Posts by gpchampion

How did you spotify working, what mixer settings are you using?

Im using the spotify version from here: Spotify for Kodi . it was a while back so I think I copied the cache files over to the right folders as detailed in the thread, and it works on the S905x. You need a browser session open on the box to authenticate otherwise.

When you say mixer? Assume you mean pass through? I've set channels to 5.1 and pass through on with all ticked for DTS/True HD etc to the AVR.

Thanks for the screenshot, really appreciate it.
    I can see that the display setting is 1080 and adjust refresh rate off and still you are getting 4K , I will try these settings

Another question, were you able to stream 4K movies from 3rd party addons without hiccups ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the 4K was from a 3rd party addon that has all the latest 4K movies. It was by the off chance that I tested it. 4K movies were not streamed from my LAN. Im pretty much sure its 4K and TrueHD etc as the amp says it is, and the Kodi 'O' Key output says it too. TV I didn't have to mess with as I guess that the TV switches based on the output from the HDMI via the amp. The amp does do upscaling to 4K, however that would show up as say 1080p to 4K in the amp information panel. If its says 4K to 4K, then its already 4K input from kodi, to the amp and output to the TV. besides I wouldnt get the TrueHD either... the usual way is if its wrong is 2 channel sound, and 4K picture.

As for the addon's the hiccups do occur, however I do have a 200 Mbit internet connection, so it would depend on that and the speed of the source. It was pretty stable early this morning and daytime Friday. Busy times it may well stall and buffer due to net congestion, or the sheer number of connections to the sites for the streams.

The Yam AVR shows me the settings on-screen, plus the O key shows the stream information. Ill post up some screen shots as requested shortly, using a 4K stream from the net, showing the amp input info, Kodi Audio settings etc.
    [hr]

The Yam AVR shows me the settings on-screen, plus the O key shows the stream information. Ill post up some screen shots as requested shortly, using a 4K stream from the net, showing the amp input info, Kodi Audio settings etc.

4K and Kodi info attached from Screenshots..... TV is a 4K TV, no special settings made to it, just switches resolution as needed.

7.95 Beta5 working fine here so far on a Droibox S905X 2G/16G box. Spotify addon seems more stable, will leave it on test streaming etc all day here. CEC is working fine with Yamaha AVR RX-V679. All pass through settings available for 7.1 DTS etc working as far as I can hear. AVR remote operates via CEC all Kodi functions fine. Great work. Thanks! Any other things to check/test?

Update: Running stream of Deepwater Horizon, 4K Video, 23.9 FPS, TrueHD Audio RAW to AVR, across internet, fantastic. Kodi handling on Libreelec superb. No bumps or issues.