[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I purchased a "3gb ram s905x" from Geekbuying (Z69 Android 6.0 3GB/32GB 4K UHD Smart TV BOX) but its stuttering a lot when I try any video.

How do I install librelec onto this box? I'm not sure which version to install

Hi, I've got the same and managed to get it working today!

I used an SD card to burn the latest 8,2 image to it ( LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.5.img.gz )

And used the new device tree for 3gb ( gxl_p212_3g.dtb )

Used an empty update.zip in the root of the SD, to update it with the installed update app in the Android software.

Works like a charm!

Wifi works as well.

After this I installed LE to the internal system.

• Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've never done this before so I don't suppose you could PM me with a step by step guide on exactly how its done? I don't want to brick the box! Once I do it once, I'll be able to do it easy any other time

• I don't want to brick the box!

Installation on SD will not brick the box.

Beelink mini mxiii-ii S905X 2/16 Gb / Beelink mini mxiii-ii S905X 2/32 Gb

Sabrent USB 2.0 Gigabit Ethernet [ASIX AX88178 Chipset]
    Denon AVR X3300 - Samsung FHD TV

Pioneer SC-LX501 - Sony KD-55xd8505 TV(4k HDR)

• I am planning to purchase the same one.

Did you try to use wireless air mouse? On my Android S812 I am using TSM01 and wonder will it work on Libreelec too.

• Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've never done this before so I don't suppose you could PM me with a step by step guide on exactly how its done? I don't want to brick the box! Once I do it once, I'll be able to do it easy any other time

It's really simple, just do the steps as I said above:

Download the firmware, burn it to a USB or SD using Rufus (Google for Rufus software)

Place an empty update.zip on the usb or sd card.

Place the correct device tree on the usb or sd card ( the 3gig I mentioned)

Start your z69, go to apps, insert usb or sgo to update/backup.

Select the update.zip.

After this press "update"

Wait a few minutes, box will reboot and Libreelec will be installed!

Keep the USB or SD inside to the box will boot Libreelec when you restart it!

• I am planning to purchase the same one.

Did you try to use wireless air mouse? On my Android S812 I am using TSM01 and wonder will it work on Libreelec too.

No I use CEC so I don't know!

But in the living room I use an air mouse, a MeLe F10 deluxe and it works great!

Libreelec supports many of these devices.