[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I tested a 4k full bluray HDR 10bit with DTS-HD 60gb. On a t95x s905x the device has trouble to stay in sync with audio and sometimes it eve loses audio output. It only restore by reopening the file... i play the file via ethernet 100mbit from NAS

File info? I have a few 10 bit 2160p hdr10 files around that size that work well, all 23.976fps, and I do audio passthrough with hdmi. For 60fps I haven't played longer than test files, so can't comment (I know there's one "high framerate" 60fps movie out).

BTW: if you're 10bit/hdr capable, you shouldn't be using krypton which is incapable of full 10 bit video output (can do 10 bit output, but video is cut down to 8 bit first resulting in banding).

Edit: because of guy below me, I also use network, but don't use samba. If you're okay on external drive, maybe try a different network protocol with less overhead?

Edited once, last by johngalt (May 2, 2017 at 7:51 AM).

• It's not possible to "fix" it because of the way how bootloader determines partition sizes.

Thanks for the info Kszaq. I thought it was somethign to do with the boxes partition size and now I know that. Not a big problem anyway just thoguht it worth asking.

BTW the new "i" build its working very well on my Beelink MXIII II 2/16GB box and can confrim that the Suspend mode works fine, though when I bring the box back up it still has the Power Options screen with Suspend highlighted on the screen, which is easily removed of course with the Back button on the remote.
    As always many thanks for all your superb work and only hope you enjoy those well deserved cups of coffee we send you :) Be more coming for sure just as soon as I get some new supply of coffee in ;)

• With the t95x 1gb if I set them up on one tv (samsung) then move it to another tv it takes about 5 power out and on to boot and all I get is a kernel crash with white writing,anyone got any ideas please?

• As always many thanks for all your superb work and only hope you enjoy those well deserved cups of coffee we send you :) Be more coming for sure just as soon as I get some new supply of coffee in ;)

Thank you. :)

8.0.1j posted in OP. Some experimental changes from 8.0.1i are reverted now to fix a/v sync.

• Thank you. :)

8.0.1j posted in OP. Some experimental changes from 8.0.1i are reverted now to fix a/v sync.

Thanks for the update! Did the logs I posted earlier have any added value for you and/or do you have a suggestion why RWD might not work properly? I just tested 'j'and the behaviour is still the same. As an added note; the time in the timebar is going back, the screen is just frozen. If I hit play again, I can see the time moving fwd, but the screen is frozen still. If I stop the film, Kodi will prompt to take off again at the time I hit stop and work fine after that.

So it seems that the system keeps track of where it is RWD to, but the screen just does not want to go along with it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the hard works as usual, coffee money is on its way :)

I just tested 'j'and the behaviour is still the same. As an added note; the time in the timebar is going back, the screen is just frozen. If I hit play again, I can see the time moving fwd, but the screen is frozen still. If I stop the film, Kodi will prompt to take off again at the time I hit stop and work fine after that.

Confirmed:
    - freezes (mostly when seeking back)
    - still some frame drops (tested on 1080p h264)
    - frequency switches twice at 30fps files

Edited once, last by yatoya (May 2, 2017 at 1:53 PM).

• Is anyone else having problems with networking?

I mean when I connect wirelessly it works fine until I reboot, when I reboot the network is forgotten.
    I also noticed when using LAN I get a new IP-address assigned on every reboot, seems that LibreELEC isn't saving or loading my network settings? Can I solve this somehow? I'm using a OTT MXQ PRO 4K (Amlogic S905).

Try this: (assuming Windows network)

Adding an SMB source within Kodi
    When using the Adding_video_sources procedure, select 'Windows network (SMB)
    Select your Server or shared folder
    Name this Video Source however you like.
    Save. OK.

• Am i missing something here !
    My codecinfo pressing "o" key does not bring that info text looking like what you show.
    My Screenshot.

One screenshots shows PlayerProcessInfo, and the other one PlayerDebug ;)

(there was only CodecInfo with Jarvis)

Edited once, last by Fredouye (May 2, 2017 at 1:19 PM).

• Am i missing something here !
    My codecinfo pressing "o" key does not bring that info text looking like what you show.
    My Screenshot.

apologies, i get this when i hold "i" at kodi remote.
    it looks like codecinfo is now called playerdebug

Edited once, last by frequenzy (May 2, 2017 at 1:18 PM).

• One screenshots shows PlayerProcessInfo, and the other one PlayerDebug

So i missed Player Debug !
    I just tried Long Press "i" on keyboard and that didn't work displaying Player Debug ?
    Sorry my main box is Jarvis.
    I use the MiniMx s905 1gb/8gb for Krypton Testing.