Posts by freekdl

I found the keymap editor which lets me define my volume controls and also the subtitle sync menu (without the osd buttons which were always in front of the subs when trying to sync lol), but I would also like to map a key to take me to the subtitle menu, where you can select different providers and subs. I don't find this option in the keymap editor, is it possible through a custom command in the remote.conf for example?

Absolutely. None of the boxes I have set up had working bluetooth and I have used micro dongles on all of them.

I don't really have a specific model to recommend, but I am currently using three dongles that I paid 99 cents a piece for on ebay.

That's great to hear! Just plug and play or do I have to configure it first? I'm guessing I can connect from the LibreELEC settings? I also have the very cheap DX dongles.

I've read that LE installs fine with GRUB bootloader, but all those discussions were about computers and not android boxes. Is it possible to get a GRUB bootloader on an S905 or S905X box and install LibreELEC, Android, and some Linux version?

My request seems a little weird maybe, but I dream about 1 box that can do everything, watch kodi in LE, play games on retroarch (in LE or android), play android games and run android apps, and also have a full linux computer for on the go

I was flashing multiple MXQ's with custom remote.conf's and must have messed up somewhere. After I flashed one of the boxes all buttons worked except volume up and down, which are very important when watching in bed while the girlfriend's sleeping so I don't need the TV remote to control volume.

I connected with filezilla and had a look in the .config folder on the NAND of the box, but couldn't find the remote.conf there. Is it in another folder or do I have to start over with a fresh SD card (with the right remote.conf) and install to NAND?

Maybe a little off-topic, but since I have unused buttons on my remote, can I map one to a shortcut that brings up the subtitle sync screen?

I've got 2 MXQ Pro 4K which were terrible out of the box, so I tried LibreELEC on SD and was so satisfied that I flashed it on the NAND. Now I'm in love with my MXQ's in combination with LibreELEC because they run so fantastic! Plays 1080 24p smooth as butter without any judder and I don't want to part from that.

The only issue is my MXQ's do not have bluetooth support and I would really like to play retro games on my box. So I ordered some others boxes (all s912) only to realize that they will not run LibreELEC and now I still can't use one system for both.

Long story short: Can I use a bluetooth dongle on my MXQ and will LibreELEC recognize this? Or am I better of looking for a box with a 905x chipset, bluetooth an maybe a little more ram to flash with LibreELEC?

Sorry if this question is asked over and over, but I've been searching for days now and really can't figure it out on my own.

I have 2 MQX Pro's which are pretty crappy the way they come out of the box, so I soon started experimenting with LibreELEC on SD cards created with the LibreELEC SD card tool. One of them gave me some headaches because the remote.conf I extracted from the android root didn't work for LibreELEC. Eventually I got it working by using the remote.conf for a Mini M8S II and remapping some keys.

In the end I got 2 fully working boxes that worked great with their own LibreELEC SD card and I was ready to install it to NAND.
    I opened up terminal on OS X, SSH’d into LibreELEC’s IP, entered installtointernal followed by a yes and a y if I remember correctly, and in the end I got this message:

All done! You can now continue using your LE system or type "rebootfromnand" to reboot from internal memory.WARNING: If your internal memory layout is different from standard Amlogic, you have to reboot and perform this operation again!

So I rebooted with rebootfromnand with the SD card still inserted, when it was booted I turned it off with my remote, took out the SD card and fired it up again. Only, nothing happened :p The screen just stayed black. I tried booting from SD card again and that works, but my remote no longer works and the Kodi displayed is not my custom Kodi but a fresh start with no addons.

Now I don’t know if LibreELEC is installed on the NAND and just won’t boot without the SD or if I’m running LibreELEC from the SD card. I can still login with terminal and Filezilla but how to tell if I'm accessing the NAND or the SD card?

At this point I don’t really know what to do since the tutorial I followed doesn’t cover this. Should I try starting all over again with a fresh SD card and the toothpick method or can I still fix this through SSH with terminal or Filezilla?

Any help or link to a tutorial that works for my box is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just checked the SD card and my remote.conf is still present so I don't understand why it doesn't work. There are also 2 new files created on the SD card during the process: recovery20170427215040.img & dtb20170427215040.img

EDIT 2: after checking my SD card on my laptop, I unplugged the box, inserted the card and plugged it back in and now I'm seeing my custom Kodi again so I did run it from NAND before, it just doesn't boot without the SD card present. I'm guessing I have to ssh the correct device tree and remote.conf to some folder on the NAND before it runs without the SD card?

EDIT 3: I tried installtointernal again but this time chose no when asked if I wanted to copy user data to internal memory. When entering rebootfromnand it booted into a fresh start with working remote! I rebooted without the SD card and now it works with remote and everything so my problem is solved :)

However, I'm curious if it has something to do with this line: 'WARNING: If your internal memory layout is different from standard Amlogic, you have to reboot and perform this operation again!'. Can someone tell me more about it?

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I have the exact same problem and you seem to be willing to help :) I have two MXQ Pro 4K's with different remotes. One has factory_code 0x4040000, the other factory_code 0xfe010001. I found these codes in remote.conf on android with root explorer. The remote with factory_code 0xfe010001 I can get to work on both boxes by copying the same remote.conf that I found in android root to the LibreELEC SD card, the other remote however will not work on both boxes and I can't figure out why.

I tried running "dmesg-c" and these were the results for pushing on the power button, ok button and directional buttons:

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg -c
    [ 1477.989009@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xae517f80
    [ 1479.049862@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xf20d7f80
    [ 1479.692478@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xd9267f80
    [ 1480.103014@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xd8277f80
    [ 1480.467078@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xd7287f80
    [ 1480.877535@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xda257f80

So it is connecting! I've got hope again :D

This is the remote.conf for that remote:

#amlogic NEC remote
    factory_code = 0x40400001
    work_mode = 0
    repeat_enable = 1
    repeat_delay = 40
    repeat_peroid = 39
    release_delay = 121
    debug_enable = 1

fn_key_scancode = 0x00
    left_key_scancode = 0x51
    right_key_scancode = 0x50
    up_key_scancode = 0x16
    down_key_scancode = 0x1a
    ok_key_scancode = 0x13

mouse_begin
    0 0x51 //mouse key left
    1 0x50 //mouse key right
    2 0x16 //mouse key up
    3 0x1a //mouse key down
    mouse_end
    key_begin
    0x11 102 #HOME
    0x19 158 #EXIT
    0x4c 125 #SETUP(MENU)
    0x40 116 #ON/OFF
    0x18 115 #VOL+
    0x10 114 #VOL-
    0x16 103 #UP
    0x51 105 #LEFT
    0x13 97 #DPAD_CENTER
    0x50 106 #RIGHT
    0x1a 108 #DOWN
    0x41 113 #MUTE
    0x5a 119 #PLAY_PAUSE
    0x0a 257 #MUSIC
    0x49 261 #PICTURE PLAYER
    0x4d 263 #SHORTCUT_VIDEOPLAYER
    0x48 262 #SHORTCUT_FILEBROWSER
    0x03 217 #SEARCH
    0x0e 70 #267->WEBSITE #70-->EXPLORE
    0x43 127 #SETTINGS
    0x54 120 #FAST_FORWARD
    0x55 121 #REWIND
    0x59 122 #PREV
    0x58 123 #NEXT
    0x4e 2 #1
    0x0d 3 #2
    0x0c 4 #3
    0x4a 5 #4
    0x09 6 #5
    0x08 7 #6
    0x46 8 #7
    0x05 9 #8
    0x04 10 #9
    0x01 11 #0
    0x42 14 #DEL
    0x52 128 #MEDIA_STOP
    0x45 264 #ONEKEY_ZOOM
    0x06 265 #SHORTCUT_SUBTITLE
    0x44 266 #SHORTCUT_AUDIO
    0x0f 255 #MAIN_MENU f7
    0x12 269 # F9
    key_end

EDIT: I eventually figured it out. Those customs codes I was getting from dmesg -c all ended in 7f80. I found a remote config for a Mini M8S II with factory_code 0x7f800001, tried using this factory_code in my remote.conf didn't work and the remote.conf from the Mini M8S didn't map all buttons correctly, but I was able to fix this by copying some of the codes from my remote.conf to the other one. All buttons except fast forward and rewind now work.

Hoping someone can help me out, I have two MXQ Pro 4K's with different remotes. One has factory_code 0x4040000, the other factory_code 0xfe010001. I found these codes in remote.conf on android with root explorer. The remote with factory_code 0xfe010001 I can get to work on both boxes by copying the same remote.conf that I found in android root to the LibreELEC SD card, the other remote however will not work on both boxes and I can't figure out why. It's only a matter of changing factory_code in remote.conf on the root of the SD right? Or do I have to put this remote.conf somewhere else?
    [hr]

tried all remote.conf files not one would work for my mxq found an old back up and pulled the remote.conf from it
    i will upload hope it helps some one

This! My remote.conf has the exact same factory_code as his but for the love of God it will not work in LibreELEC. Also not in android btw.

I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

By config folder do you mean remotely accessing LibreELEC and navigating to configfiles? Do I just put it there since there is no remote.config in that folder or subfolders or do I just store it in the root of the LibreELEC SD card, where there is a remote.config present?

I tried the last one with your remote.config and also a remote.config I got from the root folder from the android box (where the remote does work), but both attempts failed.

1. Did you check if you do not have the p212 version fot the MQX pro 4k? I made that mistake the first time (and as such grabbed the wrong dtb file: the p200 file)
    2. I did find that you need to upload the remote.config file to the proper location for the remote to work. You can find the config file here:

Originalremote.zip - Google Drive

Just upload that to the Config folder and reboot. Should do the trick (it did for me!)

Just checked it and the problem box is build p201-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161202, kernel zheng@ubuntu12 #1
    The working box is build p201pro-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161207, kernel project1@AKRD-47 #1

Interesting that these boxes from the same vendor have different builds and kernels when there was only 10 days between purchases.

Before I continue i want to note that the remotes for these boxes were not universal, remote for box 1 only worked on box one, and vice versa.

I downloaded your remote config and replaced it with the remote config on the SD card (that's all I'm supposed to do right?) and now the remote still doesn't work BUT the remote for my working box DOES work on the second one :p So it's obvious that this remote.config file is the issue.

So I need a different remote.config for the second box. Any tips on how to find out which remote.config I need for the other remote? Can't I find it somewhere on the android part of the box?

Thanks for the fast replies! I've tried the following:

without device tree it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with the original device tree in the LibreELEC image it hangs at the S905 bootscreen.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb all hardware works but no remote.
    with gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb all hardware works but no remote.

I’m guessing the last two devices trees are working for me but maybe I need to take extra steps to get the remote working? Like I said before, I have two identical boxes, it’s very strange that one works and the other is giving me headaches..

Hoping someone can help me out, I have two MXQ Pro 4K's with different remotes. One has factory_code 0x4040000, the other factory_code 0xfe010001. I found these codes in remote.conf on android with root explorer. The remote with factory_code 0xfe010001 I can get to work on both boxes by copying the same remote.conf that I found in android root to the LibreELEC SD card, the other remote however will not work on both boxes and I can't figure out why. It's only a matter of changing factory_code in remote.conf on the root of the SD right? Or do I have to put this remote.conf somewhere else?

Two weeks ago I put LibreELEC on an MXQ Pro 4K using the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h image, downloaded gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, renamed that to dtb.img an added it to SD card. I booted the box without any single problem and my remote control worked. Today I tried a second MXQ Pro 4k, same supplier but I think a different version since the remote has small differences. I tried installing LibreELEC the same way with a fresh install on a new SD card (32 instead of 16). It boots, but my remote is not working. I connected mouse and keyboard to do the setup and connecting wireless als gave me an error: Network error. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: remote app. After that initial error it connected, but my remote is still not working and also a USB keyboard that worked during the installation no longer works. Are these problems related to the device tree? I don’t really care about the keyboard, but getting the remote working is very important for me.

EDIT: can I try replacing the dtb on the SD card with another one? Or do I have to do a fresh start and burn the LibreELEC image on the SD card again?