7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Does suspend work for you?

I don't normally use it so I'm not entirely sure how it's meant to work. The power button on the remote seems to turn the device off as I get the big "B" logo when I turn it back on. If I select suspend from the power menu in Kodi that appears to work as the power button then seems to just wake up the device.

• Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb , I had the same problem with the 44000hz live streams with bad audio and video judder trying to sync with the audio.

Again i tried to repeat the update by copying the files LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008.img.gz along with new .008 device tree (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb) But after the update installed the issue was not fixed.

The only way to fix the issue was to install the .008 new device tree MANUALLY.

In my case i copied the dtb.img into the backup directory/folder and issued the following dd command
    dd if=/storage/backup/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

Rebooted and issue was fixed.

I now believe a lot of people are not aware that the NEW .008 device tree has not installed using the current instructions for updating.

I know this is the case for 3 different boxes all running LE from internal memory. If you encounter issues try and install device tree manually
    to see if issue is solved.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM).

• Did you read this #22

I think you should because we have no idea what chip you have and no idea of your ram.

5. Chipset: Amlogic S905 Quad core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit
    6. GPU: Five-core Mali-450MP GPU
    7. ROM: 8GB EMMC
    8. RAM: 1GB DDR3

This is what the build of the box is sorry about for not posting ....

• Hi, first post, massive thanks to Kszqa for his great work on bringing LibreElec to the S905 devices, and big hi five to everybody else that has contributed, I have upgraded from 007 to 008 on a MiniMx box (1g 8g on SD card) all went well, as per your instructions, as pointed out by "anthontex" the back button on the remote does no longer functions as intended, I have seen the line of code to fix this, by question is where do I have to put that line. I am a newbie but am familiar with SSH into the device. thank in advance. keep up the awesome work.

• Hi, first post, massive thanks to Kszqa for his great work on bringing LibreElec to the S905 devices, and big hi five to everybody else that has contributed, I have upgraded from 007 to 008 on a MiniMx box (1g 8g on SD card) all went well, as per your instructions, as pointed out by "anthontex" the back button on the remote does no longer functions as intended, I have seen the line of code to fix this, by question is where do I have to put that line. I am a newbie but am familiar with SSH into the device. thank in advance. keep up the awesome work.

Hi check also if audio works fine. put this file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps to fix back button :)

Code
    scp keyboard.xml root@yourip:/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps
    ssh root@yourip
    systemctl restart kodi

Edited once, last by anthontex (October 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM).

• Thanks "anthontex", job done! Back button all working now, haven't had a chance to test audio yet, I normally run audio through a 7.1 amp via HDMI passthrough, so will have a look over the weekend. :)

• I think this may be due to increased coherent_pool_size. I have re-uploaded .008 with that change reverted. Yes, source code is uploaded to my GitHub, links in the first post.

Thanks for looking into this. I am not sure I figure out what you mean by coherent_pool_size increase.
    I notice linux-48d3a2f and media_build-6931070 use smp_mb__after_clear_bit and smp_mb__after_atomic respectively in dvb_usb_core.c.
    Such seems to correspond to the symbol mismatch.
    note: (not sure if it matters)
    projects/S905/patches/media_build/media_build-fix.patch
    seems to have commented out
    #define smp_mb__after_atomic smp_mb__after_clear_bit

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (October 14, 2016 at 5:26 PM).

• thank you kszaq for your dedication to the community, just realized partition layout has labelled now, boot and disk, i thing it worth mentioned in changelog

• Hi guys, just updated my Beelink Min MXiii via.img file and all is well except for the back button not working, but easily sorted with the Keymap Programme. It is very smooth.....many thanks Kszaq

• Hmm my mini m8s doesn't want to play audio through passthrough anymore :(
    I updated from 007 and even downloaded a new dtb (gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi) and used dd but nothing works, there is just silence.
    Is there an easy way to "downgrade" ?

Thanks

• Hi guys, just as a slight aside I am trying to update my second box via the update folder on my laptop but when I open network and then click on Libreelec it says 'Libreelec is not accessible, You may not have permissions to use this net work resource........blah blah blah' How can I change this so I do have access? Cheers

• I have been running Libreelec from sd card with no issues. (Beelink MXminiIII ) 7.0.2.007I have just installed 7.0.2.008 to a usb stick fresh install. Using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtbCopied the keyboard.xml to the keymaps folder, so now back button works, (Thanks anthontex)

something odd is happening, the wifi seems to be working better. Or is it my imagination?