Posts by pipo1000

I just want to let you know that I am using these builds now for several months on my Nexbox A95X (S905X) and it has been a joy to use. The Android firmware was rubbish but with the kszaq builds this box works flawlessly for me in my simple environment (plasma 1080P with stereo amp no surround).

Thumbs up!

All my 1080p content is fine too.

Your TV only understands 1080p so I assume the player downscales 2160p?

It looks like the player is downscaling indeed, as my screen only accepts 1080p at 8 and 10bits. I played your samsung 2160p demo on my 1080p plasma and the picture is great, without macroblocking and flickering. I sat on my knees in front of the screen staring at the blue in between the clouds but I can not see any problem.

I cannot really expect you to address something that only I experience - I understand that. ;)
    I am wondering if maybe my power supply is the root cause, but then why would it cause flicker and macroblocking only on very specific videos...

Pure desperation, I know. :rolleyes:

I do only have an 'old' plasma 1080p 42gt60 screen to test on, but my Nexbox A95X S905X do not show these problems on my television. Just my 2 cents.

Add back a BBC DVB-T dropped frame fix.

Just wanted to let you know, and not very important for me but I just tested testing7 and the BBC One video still judders, it seems dec_control is 0 instead of 4;

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/dec_control

Thanks for your hard work, it is a real pain to find a balance between all the big and little issues with the amlogic code.

It looks like the 20170515 updates fixed the inverse image, I'll look into it. For the BBC One file with shudders, could you try the following before playback? echo 4 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/dec_control

This works, now the BBC One video is playing correctly without stutters. :) By the way with the stutters it looks like the playing is dropping 2 to 3 frames each second. What does this setting do and does it have any side-effects?

I just tested testing6 on my 42GT60 plasma with Nexbox A95X (905X). I have gathered some testing video files over the time from this forum and some do not work;

Good and works:

Tested some movies / series in mkv4 h264

Sony Camp 4K Demo.mp4

Bad:

Escape to the Country-BBC ONE HD2017-04-0415-00-1.ts - shudders (shudder also with testing4)

Sony_BRAVIA_OLED_HDR.mp4 - image is inverse (works with testing4)

I am testing your builds on my Pana 42GT60 however the panel is not showing which mode (422,444,420, 8bit, 10bit) is being used and I do now own AVR which does. The only thing the Pana tells you is 1080 24Hz. Is there a cat /proc/something or debug setting to check which output mode the Amlogic chip / Kodi / LE is using? As both default Kodi debug OSD infos are not showing much in depth info too. Thanks!