[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Well answered my own question.

If when running your sd card build your remote doesn't work, and you type installtointernal to try and fix your internal install... Yeah the remote won't work... Bugger.

Just please read the forum posts regarding remote.conf file to get your remtoe wroking to your box. There is a specioal forum sectiopn regarding remotes and it is really quite easy to make your own remote conf file to work with your device. Please go read the remote configurtation section of this forum by going to this thread called Create remote.conf from scratch Just checked and it is easy to find by lookign in the list of this forum's threads but hey you can just click on that name as it is also a link of course.

I made my own for my Beelink MXIII II S905x box and it is spot on and does all I wanted and even more fucntions too that I mapped into it like a remote button for play/pause for example. Must get around to posting my Beelink remote.conf file in there as should be useful to many with this same box running LE8.

• Just please read the forum posts regarding remote.conf file to get your remtoe wroking to your box. There is a specioal forum sectiopn regarding remotes and it is really quite easy to make your own remote conf file to work with your device. Please go read the remote configurtation section of this forum by going to this thread called Create remote.conf from scratch Just checked and it is easy to find by lookign in the list of this forum's threads but hey you can just click on that name as it is also a link of course.

I made my own for my Beelink MXIII II S905x box and it is spot on and does all I wanted and even more fucntions too that I mapped into it like a remote button for play/pause for example. Must get around to posting my Beelink remote.conf file in there as should be useful to many with this same box running LE8.

I've got an identical box working perfectly on 8.1.4... Is there some way I can get the remote.conf from that box and paste it via samba to the box without the remote working. I did read that remote.conf post a looooong time ago, but to be honest seemed very time consuming. Luck for me at the time, I didn't need it. I did remember having trouble locating the remote.conf from samba. And the autostart.sh file from memory also... (which I know has nothing to do with my remote.)

• I just want to let you know that I am using these builds now for several months on my Nexbox A95X (S905X) and it has been a joy to use. The Android firmware was rubbish but with the kszaq builds this box works flawlessly for me in my simple environment (plasma 1080P with stereo amp no surround).

Thumbs up!

• I've got an identical box working perfectly on 8.1.4... Is there some way I can get the remote.conf from that box and paste it via samba to the box without the remote working.

Yep. Do that.

There's plenty of info throughout these forums on copying files to/from these boxes using SSH / Samba (you can even copy from box to SD then SD to new box. Just go and read some of the earlier posts of those asking similar questions and you'll find out how.:cool:

• All changes are included in the changelog. The reasons for not including suspend have been explained many times. I have not yet developed a way to make it configurable. PRs welcome.

Hi

But is not possible to select the "power saving" action in the Kodi settings?

We can unlock "sleep" there, so we are ok with the power saving

Then we can add an option in the shutdown menu of Kodi

The remaining problem is when you press the remote power button. I am not sure what we can do with it, since it triggers the ACPI KEY_POWER event at Linux side, but maybe we can live with it for the moment.

• Suspend is enabled/disabled at systemd level for applications like Kodi. If I enable it, it becomes the default action for power button, CEC poweroff etc. I will not enable something that would force unaware users to power cycle their devices by unplugging power. The only solution I can accept is to make the systemd configuration file available to the user so that it can be manually enabled.

• thank you for all your time and enjoyment you get from developing this kszaq - please remember that all non-developers always see issues as a ''simple fix'' and one which would only take 5 minutes of your time to implement, but we know and appreciate how much time it does take.

• Yep. Do that.

There's plenty of info throughout these forums on copying files to/from these boxes using SSH / Samba (you can even copy from box to SD then SD to new box. Just go and read some of the earlier posts of those asking similar questions and you'll find out how.:cool:

I SSHd in using winscp... Copied the libreelec.conf from one box working ok and tried to overwrite the libreelec.conf on the dodgy box... It is a read only file. Fml

• Just please read the forum posts regarding remote.conf file to get your remtoe wroking to your box. There is a specioal forum sectiopn regarding remotes and it is really quite easy to make your own remote conf file to work with your device. Please go read the remote configurtation section of this forum by going to this thread called Create remote.conf from scratch Just checked and it is easy to find by lookign in the list of this forum's threads but hey you can just click on that name as it is also a link of course.

Ray,

I have read the forums and I am half way creating the remote.conf I want, thanks to help from Poida.

The reason for my post was I remember reading that if I didn't need/use LIRC that my remote may work without a remote.conf, I could be misunderstanding the post?

The issue I have at the moment is finding a complete list of key action codes. I eventually found an incomplete list, it only goes up to code 2XX, when I know that there are codes in the 3XX range.

Do you have a list you can share, or can point me in the right direction for a complete list including the 3XX codes?

• Suspend is enabled/disabled at systemd level for applications like Kodi. If I enable it, it becomes the default action for power button, CEC poweroff etc. I will not enable something that would force unaware users to power cycle their devices by unplugging power. The only solution I can accept is to make the systemd configuration file available to the user so that it can be manually enabled.

But are you talking about the systemd default ACPI actions? So Kodi will actually issue an ACPI event and not just running a poweroff?

• I SSHd in using winscp... Copied the libreelec.conf from one box working ok and tried to overwrite the libreelec.conf on the dodgy box... It is a read only file. Fml

Copy from /tmp/remote.conf (working box) to /storage/.config/remote.conf .

• Hello

I have small problem!!

Automatic connection to wired network with Static IP address do not work like it should.

After every restart of libreelec there is no wired network.

Libreelec "connections/wired" tab status says "ready" not "online", but there is no data transfer till I reconnect on/off wired "network/active" tab.

Only after that action I get internet and my NAS folders, addons and librarys works.

"connecion/wired/edit/Connections/connect automatically is selected to "ON"

Wait for network before start Kodi I manually setup to 15-25 sec but nothing helps

log:

hEPK

nazLsezm.jpg

yhHpfLFm.jpg

Oy2M2cym.jpg

• But are you talking about the systemd default ACPI actions? So Kodi will actually issue an ACPI event and not just running a poweroff?

It's not ACPI but it doesn't matter in this case. Kodi issues power-related commands using systemd (in LibreELEC).

• So the limitation is common to all the Libreelec platform

I see that in Windows there are multiple, selectable, "exit mode", I think this is the approach to follow

• So the limitation is common to all the Libreelec platform

I see that in Windows there are multiple, selectable, "exit mode", I think this is the approach to follow

This is not correct at all. I don't think you understand what I wrote in my earlier posts. I purposely disabled suspend in my builds. I think we need to end this discussion. Please wait for a solution.

• As workaround, perhaps, you could ask the dhcp server to always give that same address for the mac address of the TV Box.

At least that's what I do. It makes the address 'kind of ' static.