlogic 905w soc chip, 1 Gig RAM. I have tried both toothpick method & "reboot update" from the command line in android, neither will boot from the sd mem card or either USB slot. I'm using the default dtb that comes with the image distribution. Has anyone had luck getting this box to boot LE from a mem card or USB? Thanks.

Problem fixed. I was using the default dtb that came with the distribution. Once I replaced it with gxl_p212_1g.dtb all is well.

I have 2 Xgody TX3 PRO boxes, took them apart to verify they have amlogic 905w soc chip, 1 Gig RAM. I have tried both toothpick method & "reboot update" from the command line in android, neither will boot from the sd mem card or either USB slot. I'm using the default dtb that comes with the image distribution. Has anyone had luck getting this box to boot LE from a mem card or USB? Thanks.

you might have tried some of these, boot from usb, try all ports, burn image using rufus, try another sd card.

Confirm the exact box you have, ie processor, ram different device tree

I tried all USB ports. When using the toothpick method I could see it was trying to mount the SD card slot & failing, when I insert a SD card I don't see that error, so I believe its mounting & reading the SD card.

According to the splash screen its a 905x CPU, and it was advertised w/ 1 Gig RAM, so I was just using the default dtb.img file.

I imaged the USB drive & SD card with dd on a Ubuntu linux pc, I don't do MS Windows products.

The exact box is in the original post. It can be searched on ebay with what was in the post. I believe the forum discourages links to hardware.

I bought a Pro S905x Android 6 Smart TV BOX Marshmallow Quad Core 8GB on ebay. $30, 8 GB emmc, 1 GB RAM. Should arrive in a week. I'll install Kszaq 8.1.1 LE Kodi build, report back on the experience. So far this seems cheap for a 905x box. It also comes with a wireless keyboard.

Well try as I might, I can't seem to get the box to boot LE. I've installed terminal emulator & typed "reboot update", as well as the toothpick method. The toothpick method appears to read the SD card slot but on reboot boots android.

Any help is appreciated.

It means it has only 1 GB RAM. Several manifacturer put fake RAM chips into their boxes and even prepare the Android to fake the amount of RAM.

To prove it you can run an android app which can reserve memory and you will see it crashes when it is out of the real amount of RAM.

Nothing to do with it. You can buy another one.

What is a good android app that can test the RAM? I have several boxes that Android states 2Gig RAM but LE reports 1Gig, and the other dtb files don't allow the box to boot. So it seems I may be in the same boat.