[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi,

I tried to find the answer myself, but did not find a similar case in the forum.

I just bougth a S905X with 2Gb RAM from amazon (B01FNWLL9I). (I previously owned a S905/1Gb/gigabit ethernet version, but it is crashing when I try to open a picture folder, with the RAM usage going to 100%, so I decided to replace it with this 2gb version to be able to look at my photos)

The new one is booting ok with the default dtb, but the reported RAM amount is incorrect. It says 1Gb (800Mb to be precise). I checked on Android, and it really have 2Gb. I tried others dtb (all from this page Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/), but the box does not boot for any of them. If I put back the original one, i boot again, but using only half of the RAM...

Any soution ? Should I extract my android dtb ? (Is there a tuto for that).

Thank you.

• Hello,

can we just put the tar and the dtb.img into the .update folder to upgrade from LE 8.0 ?

If not, is there a way to update both at the same time ?

regards

PS: I'm using internal memory

• The new one is booting ok with the default dtb, but the reported RAM amount is incorrect. It says 1Gb (800Mb to be precise). I checked on Android, and it really have 2Gb. I tried others dtb (all from this page Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/), but the box does not boot for any of them. If I put back the original one, i boot again, but using only half of the RAM...

It means it has only 1 GB RAM. Several manifacturer put fake RAM chips into their boxes and even prepare the Android to fake the amount of RAM.

To prove it you can run an android app which can reserve memory and you will see it crashes when it is out of the real amount of RAM.

Nothing to do with it. You can buy another one.

• can we just put the tar and the dtb.img into the .update folder to upgrade from LE 8.0 ?

If not, is there a way to update both at the same time ?

Ive never tried to update the LE in internal but putting the .tar file and the dtb to the .update folder is the preferred way to update.

• It means it has only 1 GB RAM. Several manifacturer put fake RAM chips into their boxes and even prepare the Android to fake the amount of RAM.

To prove it you can run an android app which can reserve memory and you will see it crashes when it is out of the real amount of RAM.

Thank you very much for your quick and precise response. I will send it back to amazon.

Can someone give me a link to a 2Gb (or 3 since there is a dtb) with a S905/S905X, and not too expensive ?

Best regards.

• The MeCool M8S Pro Plus for less than $40 US is the best Amlogic S905X box on the market now. This MeCool M8S Plus is about as close to perfection as you can get. One button brings up the Chrome web browser (typing on it now), another button takes me back to the home screen.
    It plays Netflix in 1080P with DD+ and YouTube in 4K, my live TV streams play flawlessly, including the interlaced mpeg2 streams.
    Kodi plays my BluRay rips perfectly with HD audio.
    Edit: All this for $38 US, with free shipping.

Wrxtasy's method of installing LibreELEC instructions.

Best microSDHC cards for LibreELEC Kodi = Samsung EVO(+), Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1

Follow LibreELEC install to a SD card - instructions from:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...905x/?pageNo=1

After flashing LibreELEC image, copy both dtb.img and remote.conf files to SD card:

Index of /MECOOL/

Insert SD card, Hold in Reset button as show in this Post while you power up the MECOOL, wait till LibreELEC Logo appears and release button.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...688#post660688

In Kodi's power menu select "Reboot from Internal" to reboot to Android.

• This is not correct at all. I don't think you understand what I wrote in my earlier posts. I purposely disabled suspend in my builds. I think we need to end this discussion. Please wait for a solution.

yes, you're right..you cannot support "all" possible buggy firmwares/vendors.

Anyways, for those who want to go with the suspend enabled because their boxes supports it, here you go:

MEGA

it's 8.1.6 with suspend enabled.

cheers

• It means it has only 1 GB RAM. Several manifacturer put fake RAM chips into their boxes and even prepare the Android to fake the amount of RAM.

What is a good android app that can test the RAM? I have several boxes that Android states 2Gig RAM but LE reports 1Gig, and the other dtb files don't allow the box to boot. So it seems I may be in the same boat.

• What is a good android app that can test the RAM? I have several boxes that Android states 2Gig RAM but LE reports 1Gig, and the other dtb files don't allow the box to boot. So it seems I may be in the same boat.

perhaps type 'free' in Linux terminal

• Thank you very much for your quick and precise response. I will send it back to amazon.

Can someone give me a link to a 2Gb (or 3 since there is a dtb) with a S905/S905X, and not too expensive ?

Best regards.

I can recommend beelink mini mxiii ii (~50) or if you want bundled dvb tuner mecool KI pro. Both of them have working wifi under current builds.

You can find them at GearBest.