Posts by gary9872

Hello all

Took the image for a spin. Here's how it went down on my box
    Booted up. Couldn't read the top ( off the screen) Somethng about I don't know what your are doing. and didnt' want to load the kernel modules.

dmesg.log

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

kodi.log

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for you work

Cheers

Gary

Code
    systemctl restart fd628

That didn't fix it.

But I have solved it.

fd628.service needs an execstops in it, in regards to a loaded module, and a command running.

When the service starts, it adds the aml_fd268 module using parameters found in the vfd config file.

But you can't change parameters in a running module, it needs to be unloaded and added again.

The fd628.service when a stop/restart is requested needs to first stop FD628Service, then needs to remove the module aml_fd268.

So for anyone who has this issue:

Modify your vfd config file

fuser -k /usr/sbin/FD628Service

rmmod aml_fd268

systemctl restart fd628

Cheers,

Gary

I'm try to give these builds a shot on my new box, but to no avail.

Its a 281 board. I've tried using a couple 212 dtb images as suggested by the forums but they don't seem to work. I see there is source for some p281boards, but I'm not quite sure what I need to compile them. I gather I need the dtc compiler, but haven't found where to get the include files like gxl_p281_2g.dts

If anyone knows where this file would be or Adam if you be able to compile the gxl_p281_2g_tx3mini device tree that would be appreciated.

Attached is link to the build.prop for device in question

Thanks Gary

To John.

Two questions.

1. Could you provide/show me where there is an img version of the S905 9.0.0-testing7.

2. I'm having trouble compiling the source, I'm assuming that you have used < Perl 5.26. If this is the case could you bump automake from 1.15 to 1.15.1 as this bug (bug#22372: [PATCH] automake.in: fix deprecated regex syntax) as Perl 5.26 with automake 1.15 now produces a hard error?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi all.

I enjoy all the builds. (thanks kszaq) but not the big downloads.

So I tried to see if there was a way to make patches between the builds, with decent size patches.

I was successful.

I now have access to all 10 builds (a to j image with sensors) only needing 164 megs of downloading. (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1a.img.gz + 9 patch files)

If this is something that would be useful for you, you can look at it here:

GitHub - gary9872/905kszaq-diff-patches

I made a script (Linux) that can patch any of the sensored image builds, or you can do it manually. (Linux/Windows)

If you like the idea but need instead one of the other formats/versions (no sensors, tar etc) I'd be willing to add those too.

Any comments, suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi kszaq,

Once again many thanks for Your devoted work.
    I'm compiling from Your github source a version with openSSL instead off libreSSL.
    For compiling this I do have to commit locally some changes.
    I would like to keep my clone up to date with Your remote source without overwrite my changes.
    Please, I like to ask If You Could give me the right commands to do so?

kind regards, Jefken.

I think what you need to do is to make a git patch.

So my box is useless when it comes to LibreElec and I am stuck to Android?
    I will bring it back to the dealer then, since the ad says : Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad-Core [email protected]

Which S905 or S905x do you recommend if I want to install LibreElec ?

So you know for sure, or for next time download CPU-Z

details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en

and go to the SOC tab and look under archetecture it should say A53-Cortex(S905)... not A7-Cortex (Rockchip)

As for which one to buy: the ODROID_C2 (Some assembly may be required case, etc)

I have a GooBangDoo Master, which works fine with LibreElec.

For a better answer, let everyone know what you want to do with your box. ie dual boot android/libreelec, 4k? HEVC?10bit?, wifi/wired, all that fancy audio stuff like DTS surround, spdif I know very little about.

Hope you do good this time around :)

Gary

Is anyone else having problems with networking?

I mean when I connect wirelessly it works fine until I reboot, when I reboot the network is forgotten.
    I also noticed when using LAN I get a new IP-address assigned on every reboot, seems that LibreELEC isn't saving or loading my network settings? Can I solve this somehow? I'm using a OTT MXQ PRO 4K (Amlogic S905).

I swear I responded to this... the gremlins ate it?

ssh into your box and do this.

Code
    dmesg | grep MAC

If you get something like: ERROR invalid mac addr:00:00:00:00:00:00, assign random MAC, you are probably just going to have to deal with the two problems mentioned above.

You would need to make a script that would run at boot that would change the MAC address to the same numbers every time.

You could try this... it may or may not work.

thread-2139.html

Gary

[hr]

Since Android says it is a S905 I have used : LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1h.img.gz 23-Apr-2017 21:35

I then tried every available device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/ and renamed the file every time in dtb.img, overwriting the original file in the LibreElec software.
    However I was never able to reboot my device to LibreElec :(

So please help: What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

rk322_x-box userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F 20170303.

That's screams Rockchip not S905. You could check your build.prop file and look for the build info...but if you see the above build info there again, I think you are SOL for using a 905build.

Gary

Just a short question: Where can I automatically shutdown Kodi at a given time?

I want to turn off the hardware with a timer plug. In order to not damage the
    file system of Kodi I would like to have it turn off every night at 2355, because
    at midnight the plug will turn off the electricity.

You could use cron to do that I'm guessing.

1. Start an SSH session with your box via command line with a computer

Code
    ssh root@libreelec

or root@the ip number of your box

(Above is from Linux command line.. might be different using Windows or MAC etc)

type yes for key ( if this is your first time connecting to your box)

Default password should be libreelec.

To my knowledge cron should be running already...

2. Check with:

Code
    pidof crond

It should return a 4 or 5 digit number. If it doesn't get back to me... cuz it's not running

I'm just going to assume it is running... for now..
    ---------------------------------------------------------

3. Change Directory to where cron stores stuff.

Code
    cd /storage/.cache/cron/crontabs

make a file here... you can use the nano text editor

4. Type something like this...

Code
    nano turnoffcomputer

(you will enter a text editor)

5. Type this in whilst in the text editor.

Code
    55 23 * * * root poweroff

6. Then hit ctrl-X then hit y to save.

If everything goes well.. you box should shutdown at 11:55pm every day.

Perhaps somebody can clarify that poweroff is the proper command to shutdown libre elec properly? (Or is it shutdown which seems to give 1 minute grace with no arguments)

I'm probably clear as pea soup, so ask more questions if you need too.
    Hopefully that steers you in the right way.

Cheers,

Gary

Is it ? i really dont know. when i had K1 Plus i used realtek wifi Driver.
    Which dtb file should i use for Ampak then ?
    Can i see which WiFi Card i have in dmesg ? thanks for replying.

It say aml.29 wifi which means ?????

From what little I've found, people with this have SEEM TO have an Ampak which uses the broadcomhd driver.

Perhaps try another dtb with same specs like 2G 100M but no realteak wifi?

Perhaps asking this would be better answered at the KI / KII Pro thread?

thread-2722.html

Cheers,