Posts by gierthi

Ok, some updates.

Setup: RPI4 -> HDMI -> AVR -> HDMI -> TV

Libreelec 9.2.1: The subtitle stutter seems to be gone for me as far as i can see? But maybe i was just lucky with the files i tested.

BUT while h264/h265 (1080p) generally work i get weird "image bugs" regularly on those files now. They consist of:

* Weird tearing for 1 second

* Black screen for 1-2 seconds (while the audio continues fine)

Those "hiccups" happen multiple times (Edit: was an understatement, correct is every 4-5 minutes) in a film/episode and it is getting pretty annoying. I will try to capture the errors in the debug log but last time i tried there were no noticeable entries while these errors happened. That makes it kind of difficult to analyze...

Anyone of you also experiencing this?

Edit2: The hiccups happen exactly every 5 minutes when "adjust framerate" is on (so the movie plays correctly at 24fps)

When i turn that off and force 60fps constantly everything is fine (enough).

I do not have choppy playback BUT with 1080p+h264 files i get like 1 second image errors (black screen and audio continues or weird flashing artifacts) like 2-3 times in a film/tv episode. This got worse with the newest update.

1080p+hevc does NOT have any of that problems for me. Maybe there is a specific problem now with h264/avc files?

Edit: Ok, i was wrong. Since this latest update this is true for every file.

That's what i also experience. But diisabling audio passthrough does nothing for me.

The weird thing is that it works completely fine with some h264/h265 1080p(23.976/24fps) files and stutters/skips visibly with others. It was already discussed at the end of the the last announcement post. And i also find nothing in the logs.

Anyone else having playback issues with the pi4 (1080p, h264/h265, adjust refresh rate on start/stop)?

Some files play without problem, but i have also encountered dropped frames every few seconds in some files. It is quite noticable. I started watching my h264 encode of Gladiator and it stutters every 2-3 seconds (so it drops some frames)

I also get the infamous "drop frames before first appearance of srt subtitles" in a lot of files. This happens every time a new block of subtitles appears after some time without dialog.

Are that known issues?