LibreELEC (Leia) 9.1.002 ALPHA

• Good evening, is there a cause/reason the advancedsettings.xml will not work?

Tried with a raspex version/image (kodi 18.3 Git:20190718-b0e4133d0f) and my mariadb is able to connect.

For the w0man acceptance factor i would prefer the libreelc image instead ;)

regards

Mario

advancedsettings.xml is working fine (41,000 users can't all be wrong!) and if it's not working for your then you've probably made a mistake somewhere, or something else isn't working as expected, in which case please post your kodi.log as this typically reveals the underlying issue.

If you're not able to connect to a MariaDB server from LibreELEC then enable "Wait for network before starting Kodi" in Settings > LibreELEC > Network > Advanced Network Settings - this is a common issue as Kodi frequently starts before the network has been brought up.

• advancedsettings.xml is working fine (41,000 users can't all be wrong!) and if it's not working for your then you've probably made a mistake somewhere, or something else isn't working as expected, in which case please post your kodi.log as this typically reveals the underlying issue.

If you're not able to connect to a MariaDB server from LibreELEC then enable "Wait for network before starting Kodi" in Settings > LibreELEC > Network > Advanced Network Settings - this is a common issue as Kodi frequently starts before the network has been brought up.

Thank you very much - this did the trick for me :thumbup:

• Is no one having scraping issues in 9.1.002? Seriously - this is becoming a worry.

I'm not aware of any issues right now - there were some issues a week or two ago because one of the websites updated their API but I believe that is now resolved (API change rolled back). Can you post a debug log of you scraping a movie that is scraped incorrectly? Is it every movie or just some movies?

• I have the same problem with scraping TV with this release and Pi4 (4GB).

I've tried both TheMovieDB and TheTVDB (the later I still prefer, it's more complete with foreign, less known series).

After scraping 5-6 series CPU load gets high and Kodi freezes and gives me the logo screen and I have to pull power.

I've tried to get a debug log of this but there seems to be nothing about this in it.

• Anyone else having playback issues with the pi4 (1080p, h264/h265, adjust refresh rate on start/stop)?

Some files play without problem, but i have also encountered dropped frames every few seconds in some files. It is quite noticable. I started watching my h264 encode of Gladiator and it stutters every 2-3 seconds (so it drops some frames)

I also get the infamous "drop frames before first appearance of srt subtitles" in a lot of files. This happens every time a new block of subtitles appears after some time without dialog.

Are that known issues?

• Anyone else having playback issues with the pi4 (1080p, h264/h265, adjust refresh rate on start/stop)?

Some files play without problem, but i have also encountered dropped frames every few seconds in some files. It is quite noticable. I started watching my h264 encode of Gladiator and it stutters every 2-3 seconds (so it drops some frames)

I also get the infamous "drop frames before first appearance of srt subtitles" in a lot of files. This happens every time a new block of subtitles appears after some time without dialog.

Are that known issues?

I don't know if it's a known issue, but I came here for the same reason. Like you say, it's only in some files, and I can't find the constant. h264/h265, 24/23.98, some fluid, some jerky. I'll try to produce some logs tonight, otherwise the good people working on this have nothing to go on. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one seeing this.

• I also get the infamous "drop frames before first appearance of srt subtitles" in a lot of files. This happens every time a new block of subtitles appears after some time without dialog.

Are that known issues?

About that issue, I have good results by disabling the "dirty regions" functionality.

Add a file /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Containing:

<advancedsettings>

<gui>

<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>

</gui>

</advancedsettings>

Got the idea from this thread:

Kodi's Dirty Regions - ARM GPU Tech - improving Kodi rendering performance

Edited once, last by grael: Typo (September 7, 2019 at 12:16 AM).

• Yes, I also get jerky video playback on rpi4, especially when external subtitles are in use. Kodi doesn't recognize it as dropped/skipped frames in the player debug info that you can see by pressing ctrl+shift+o, it is clearly visible though. CPU usage is very low when this is happening.

There is no such problem when using an older 17.6 raspbian version, but it has a lot of other issues like awful tearing.

• Every time i try to scrap TV shows Libre crashes and ends back at the logo and i need to restart the kodi service from shell or wait 30min untill it starts up again,

I've tried the TVDB and TMDB tv scrapers (latest versions) but it's the same error, i have to scan one season at a time for it to work. some minor shows with 3-4 seasons can work to scan all together.

It also does not work well with multipaths for same show.

If i start scan a show all seasons /episodes on a different path are hidden away.

tried reinstalling from scratch but it's the same problems, never had a problem when i used RP3 with kodi version 17.2 with the same structure.

I found the solution at the Kodi forum.

I had both "Archive" and "RAR Archive" addons installed. Uninstalled "Archive" and it's working again.

Check in Addons - Virtual File Systems.

So there's something wrong with Archive addon obviously.

• I found the solution at the Kodi forum.

I had both "Archive" and "RAR Archive" addons installed. Uninstalled "Archive" and it's working again.

Check in Addons - Virtual File Systems.

So there's something wrong with Archive addon obviously.

I'm having the same TV scraping issue reported in this thread. On my installation I have neither archive support or RAR archive support installed.