[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

Unfortunately there are still some 1080p frame skips in 8.0.1h.
    I thought they were gone starting in 8.0.1g, but I tested another remux last night which caused Krypton to skip the occasional frame again (2 within 5 minutes).

Jarvis is just so much more stable in that regard.
    For instance, whenever I open the overlay in a video for the first time (just pressing OK in video), Krypton always skips at least one frame.
    That does not happen in Jarvis.

There also seems to be a significant input delay (or sluggish reaction time) in videos for remote control commands.

I can confirm major frame skips using 'h' build. They are present in all 1080p and 1440p.
    Remote control reaction is slow.

• Good to hear/read, thank you. I will update later and test it myself.

Alright, I was watching TV for around 30 minutes without a problem
    until that purple banding thing appeared again, but just for some
    seconds.

I went to bed at this point. So, I cannot say, if that was just one little
    incident or just the beginning of more of it again.
    [hr]

Alright, I was watching TV for around 30 minutes without a problem
    until that purple banding thing appeared again, but just for some
    seconds.

I went to bed at this point. So, I cannot say, if that was just one little
    incident or just the beginning of more of it again.

... and that thing even appears now on played files, not only TV streaming.

Back to 8d for now. :)

Edited once, last by sYCO (April 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM).

• I can confirm major frame skips using 'h' build. They are present in all 1080p and 1440p.
    Remote control reaction is slow.

after I installed this I haven't noticed anything different with the remote sure the some of the buttons are different like my volume up actually moves things up and volume down moves things down when I'm choosing movies ect. that's about the only problem I have incounterd but that's not mmuch of a issue to me and the response time is responsive there in no delay at all.

• I have a 905x with 2/16 setup. I have 801e installed to NAND and LE reports 2 Gigs RAM. When do I need to use the .dtb file? I'm about to upgrade to 801h by copying the 801h.img.gz file to the /storage/.update directory & do a reboot, should I also copy gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb to the same dir?
    Thanks.

• Maybe all those things has something to do with refresh rate?
    In order to apply latency delay in advancedsettings the script must have set override in adjustrefreshrate section.
    Example:

Code
    <latency>
    <refresh>
    <rate>24</rate>
    <delay>0</delay>
    </refresh>
    </latency>

has no effect no matter what values the delay has. The same script works perfectly with Jarvis.
    But when overrides are set the latency works:

I'm not an expert but latency should work without refresh rates overrides. It works with Jarvis.

• Which "version 7" exactly? What device tree you used then?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You have so many versions released now, I don't really remember which version worked well with WiFi card. I guess the last stable version of 7.0.3j worked well.
    Or anyone using kii pro having a working WiFi with your latest build could confirm pls..

• not sure if its a bug or not as lastweek my pvr was all good but this week after I put the 8.0.1h on now the pvr kicks me randomly and sometimes skips. even if I turn acceleration off

• here is what you have asked for.

KeHX

Even in your latest build my KII Pro fails to detect wireless network. i dont know why. am i doing anything wrong> i am choosing the correct dtb file(2gb 100Mb Realtekwifi.dtb)
    Can you help me to make my wifi in KII Pro work ?

Are you sure it has realtekwifi, or does it have a broadcom chip?

• Maybe all those things has something to do with refresh rate?
    In order to apply latency delay in advancedsettings the script must have set override in adjustrefreshrate section.
    Example:
    [...]
    has no effect no matter what values the delay has. The same script works perfectly with Jarvis.

In builds with pre-Nougat kernel Kodi is not aware of fractional frame rates. Now it is. You have to set delay for fractional rates or it won't work.

• I can see more clearly now what the problem with my MiniX3 II is.
    Made a factory Android reset and new Libreelec Installation on SDCard.

There are 2 Partitions, the 512 MB Partition with FAT32 called LIBREELEC
    and the second Linux Partition generated from libreelec on first boot called LIBREELEC_DISK
    The Android System can not access this Partition.

Everytime when "i boot from internal" this partition is marked as corrupted from Android System Memory

Is there a way so solve this ?

To be perfectly blunt get rid of the crappy Android, personally I see no use for it only a resource hog and a much inferior way of running KODI with the other Android apps not wanted and not needed AFAIC. This external card/disk access is always the same with Android being both klunky and more restricted as it has to make an Android folder on your SD card or USB stick to be able to read/write to it following a reboot with the card in the slot.

Personally I strip Android off of my boxes as soon as possible, once it is tested to LE8 from a bootable SD card and then I installtointernal straight away and bingo I then have the best KODI box you could ever wish to have IMHO.

Those two partitions on your bootable LE SD card are just as they should be for running LE from an SD card and then for installing it to internal an dgetting rid of the unwanted Android. Once LE is installed to internal remove that bootable SD card and you can freely put in a normally formatted SD card for whatever use you want without the crappy Android restrictions. I use my normal formatted SD card for LE backups and the occasional download that I rarely make (as can access almost all I want when I want via streaming I see no point in wasting time and effort on downloading media files, though useful to have some material locally sotred just in case the internet goes down). The boxes run so much better once LibreELEC is installed to internal of course as you would expect.

Edited once, last by RayW (April 26, 2017 at 12:06 PM).

• Two weeks ago I put LibreELEC on an MXQ Pro 4K using the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h image, downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, renamed that to dtb.img an added it to SD card. I booted the box without any single problem and my remote control worked. Today I tried a second MXQ Pro 4k, same supplier but I think a different version since the remote has small differences. I tried installing LibreELEC the same way with a fresh install on a new SD card (32 instead of 16). It boots, but my remote is not working. I connected mouse and keyboard to do the setup and connecting wireless als gave me an error: Network error. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: remote app. After that initial error it connected, but my remote is still not working and also a USB keyboard that worked during the installation no longer works. Are these problems related to the device tree? I don’t really care about the keyboard, but getting the remote working is very important for me.

EDIT: can I try replacing the dtb on the SD card with another one? Or do I have to do a fresh start and burn the LibreELEC image on the SD card again?

Edited once, last by freekdl (April 26, 2017 at 12:50 PM).