[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• 7.95.beta5 still the same tvheadend client livetv playback problems since 7.0.2.007 (recordings playback fine).
    Looks like I'm resigned to staying on that build for ever as this bug introduced in 7.02.008 is just never going away.

Reported several times
    thread-2156-post-29822.html#pid29822

I dont see this on my Minimx III s905 , all fine here. I have smooth live tv if i change deinterlacing method to:Yadif and turn off hardware acceleration, using Tvheadend. If not i have stutter and audio dropouts .

• The Yam AVR shows me the settings on-screen, plus the O key shows the stream information. Ill post up some screen shots as requested shortly, using a 4K stream from the net, showing the amp input info, Kodi Audio settings etc.
    [hr]

4K and Kodi info attached from Screenshots..... TV is a 4K TV, no special settings made to it, just switches resolution as needed.

Thanks for the screenshot, really appreciate it.
    I can see that the display setting is 1080 and adjust refresh rate off and still you are getting 4K , I will try these settings

Another question, were you able to stream 4K movies from 3rd party addons without hiccups ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @ kszaq may i suggest you add following patch to kodi based on work by  juramusger thread-4068.html to avoid dark screen on bootup...

• kszaq Sorry about that, this is the output of "tail -f ~/kodi/temp/kodi.log"

Please let me know if you need other traces or you need me to test something else.

• @ kszaq may i suggest you add following patch to kodi based on work by  juramusger thread-4068.html to avoid dark screen on bootup...

That isn't a patch, that is playing a video at startup to workaround the dark screen, and is something I think many of us would be opposed to. It's easy enough for someone to set a startup video if it bothers them that much.

Personally I'd be much more bothered by the extra time taken to start the box because of an intro video playing after boot - the slightly darker menus don't affect usability at all.

• Thanks for the screenshot, really appreciate it.
    I can see that the display setting is 1080 and adjust refresh rate off and still you are getting 4K , I will try these settings

Another question, were you able to stream 4K movies from 3rd party addons without hiccups ?

Yes, the 4K was from a 3rd party addon that has all the latest 4K movies. It was by the off chance that I tested it. 4K movies were not streamed from my LAN. Im pretty much sure its 4K and TrueHD etc as the amp says it is, and the Kodi 'O' Key output says it too. TV I didn't have to mess with as I guess that the TV switches based on the output from the HDMI via the amp. The amp does do upscaling to 4K, however that would show up as say 1080p to 4K in the amp information panel. If its says 4K to 4K, then its already 4K input from kodi, to the amp and output to the TV. besides I wouldnt get the TrueHD either... the usual way is if its wrong is 2 channel sound, and 4K picture.

As for the addon's the hiccups do occur, however I do have a 200 Mbit internet connection, so it would depend on that and the speed of the source. It was pretty stable early this morning and daytime Friday. Busy times it may well stall and buffer due to net congestion, or the sheer number of connections to the sites for the streams.

Edited once, last by gpchampion (February 4, 2017 at 7:10 PM).

• Yes, the 4K was from a 3rd party addon that has all the latest 4K movies. It was by the off chance that I tested it. 4K movies were not streamed from my LAN. Im pretty much sure its 4K and TrueHD etc as the amp says it is, and the Kodi 'O' Key output says it too. TV I didn't have to mess with as I guess that the TV switches based on the output from the HDMI via the amp. The amp does do upscaling to 4K, however that would show up as say 1080p to 4K in the amp information panel. If its says 4K to 4K, then its already 4K input from kodi, to the amp and output to the TV. besides I wouldnt get the TrueHD either... the usual way is if its wrong is 2 channel sound, and 4K picture.

As for the addon's the hiccups do occur, however I do have a 200 Mbit internet connection, so it would depend on that and the speed of the source. It was pretty stable early this morning and daytime Friday. Busy times it may well stall and buffer due to net congestion, or the sheer number of connections to the sites for the streams.

Thanks for the details, I have only 36 Mbps and that may be some reason and video plays for 5 mins and then starts buffering

• kszaq: I upgraded from Jarvis builds to last Krypton build, 7.95.beta5, and now I can't play the next sample:Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    No picture and sound.
    Thanks for your work.

Thank you for the sample. I will try to fix it and if I can't I will ask Peak3d (the author of Amlogic hardware decoding improvements) for help.
    [hr]

Thank you. Any plans to use a more recent kernel version and/or the media built editon?

There only kernel version we can use is 3.14. My builds have the (almost) latest media_build drivers from here: GitHub - crazycat69/linux_media: TBS linux open source drivers excluding drivers that cannot be backported to 3.14.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM).

• may i suggest you add following patch to kodi based on work by . . .

That workaround isn't really worth a dev wasting their time on. Far better to let them get on with fixing the issues we can't deal with ourselves.
    It's implementation is well known, and even simpler if those bothered select a skin with the option embedded, and just click on the 'show intro at startup' button ;)

• 7.95.beta5 still the same tvheadend client livetv playback problems since 7.0.2.007 (recordings playback fine).
    Looks like I'm resigned to staying on that build for ever as this bug introduced in 7.02.008 is just never going away.

Reported several times
    thread-2156-post-29822.html#pid29822

Some details about tvheadend breaking are welcome.
    I never had any back/front client/server issues from 7.0.2.00x to now 7.0.3.012g (sorry no h yet).
    In fact it does not even matter on which machine back/front client/server are (e.g. both on same box or not).
    it works (for me).

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (February 5, 2017 at 4:33 AM).